Unity - Abandoned - She Will Punish Them [v0.990] [L2 Game Studios]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Bigtool

Reviewing v0.110

My first impression is very good. You could call this game Diablo 1 in 3D. That mighty classic has the same great atmosphere and dragged me into the game as She Will Punish Them.

Playing along for a couple of hour, you do notice a lack of polish. A combination of bugs and player unfriendliness can seriously set your progress back. I also question some game balance quirks. Replay value may also need work. This is acceptable from a small studio but leaves the game with difficulty competing in a big games market.

Character looks and inventory are great but also limited. Changes in inventory also appear on character. In this aspect, this game is solid gold. There are a lot of different outfits with theme wich will look splendid together. Mixing can work well too, especially for combat power.

All in all, I call this game a "diamond in the rough" 4/5. With continual development this game might just become the next succes.

-=v0.120=- The game is growing well in most dimensions. What is posted above still applies but the polish part less.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

TiffanyFox25

Can I just say ... this game is awesome!! I believe this is a Rogue-Lite ... so losing your items/inventory after dying is normal. I also need to find out where is game is sold at, hopefully not Patreon ... (edit, I just looked, its another Steam game, that's how you know its quality!!)

So before I start my review, I want to address all the 1 star reviews first.
    "THIS in 2020 ? really? " Yes and it's better than most games that are still in development as well. The graphics are nice, the outfits are sexy as hell, and the gameplay isn't bad at all. It reminds me of [games I cannot mention] but here's a hint, look at the enemy's animation and press space to roll/dodge cause it gives iframes.

"No clue on how to save a game. " Press F11 to quick save.
    "Lose all your stuff when you die." There's a chest right next to the door so save all your valuables before you run out into the world!!!
    "can't target an enemy for shit." Hint: stand behind cover, walk up to enemy, click on mouse to attack. Simple. Press [space] to dodge.
    "Avoid at all costs!!" I'd say the opposite, this game is actually really fun and I bought the game on Steam.

Now!! Onto the review!!!

The GOOD:
    - Graphics - great 3D game
    - Gameplay - use of items, variety of enemies, and general mystery of this game's world
    - Inventory - lots of items and fashionable armor
    - Controls ... it makes sense once you read the control bindings
    - Character creation - it is bare bones but there are some degrees of customization (the developer did a great job with the character model, horns, wings, and eyes)

The BAD:
    - No tutorial so you don't know what buffs you receive (still trying to figure it out) , how to save (Press F11), how to pick up items (Press TAB and click on the colored text that pops up), game mechanics (dodging with space or blocking with right mouse), how to sell items (drag items you don't into the merchant's screen), equip items (Press i or go to your wardrobe), and others.
    - Character animation feels too slippery in a sense, there's not enough physics or friction to make the character model feel grounded in the game
    - The GRIND!!! You will need to grind gold for items you want.

In general, this is a good beta game, there is a lot of guesswork and I do like a game that lets me figure it out on my own. Some people like their hands being held while they play their games but I like to use my brain to figure out a developing game.

EDIT 1 (5/9/2020), I have found out more about some the mechanics after playing this for a few days now:
    Red Buff = more HP in combat
    Blue Buff = more Mana
    Yellow Buff = more gold spawn
    Saving is automatic. It happens after finishing a level. I think the creator is trying to use the white circle as a saving location or a way to go back to the dungeon but I don't think it's implemented yet.
    Game Freezing?? I don't have a fancy laptop but the game hasn't froze for me yet.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Karakabra

Beautiful game, cool graphics, lights, models, animations and sound, the one hand weapon animation is excellent like all game design. Rightly finished and with much personality the developer. Only I have compliments for this game.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

yankeeInKy

Absolutely HORRIBLE!!! No clue on how to save a game. Lose all your stuff when you die. can't target an enemy for shit. Avoid at all costs!! I've got a Quad Core processor and this game freezes? then I read on a Unity platform it only uses one core? Really? In the end deleted this. Live and learn.