VN - Ren'Py - Shut Up and Dance [Ep.1-9 Ch.2 v1.2 SE Steam] [Boring Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

lql360721

i love milf magen ;);),kind and lovely, Very nice game,nice renders , awesome milfs and characters. The story seems interesting. I hope the developer will continue in this direction because this is a very good beginning, so...good work and good luck .
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Geralt_R

Shut Up And Dance is about the MC, his mother and sister (this game is meant to be played with a patch or else nothing really makes sense here!) who have to adapt to a new life after the father of the family died. Money is scarce and they are in debt even.
    As it turns out the father was involved in some science project, for various reasons only the son, that is, the MC, can help with that project so he gets contacted by Emma, a (very pretty) scientist who worked with the deceased father. As it turns out the father was working on a machine that can transfer memories, to help with the side effects of that transfer the MC needs to take pills... and said pills have an interesting side effect. If the MC causes strong emotions in someone else he can more or less control their minds through the power of pheromones.

The basic story is of course rather far-fetched, but ok. There are sillier plots in VN land though and the mystery of the father's death is interesting enough to keep you guessing what's really going on here.

But the story mostly falls apart when it comes to the personal interactions, which is unfortunate. So depending on whether or not you place some importance on good and more or less semi-realistic character interactions Shut Up And Dance may disappoint you.

Just a few examples... for some reason the MC collapses on the street (side effect of the pills), his right hand gets injured, the doctor who treats him gets (accidentally) mind controlled (which also results in completely random sex...) and ultimately the doctor suggests to the mother that she must help her son with "stress relief" or else he may blackout again.
    And of course the mother agrees just like that and this is the starting point of her sexual relationship with the MC............... it can hardly get any more silly or unrealistic. I wish the devs had found a better way to get things going between the MC and Megan. It's not super terrible, but very clichéd.

Then there's the sister, Sarah, who has the hots for the MC (and vice versa) for some undisclosed reason. She's just lusting after the MC. No explanation provided. Well, other than her exceptional looks of course. Sarah is one of the prettiest characters in the game (any game really).

What follows is the - more or less - patented sex progression route.... so expect lots of handjobs, blowjobs (why are VNs SO obsessed with these things, it's so boring after the 3rd, 4th or 5th time.....), the usual drill, and of course some of the characters are super ok with doing everything BUT actual sex, this trope needs to be retired once and for all... only in chapter 7 the sister Sarah finally accepts her desires and goes all in.

Also, Shut Up And Dance more than one time makes generous use of "humorous" interruptions... either characters suddenly come home, or the door bell rings etc. It gets tiresome when you have seen this stupid plot device one too many times. I get it, developers aim to stretch content or else games would be much shorter overall, but please come up with new ideas to do that. The comedic sound effects that play when this happens don't make it any funnier. That being said, how these interruptions ultimately play out may also depend on how you shape each character's path, more about that later.

The story with Megan, the mother, is a bit different than Sarah's, here things escalate much more quickly and the MC and her will have sex pretty early in chapter 2... only for the mother to do a 180 turn and to stop all intimacies because she feels super guilty after the deed.
    Which is of course not entirely unrealistic... she will only come around again in chapter 8 on the love path.
    But it may be a somewhat unpleasant surprise for those who expect more action with Megan. Things will come to a screeching halt here for quite a while. I do like that aspect of her character arc though, it's actually a novel approach. Usually things are teased to the stretching point in other VNs, then the deed is done and all barriers are broken down. Here Megan feels serious guilt and thinks her intimate relation with the son is a huge mistake.
    Depending on which path you choose for Megan (more about that later) it can take quite a while (chapter 8, as mentioned) before she comes around again.

So what you get is basically this... super slow burn with Sarah... fast action with Megan... and when Megan reconsiders and gets her crisis of conscience things with Sarah heat up considerably. So there's always tension and some action. Things will never be boring. And of course there's Faith who will have several scenes with the MC.

The game has two chapters with outdated graphics, 5 and 6, everything else though looks quite refined, the render quality is great. You will have to tolerate the huge drop in quality in chapters 5 and 6, but it's not too terrible. So I encourage you not to stop after the remastered chapters and keep playing.
    Animations in the remastered chapters as well as chapters 7 and 8 are great. So on a technical level Shut Up And Dance absolutely excels.

But apart from somewhat silly character interactions the game has another huge issue. And that is unavoidable content and forced sex.

