Others Shin's Family Life [v0.6.0] [Mystery Pizza]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Rev

Apr 25, 2017
Confused - thread says it is v0.3.0 but the game ends and states this is the end of v0.1.0
Which is it?

neodymiumx

Jun 5, 2020
very little content rn but the little there is is pretty good, hopefully we see more out of this.

MaxJake

Jul 16, 2018
I like Monochrome visuals as a manga game. I hope that the developer will add animation, a lot of fetishes in future updates (in particular impregnation)

UnluckySoup

Jun 16, 2022
I'm a real sucker for niche or unique art styles/visuals. don't see too many modern monochrome games which is a shame because it looks pretty sick.

ABthePerve

Jan 31, 2018
Certainly seems like AI assisted CGs at best, a lot of hands are very clearly messed up in the traditional AI gen mangling way. All the backgrounds are low res, sometimes aliased, most times smoothed over, straight lines in buildings/rooms/furniture are warped and wonky. All the linework in general is very indicative of low res genned images which are upscaled. You'd certainly have to upscale any currently genned images since lower detail, 'anime style' models aren't quite there yet for proper VN res image genning without obvious artefacts.

Details in the charas are also oddly inconsistent, like the number of eyelashes increasing and decreasing in different sprites at similar angles, hair bangs doing much the same. In general, the monochrome, crushed shadows/dark areas style they have gone with is smart since they can hide a lot of the genning patterns usually left in anime styled models during the image processing. With that said, a lot of the processing they have done is also fairly beginner level, which I don't say that as an insult but as just a statement of fact. For example, the shadows they've given for charas in scenes are clearly post process drop shadows, not even properly masked out resulting in incorrectly transparent areas, and very much different from the solid shadows in the backgrounds. I bring this up because if someone illustrated the backgrounds and chara sprites, they would keep the shading in the same style to mesh the elements together. They have given the main chara sprites a thick white stroke and seemingly cleaned up any off-shooting artefacts but, it's very clear from the wonky-ness of details and lines that they are genned.

Some of the erotic game/book story premises feel like they have the overly enthusiastic thesaurus-user word vomit you get when prompting any text gen model to write stories. I have nothing concrete to point to, so I won't accuse them of genning all the writing too, but I did notice a fair few grammar and spelling mistakes which could potentially be indicative of that as well. I would assume it's not MTL poetry seeing as this is seemingly an English language dev, let me know if that is not the case.

I didn't see any mention on the itch page or public patreon posts about the art being AI genned hence the lengthy comment. I wanted to substantiate my statements since I'm calling someone's potential art into question, I'm not here to cancel anyone or anything, so don't get it twisted.

I'll leave some examples that show fairly clearly that it's not entirely human illustrations. Pay attention to the pupils/eyes, hands, outfit details, linework on buildings/in rooms. Also included one in-game video game story exposition screen which felt particularly AI gen-y.

Most clearcut examples
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Inconsistency examples

Comping post process example

AI doesn't understand human things examples

Wonky/woozy linework examples

Suspected genned text

Last edited:

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Certainly seems like AI assisted CGs at best, a lot of hands are very clearly messed up in the traditional AI gen mangling way. All the backgrounds are also low res, sometimes aliased, most times smoothed over, straight lines in buildings/rooms/furniture get warped and wonky. All the linework in general is very indicative of low res genned images which are upscaled. You'd certainly have to upscale any currently genned since lower detail, 'anime style' models aren't quite there yet for proper VN ressed image genning without obvious artifacts.

Details in the charas are also oddly inconsistent, like the number of eyelashes increasing and decreasing in different sprites at similar angles, hair bangs doing much the same. In general, the monochrome, crushed shadows/dark areas style they have gone with is smart since they can hide a lot of the genning patterns usually left in anime styled models during the image processing. With that said, a lot of the processing they have done is also fairly beginner level, which I don't say that as an insult but as just a statement of fact. For example, the shadows they've given for charas in scenes are clearly post process drop shadows, not even properly masked out resulting in incorrectly transparent areas, and very much different from the solid shadows in the backgrounds. I bring this up because if someone illustrated the backgrounds and chara sprites, they would keep the shading in the same style to mesh the elements together. They have given the main chara sprites a thick white stroke and seemingly cleaned up any off-shooting artefacts but, it's very clear from the wonky ness of details and lines that they are genned.

Some of the erotic game/book story premises do feel like it has the overly enthusiastic thesaurus user word vomit you get when asking any text gen models to write stories. I have nothing concrete to point to, so I won't accuse them of genning all the writing too, but I did notice a fair few grammar and spelling mistakes which could potentially be indicative of that. I would assume it's not mtl poetry seeing as this is seemingly an english language dev, let me know if that is not the case.

I didn't see any mention on the itch page or public patreon posts about the art being AI genned hence the lengthy comment. I wanted to substantiate my statements since I'm calling someone's potential art into question, I'm not here to cancel anyone or anything, so don't get it twisted.

I'll leave some examples that show fairly clearly that it's not entirely human illustrations. Pay attention to the pupils/eyes, hands, outfit details, linework on buildings. Also included one story explanation screen, which was particularly AI gen-y.

Most clearcut examples

Inconsistency examples

Comping post process example

AI doesn't understand human things examples

Wonky/woozy linework examples

Suspected genned text
Thank you for doing the research and saving us from playing this. I've reported the thread to have the mods include the "ai cg" tag.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Tags are fucked, no monsters or incest, and apparently the art is AI generated
You spy on your mom and are probably going to end up fucking your cousin.
The monsters come in with the fantasy book/game about the healer with a passion for monster cock.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
"Aiko observa los alrededores."
Doesn't seem very english.
And neither do "interlocutor" or "gimasio".

Mar 24, 2020
The black and white artstyle works well with the AI art. Rather than the telling shininess that AI creates, the tones are muffled enough to allow the anatomy to be focused on.
Keeping an eye on this one when it hits version 1.0 in 16 years.

Reactions: Futamania
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes