Vr1bo

Mar 8, 2022
So i just finished chapter 2 and i'm a bit lost with what happened (since i'm using MTL and the little bit of japanese knowledge i have). Can someone explain to me what the heck is happening with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
?

mhg87

Jul 14, 2018
So there's one thing I'm confused about. I know that you have to "feed levels" to monsters like the Maneater or whatever to get them to evolve into their new form, but whenever I'm defeated by one of the lesser demons it gives only gives me the option to start the battle over, see the game over scene, or "continue the game" at which point the monster disappears as if I defeated it. The option to be drained of more levels is colored red and not accessible.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
You probably don't have enough levels to trigger the level drain option. As far as I know, too, the sprite disappearing also applies to if you run from mobs or get defeated. Probably a design choice rather than a glitch.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

mhg87

Jul 14, 2018
You probably don't have enough levels to trigger the level drain option. As far as I know, too, the sprite disappearing also applies to if you run from mobs or get defeated. Probably a design choice rather than a glitch.
Yeah, that was it...sort of. So apparently you can't choose the option to feed it levels unless you're over level 20. Once you down to 20, the option goes away. So in order to activate the plant's final form, I assume you have to go in at level 50.

Jesus Christ, I have NEVER had a game fight this hard to prevent me from seeing all of its content. It's actually insane.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
I mean, I lost to the Lovehug without wanting to and unintentionally got the egg protector through repeat failures. I think if you keep grinding so much just to min-max yourself into Godhood, the content you want to see is going to be that much harder to see since you're basically stronger than almost everything else. Also, there are auto-loss options in the abilities menu, so y'know...

Also also, there is no time limit afaik for the main quest. But 3x also, getting to level 40 isn't that hard, which is around the region of where you can get drained to level 5 if that is your thing. Honestly, my complaint is that the DEUS VULT stuff is being gate-kept behind NG+. The first game at least let you purge indiscriminately if that was your style.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
I mean, I lost to the Lovehug without wanting to and unintentionally got the egg protector through repeat failures. I think if you keep grinding so much just to min-max yourself into Godhood, the content you want to see is going to be that much harder to see since you're basically stronger than almost everything else. Also, there are auto-loss options in the abilities menu, so y'know...

Also also, there is no time limit afaik for the main quest. But 3x also, getting to level 40 isn't that hard, which is around the region of where you can get drained to level 5 if that is your thing. Honestly, my complaint is that the DEUS VULT stuff is being gate-kept behind NG+. The first game at least let you purge indiscriminately if that was your style.
Have no worries, the wait will make our honor-bound duty to destroy the wenches for the Emperor all the stronger, we'll totally get a baller Genocide Route trust

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Assuming by this that you went to performance settings and set everything to be at its least intesive, I honestly don't know what the problem could be other than potentially having a program thats hooked into the game running at the same time, something like Mtool, but from my experience with doing that theres only issues if you use the speed up hotkey or have autosaves enabled. I think the scenes are just really performance intensive.
How you adjust the perfomance settings?

anonbinary

Aug 17, 2022
So there's one thing I'm confused about. I know that you have to "feed levels" to monsters like the Maneater or whatever to get them to evolve into their new form, but whenever I'm defeated by one of the lesser demons it gives only gives me the option to start the battle over, see the game over scene, or "continue the game" at which point the monster disappears as if I defeated it. The option to be drained of more levels is colored red and not accessible.
The responses aren't true - you just need to feed it 30 levels total.

Your issue is most likely that you are a "husk" so you cant feed it more atm w/o dieing.

Either choose death to suck all remaining levels or come back after sleeping husk status and your 5x squeezed status off.

Noctilight

Jun 18, 2020
Ditto. Messed around for a bit and can't seem to decipher it. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it that I can see. Until it's solved, it seems I'm locked out of Ch. 2 content.
Done, the answer is in the puzzle section, if it was not what you were looking for then tell me cause I might have misunderstood

Noctilight

Jun 18, 2020
The exact number of levels you have to feed to get new scenes is in the book in the izayoy hotel when you go look at lesser demons animations. You have to have at least 31 levels to get completely drained like you said, or you can lose one battle at a time since you lose at least 5 levels when you lose, but after that you get the choice to give all the levels you can give depending on your debuffs from being drained ( max is 25, resulting in a 30 level loss in total ). You can use the DOD feature to get drained in your room too ( activate the DOD when going to sleep ) but they won't have the new forms ( you still unlock them in the izayoy hotel book thought and when you go back in the dungeon they will have the form ). Keep in mind you can give x2 levels when losing if you are in the husk state.

AyJey

Aug 23, 2022
I need some help installing, i downloaded from the mega link, tried standalone (double click) and the green download button but files are still corrupted, any help? It looks like this

Noctilight

Jun 18, 2020
I need some help installing, i downloaded from the mega link, tried standalone (double click) and the green download button but files are still corrupted, any help? It looks like this
I am not an expert when it comes to this but did you change your locale to japanese ? if not here's a tutorial https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/ ( maybe you need to download japanese characters on your computer in the language parameters )

Reactions: NinjaNamedBob

Flowercat

Jan 4, 2018
This is a locale issue, the "corrupted" text is the computers replacement for Japanese characters, if you install a Japanese locale and they text is still garbled like that, redownload the file. Also if you're using winrar to unpack them make sure to set the language to japanese with CTRL + E

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes