VN Ren'Py Shinigami Love [Development Thread]

Gearant

Jul 5, 2021
I skimmed through a bit of the comments and i gotta say, it brings a smile to my face that you seem to be legitimately happy doing your project! Not much developers seem to REALLY enjoy making their stuff and see it basically just as a job at some point. I hope that you will not lose that spark, my friend. I bet one will see your joy reflected within the game. Gotta check it out at some point. Still got too much backlog to start another one...

• Red Heart
Reactions: LeFapman

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Thanks a lot for the kind words! I am enjoying making this a lot, I've had other smaller game projects before (RPG Maker stuff) when I was a kid, always loved RPGs, but I've never clinged so hard to one and for so long. If you noticed, it means I'm in the right track, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon and would like to see my project finished. About the backlogs (had to look this word up), yeah, I get mood swifts often when I'm doing something that's boring so I add um, features and other stuff on top to distract myself and to make the process not so boring. Writing is my weakness.

I do like thinking about the story and note down ideas but for example I made a sports scene in the game that was taking so long to finish, and sports is not really my interest so I had to start thinking again of a way to make it different so I'd enjoy it. It's no longer your regular sports scene. It takes more time when you add things on top, yup, but I know when not to add too much.

There's nothing else for the battle mode to be done for example, I thought of ideas like combo stuff and some complex negative status that I won't implement for the sake of taking too much time for something that was supposed to be simple.

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
More renders today, the process is a bit time consuming, specially because you have to figure out stuff that only happens when you're posing characters or something that happened today, I didn't have a map for a bathroom! A bathroom, I have plenty for apartments, houses, but none came with a bathroom! Don't people pee and poo?

But I was thinking more about shower scenes, so it's a bit weird how there are no default maps or modded maps that came with bathrooms. I was lucky the mods I got have Items as resources to build maps, including tiles and walls so I could play a bit of The Sims on Koikatsu and made a map for the apartment!

Here are some pics of the new map, wanted to share with you guys.

CharaStudio-2024-07-29-00-15-21-Render.png

I see you oggling her, eyes on the map you horny hornet. :ROFLMAO:

CharaStudio-2024-07-29-00-19-06-Render.png
"What are you standing there for, you should join me on the tub!"