You can't avoid the friend of the mother, Faith. You will have sex with her, even if you don't want to. Nothing you can do about it. You only have a choice in sharing Faith with her son or keeping her for yourself. So at least sharing can be avoided.

You can't avoid sex with one of Sarah's friends, Jenny. I am not saying many would reject her (she is of course pretty), but the option should exist, even if only a minority would maybe reject her.

You can't avoid sex with the doctor very early in the game.

And of course you can't avoid either the mom or the sister either, but very, very few would want to do that, they are the main female characters, the core of the story and it would make absolutely no sense to avoid them. But if, for some reason, you may want to pursue super pretty scientist Emma exclusively for example... (which would mean zero action throughout the current build) you can't, at least as of now.

In other words: you cannot - at least as of now (chapter 8) choose any real paths. You will always have a sexual relationship with Megan, Sarah, Faith, Jenny, the doc and you will begin dating Carrie and do some stuff with her. And the MC is on the path of Emma who just filed for divorce from her husband because he is - of course - a cheating bastard. And I am pretty sure Ange is next on the list as well. And color me surprised if the Aunt won't be added as well eventually. Her husband is of the "never at home, because work" variety.

So if you want a game that allows you to pick and choose: Shut Up And Dance may annoy you a lot. You can't pick and choose at all. Several things are force fed to you.

There is also a completely pointless and unskippable fantasy lesbian scene. The MC dreams about his sister Sarah and Jenny after playing a naughty card game (Jenny and Sarah kiss). One reviewer here apparently believed this scene is real, it's made abundantly clear that it's not, it's a fantasy. So there's no reason to get upset about sharing Sarah. You won't.

Now it's generally assumed that all men want lesbian scenes between potential love interests and love that stuff... I don't think that's true. Not even remotely.
    Well, at least it's not real, but there should be an option to avoid these scenes altogether. I'd rather have no content than content I don't want to see.

You also can't avoid interacting with your cousin Ange... she's the stereotypical super tough girl with countless tattoos. Again, it's down to taste, I hate tattoos... but if you like them Ange is certainly very attractive. Via Ange the MC will get involved with a crime gang selling drugs... this too is unavoidable and meant to spice up the plot. The crime gang subplot is ok though and actually quite fun. Ange is also a fun character and interacting with her results in various good moments, not even talking about anything sexual here.

Character design in the game is mostly good, but Megan has a bad case of balloon breasts and exaggerated hips. She looks like something a horny teenager may draw in a sketchbook. Of course this is entirely down to taste, apparently quite a few people like these caricatures. I don't. But you may.
    Other characters look a bit more like real women and faces etc are all very well designed, everyone is more or less really attractive in this game. My personal favorite is Emma, followed very closely by Sarah... but Emma is a super slow burn character, so far there have been zero interactions with her, but there are early hints that this will soon change in future updates.

What I find so immensely disappointing are the forced relationship, no solo or at least pure mother/sister paths (as of now), lack of meaningful choices here and there and forced anal sex with the doctor (nothing you can do about it, it is - so far - avoidable with actual main love interests though!).

I have literally zero interest in Faith, her son Jake or anything involving them. And when Faith reveals that she once had a lesbian encounter with the mom (a tame lesbian kiss, but still) I fear the worst for upcoming episodes, I hope that at least this will be entirely avoidable. It's generally very disappointing when bi-curious tendencies are not entirely optional. Knock yourself out when you like that, but please, just make that entirely avoidable/skippable.

After complaining about a lack of choices for some length I do want to point out though that you can shape and affect how several relationships develop!
    For Megan there is a love and corruption path. I chose love, I am sentimental and romantic, and on the love path everything is, as expected, very wholesome. But there is also a corruption path, so your experience may vary depending on your choice. But I can't say anything about the corruption path, since it's nothing I would choose.
    With Faith you can decide if you want to mind control her early in the game. You can tell her son about the pills etc or keep it a secret. If you do mind control her Faith will be nude when alone at home with her son or the MC. You can also choose if you want to share Faith with her son.
    With Sarah you can try to ease her into anal sex, I didn't, I have zero interest in that, but if you are into that, you can do that.
    And Ange also has a few options regarding the mind control angle, the MC can reveal certain things to her or keep them secret.

