WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
It is first time i'm getting warning about viruses in RENPy games. So i am pretty sure it is true.
I have gotten the same warning that there is trojan virus
I have now checked both the Mac and PC downloads (ours from the Patreon links) w/ Virustotal and they come up clean.

And knowing the kind folks here on f85 I doubt anyone would offer up files from unidentified sources.

So please check again, maybe also use virustotal.com.

I know that the latest Ren'Py versions tend to trigger false positives.

Mr Tempo

Feb 2, 2019
I have now checked both the Mac and PC downloads (ours from the Patreon links) w/ Virustotal and they come up clean.

And knowing the kind folks here on f85 I doubt anyone would offer up files from unidentified sources.

So please check again, maybe also use virustotal.com.

I know that the latest Ren'Py versions tend to trigger false positives.
I am also aware of the trigger. Apparently it still happened from my end as well. So, instead of executing the EXE from the root/main folder of the game, I chose the EXE from <main folder>/lib/windows-i686/ShutUpAndDanceEP5_Special.exe

Reactions: luisar018

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
Alright am I going fucking crazy or did I miss something. My game went from the Mc's mom giving him a handjob on the couch to sleeping in bed with Faith an talking about a party I have no clue about.

User #19006

Apr 29, 2017
Alright am I going fucking crazy or did I miss something. My game went from the Mc's mom giving him a handjob on the couch to sleeping in bed with Faith an talking about a party I have no clue about.
It s a bug i guess I expirienced also funny behavior when trying to load an old Save like the game try to Start but the Screen were squashed and pictures and text were out of sync-

Restarted the game and no problem runs like a charm just i have to start over again but no problem is a great game and it s fun
Edit : Traceback says The usual could not load ......bla bla

Last edited:

leon02457

Dec 3, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of Shut Up and Dance EP5 Special_1.0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Thank you so so much,

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
It s a bug i guess I expirienced also funny behavior when trying to load an old Save like the game try to Start but the Screen were squashed and pictures and text were out of sync-

Restarted the game and no problem runs like a charm just i have to start over again but no problem is a great game and it s fun
Edit : Traceback says The usual could not load ......bla bla
ok, I'll just start over then thanks

Boring Games

Shut Up and Dance
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2018
its a "special special" version..

i guess its twice as special as a special version. wich is special for a special version to be that special special.

i m waiting for the "special special special" releaase... that would be special :p
Actually I have no idea why it's written this way as well:LOL:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: luisar018 and WaltS

jpostel

Jul 4, 2017
so, virus in compressed version. yes/no?
No trojan or virus. There are random false positives with renpy game exe files (whatever the game name is).

For example:

That one shows 1 engine out of 71 thinks its bad. Virustotal is highly recommended by security experts because it compares the results of a lots of AV engines against a single file.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
My family surname i believe hails originally from North Germany and Dutch area and i speak Afrikaans too...

Not sure about it - isn't Dutch a variant of that northern German accent that sounds somewhat like Afrikaans? :D

Just joking SCNR MrKnobb

My stay in Soesterberg was quite some time ago but I vividly remember the Dutch guys and gals and the ppl from northern Germany sounding awfully similar. Nothing at all like the few words of German I'd managed to pick up over the years...

4.10 star(s) 128 Votes