Let's talk about the mind control angle here, it's not what you might expect! If you are heavily into mind control and corrupting people... Shut Up And Dance will probably disappoint you. I don't like mind control at all, at least when it's used to corrupt love interests, so this is a big positive for me, but be warned, if you expect to create mindless sex slaves here this is not necessarily the game for you.

And quite frankly... mind control is NOT needed since Megan is super hot for her son, Sarah is head over heels with the MC as well, Faith jumps on the MC's bones whether you like it or not, Jenny also pounces on him very enthusiastically, Ange seems to be quite fond of the MC as well.... so the mind control angle is mostly used on villains or to get out of certain delicate situations. The MC only (accidentally) mind controls the doctor and his mom very early, but then stops. And uses it once on the aunt to help out Ange (she wants her aunt to be less strict to her and to leave her be).

And that's another positive thing about Shut Up And Dance, the MC is not a nasty scumbag (at least on the love path with Megan etc), he's more or less nice, he wants to make at least his mom and Sarah really happy, he treats them really well (inviting them to dinner, treating them to a nice spa visit etc) and that aspect is actually pretty wholesome.
    Even Ange, whom you may think is a bad girl, only has actually pretty positive plans once she learns about the mind control, she wants to do good things, like dismantling the drug gang and generally helping people. So she's a wannabe superhero in disguise! That was a pleasant surprise and subversion since you may assume that Ange may be a selfish bitch who will use mind control for nefarious purposes, just based on her character design. She's nothing like that at all. I liked that a lot!

All in all Shut Up And Dance is somewhat of a mixed bag. It could have been really, really good... the renders, other than in the yet to be remastered episodes 5 and 6, are excellent, animations are great, the story, while pretty silly here and there, is at least fun, but the lack of proper character motivations for the mother and sister to jump on the MC, a complete lack of choices when it comes to who to romance and more or less pointless naughty card game scenes (mom and sis will kiss each other of course... as well as Jenny and Sarah... the usual, it's basically spin the bottle, just with cards) and unavoidable fantasy lesbian scenes really diminish the overall experience.
    And as mentioned, if you want to use mind control a lot on women in this game... you are out of luck. But for me that is actually a positive thing.

So what's left to say... if you are ok with all the downsides Shut Up And Dance can absolutely be fun, it most likely will be fun. Just be aware that you have little choice in several important matters. There are choices here and there, you can affect paths, but to have no say at all over who to romance is a major annoyance. So be aware of that.
    If that doesn't bother you... absolutely play the game. It's your usual shuffled combination of various VN tropes with pretty women. Including yoga, sunlotion and all the other stuff you certainly have never seen elsewhere before....
    But despite all that you can have a really good time with Shut Up And Dance. It's your wholesome version of a mind control game where the MC doesn't want to take advantage of loved ones. And that is, for me, one of its redeeming qualities.

Also, while I complained a lot about a lack of choices when it comes to the love interests, chances are pretty high you may like (almost) all of them. And if you do like all of them Shut Up And Dance can easily be a 4 star game, really good. Not super smart maybe, but super fun and with at least some original ideas like Megan's arc and Ange's character which is nothing like you'd suspect at first.

My advice: give the game a try. See if the lack of certain choices bothers you too much, if not... I am certain you will like this. I ended up liking most of it despite being somewhat annoyed by the lack of choices here and there. But a true 4 star or even 5 star game still needs more choices in my opinion.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Argrond

A really satisfying VN/game.

It just has all the right things in it - fairly interesing story, very high amount of pleasuring actions which start very soon without long boring dramas, visuals are of the high quality and attention to detail, standard familiar interface makes it easy to navigate.

Remaster made this game even better, those visuals are very good.

Good music/sound choice.

What I like in particular is something many creators do not feel like spend time on, but what's very important and appealing - lots, tons of teasing per minute of game, girls are laying it very thick on MC with their flirty-touchy approach, especially Sarah. Really good job here BG. )

Also, I like a very throughout job on facials, that's what I also do not see done well in most games. Hope this will be like this or better for the further content too.

So, for me, it has everything VN-like game should have. Yes, it has cliche story/setting, but this does not bother me at all, since it's properly cooked and served, so still really appealing.

5* from me, without any hesitation. ^_^
  4. 2.00 star(s)

hyperjack38

The story is kinda weird but still interesting and the renders and their quality are great. But the character proportions are kinda weird. Also the animations are kinda wonky and are not actually necessary. Would be better if there were just some stills from multiple angles in their place. Also there's a ton of useless dialogue. What can be said in 5 lines for some reason takes 50. Also while the overall story is interesting the relationship the MC has with Megan and Sarah is the same boring incest story you've heard a hundred times in a hundred different games.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

A good Joe

Story is a little weird at the moment but could be setting up for some future fun.

What sets this game apart for me is that this game has the best girls and animated scenes on this website. Amazing work from the dev so far on the remake and if the quality keeps up then this will really be in a class of its own for quality.

Just need the updates to come out a regular pace.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DeliteDouche

Definitely one of the best games out now. Top Tier animations and renders. Megan should be on everyone's Top MILF's List. That doesn't mean the rest of the cast aren't as beautiful and well proportioned.

BG deserves to be one of the Top Creators on Patreon!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

roctfore

I pretty like this game. Nice girls, great renders. But is it possible that more sex scenes will be made for other girls especially the blonde-hair doctor? And will any sex scenes that girls are completely mindless during the process be made? Just controlled for the beginning is not hot enough for me personally, if there are anyone who thinks the same as I do.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

MarinSalt

One of the best "family friendly" games around F95 - VERY impressive renders, great story and lots of content. Megan is probably the best MILF I have seen in any VN.

I always cannot wait for the next update!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Tomseng

At present, there are many girls who have appeared, including mother, sister, female doctor, and female neighbor. The current version has been updated many times, and the content is very rich. Not only the plots of the first base are all dynamic, but even the life scenes have many dynamics, and the effect is very good. Yes, there are 3P and other scenes I really like this game, especially the mother and sister are very beautiful, and the plot is also very good, I really love such a face and body, I recommend everyone to download and experience
  10. 2.00 star(s)

zeromike

I think average fits a game that is part slow burn but has silly lesbo scenes with characters who are on a slow path with the MC. The Mom/Sis scenes are especially dumb-apparently it takes a bunch of updates to move to sex with the Mc but if it's a girl it happens instantly because of a card game. The whole relationship angle falls apart when the girls can't be left alone with anyone because they start fooling around.

The mind control thing is pretty silly too. The art is pretty good at times but the clothing looks terrible on some of the characters like Megan with the clothing being just a mess.

I'd say the poor writing and the silly lesbo scenes are what really tanked the game for me. Some of the models are really nice like Sarah but the story and plots just ruin the whole thing.

edited after playing the latest version.

Tried it again during one of the many creative deserts which happen on F95 where only crap games are coming out and I thought it was worst than last time. The idea that the mom would have issues with doing things with her son is understandable but all those reservations go out the window with the daughter and the stupid card game is the reason. My god why Devs keep trying to make porn for idiots who should be watching porn is bizarre. This game just throws out the story to show F/F. It's become typical for games now to spend update after update trickling out content based on the understandable reservations of a parent with a son. Those same ideas get thrown out immediately when the mom/daughter get used to make shit-porn. I should rate this game as a 1 star but the art isn't bad but man that juvenile idiocy of mom/daughter relationship is worthy of a poor rating. I think the mom even fools around with the neighbor thanks to the card game too. Play it if you like porn because that is all it is.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

E_nigma

This is a good one. I played through the original run and loved it. Was a bit on the fence about seeing it remade while also developing the later chapters but the leap in quality is tremendous and further emphasizes what's great about this game.

Great renders, beautiful girls and solid writing. When you get to the action the animations are darn good with a keen eye for detail and great composition. Scenes with actual seduction and matching facial expressions with the dialogue to set the stage and make it worth reading the story and not just skipping through.

Easily recommended
  12. 5.00 star(s)

desmosome

[Ep.4.Ch1 Re]

Versioning might be a bit confusing. I believe the dev upgraded hardware and skills somewhere around end of Ep 6. From there, the dev started remastering the earlier chapters in between new episode updates. Remastering should almost be done and the current new episode is at 8.

How to describe this game... It is predominantly a typical incest story that revolves around the mom and sis. However, there is a pretty interesting plot in the background to make things a bit more exciting. This plot has mind control and corruption elements as a theme, but the game REALLY holds back on giving us the ability to utilize the MC's powers. Personally, it felt kinda like corruption blue balls lol. I just wanted to use these powers on everyone, but you can really only use it on the mom by accident so far. This would be my only complaint about this game, but it is a deliberate move by the dev and I can respect that. I would guess that there will be opportunities in the future to influence others, but the MC is still reluctant to abuse the powers at this point in the story.

The remastered visuals are very good. Mom's tits are kinda too big and causes boob sockets, but in general everything looks great. Every character has a functional wardrobe of sexy outfits that change every day. The animations are quite good as well.

The writing is serviceable. Well, it's quite good for what it is. We are not dealing with deep plots or multifaceted characters, and that doesn't seem like it was ever the intention. As far as the tropey and expected incest story is concerned, it's quite good. There are no issues with the English. Characters have fairly natural dialogue exchanges. And while the characters are rather one note, they never come off as overly shallow or act out of character. So yea, no complaints here.

The choices are coded pretty well. The dev takes care to not bloat the work load too much by converging various routes and alternate paths back into more manageable chunks. There are still routes available, but nothing too major. Still, there is a pretty good balance of allowing player agency and decreasing dev workload.

Finally, the thing that pushed by rating from a 4 to 5*. The sex scenes are great. It checks off all the boxes in my personal criteria for good sex scenes. Adequate length to fap. Many different positions. Good build up and circumstances leading to the sex. Sex dialogues and kinky talks to spice up the scenes. Great animations mixed with still shots. I can't really ask for anything more than this from a Renpy DAZ game. Most sex scenes are fairly vanilla, even in the corruption route, but it still got my rocks off so that is an accomplishment.

Overall, this is a great fap game that overlaps the typical incest plot on top of a promising mind control plot (that hasn't really paid off yet) and some mystery. It has pretty high production value and does most things competently.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2465880

I would have given this game 4 stars if it wasn't for the downgrade after episode 4. I was unaware they were remaking the game, and honestly I don't think it's worth it although It is a good game.

It's quite refreshing to play a bit more of an intimate game as you spend a lot of time courting and lewding it up with two people in an apartment. There is a level of intimacy to it all i like, just a guy sharing a flat with two girls. The story is also pretty good. I'm definetly aware of what's going on even for a player like me who is usually not very aware of what's going on as I like to skip to the good bits. I think that's usually a sign of a good game as the visuals and dialouge work well together.

Although I would have expected the qaulity to be better if the dev was going to all that effort to remake it.

I'm probably not going to finish it until it's all remade so I'm sure that will be a while and I'll definetly be playing something else by then.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

abrahammoshe

Graphic quality and animations are good.
    Action scenes are sufficient.
    Character designs are medium-level. Some-what realistic bodies, but beautiful faces.
    Story -line is weak unfortunately because of the 2 reasons; a. It is difficult to understand the consequences of your choices. b.Events not linked with each other in a reasonable way.
    Character relationships are also superficial.
    Game is mind-control based but almost do not allows you to control iy.

I appreciate the effort but not one of my favourites.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Rundmck

Mom and Sister both are very appealing. But sadly, the game gets very dull halfway through. Lack of variety in sex and unimaginative scenarios.
    Still worth playing and hopefully the devs turn the tide around. 3.5 stars.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

MrLauren

I just finished playing Shut up and Dance, and I need to say something. This game is insanely great, I loved the animations, the characters, the plot, everything, the developer(s) definitely did an amazing job. Thank you so much for creating this, It's at a whole new level of quality. I'm super excited and really looking forward to the next episodes.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

d4L

One of best incest game out there, if not the best.
    Such good models, good animation. story is okay, not the best, but also not the worst. This game has satisified me in many ways, a lot of things i like about it. And the dev keeps improving and improving each update. he puts a lot of detail into his animation and renders.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3709330

I will give you five stars Because you Have special animation that makes different for each characterand way of movement nice gameplay the story very interesting Mastering storytelling I hope it continues good job Dev (y) :WeSmart:
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Lanaya322

5 stars for the remake, excellent animations, good incest story, hot scenes (many to discover!), this game has it all. As good as it gets in this genre. Mom sending softs to son to jerk off to was a pretty hot idea. 5 stars.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Jdmricky21

Beyond perfection, the visuals in this game are astounding! And, I haven't even played the recent update yet! Just thought I'd share my experience playing this incredible game. The models in this game are gorgeous, and the renders are equally impressive. I definitely recommend adding this to your list of favorites, if you're a fan of the genre.

The gameplay is smooth and well-paced, of course I didn't really keep track of my grinding, because I was too into the game. Like, there's not too many games where I've become completely immersed in the role of the MC, and Shut Up and Dance is one of them. The Dev obviously knows what he's doing, and his work is truly amazing.