VN - Ren'Py - Shy Girl [v0.86] [ShyGirlArt]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Turd Fergusson

The game started out alright, but the last 5-6 updates har been about a dude forcing himselfe in on the family, unavoidablke scenes with other douchebags and little else..........Not recomenden in the current state.
    I'm going to give it a two star cause it started out ok, had I played it now in the current state for the first time it would have been a one star.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Wikifeet69

Random political ranting in Patreon posts - Check
    Terrible English - Check
    Plagiarism - Check

This game is average at it's absolute best if one can ignore the atrocious usage of the english lexicon, further mired by the creators inability to separate his problems from his work, of which they also have a known history of indefinitely borrowing without asking.

It's not the worst game in terms of overall production value, but it is bland, generic and uninspired. To describe how mundane this game is would be like if somebody were trying to draw a snake from just a secondhand description alone, without ever encountering or seeing one for themselves. All the qualities that a snake should posses are there and there is a clear outline of what it is supposed to be but to anybody who knows what a snake actually looks like, it just comes off as derpy noodle with googly eyes.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

socksguy

Great game, wish there were more just like this. This lines up almost perfectly with my kinks, though I do wish there was some foot worship and more socks/stockings left on during sex. Perhaps some BDSM themes. A few more choices also would not go amiss.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Spinxas

The game started strong and loved the art and different routes you can take, but as I kept progressing through the game, even though the content and h-scenes started to progress, the story and plot was lacking and felt not unique anymore as it was in the beginning, a lot of logical mistakes as well.
    Hope the developer will regain creativity and polish the dialogs and the story again, as it seems the game is going downhill slowly and feels very rushed.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Rustynutone

This game had potential but so many things were done poorly. The English was so bad and could have used someone editing it. Also If you're trying to do a lesbian route the game still pushes you to have scenes with guys instead of giving the option to say no. Especially with the Jon character, he's just so constantly pushed on you even if you've told him that he's just your friend. Another thing I wish this game did better was the attitude of the MC. If you're choosing the more slutty options I wish she would at least slow down on the whole "I'm shy and this is wrong" thoughts. Other game have it better where the character actually gets more comfortable the more she does and doesn't hesitate as much.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Yngling

Review v0.52:

This game reminds me of Good Girl Gone Bad, but where that game goes to vastly different routes, this game seems to be more focussed. The MC stays in school, does not get into crime etc.

She (the player) does have quite a lot of in choice of relationships that she wants to pursue (or not). Some things happen (or not) because of past choices. It is not always completely clear but I think it's well done.

As a consequence, there is a fair number of fetishes already in the game. I suppose that NTR (in this case meaning, you can cuckold your boyfriend) is the most powerful one. So far, there is no incest tag, nor in the planned genres, however the dialogues seem to hint towards it, so maybe it will be added in the future.

The writing and dialogues are pretty good in my opinion. In the cuckold path, it seems a bit over the top but I guess it's part of the fetish.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Renders seem to be made with Koikatsu. Generally I don't really like that because characters seem too much alike. However this was quite well done, also with enough variety between the various characters. Koikatsu does have problems portraying black characters and that shows in the game. Anyway, I think the dev uses it because of the many different paths, which would take a lot of rendering if it were made with Daz.

All in all, I recommend the game, especially for people who like a lot of freedom in their games. 4/5.

Update 0.75:
    Well, unfortunately a lot of the freedom that the game had, is gone. It's still a pretty good corruption / NTR game, but unfortunately the player is being railroaded towards the corruption. I have to detract a point for that, so it's now 3/5. Still worth playing if you like the corruption theme, but that's about it.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

NRFB

To be honest, I wouldn't normally rate games because I think the numeric rating system on this site is largely pointless without a shared rubric or criteria for what that number actually means. Keep that mind, along with the fact that I'm still taking the time to write this anyway.

I'm not giving this 1 star because it is clearly "inspired" by much better games and doesn't seem to have any real ideas of its own.
    I'm not giving this 1 star because the writing has no understanding of subtext and all the characters feel like shallow, depthless dolls that always make their (very few) thoughts and motivations known immediately, whether through dialogue or the narration randomly switching to dictate those thoughts.
    I'm not giving this 1 star because the author (by their own admission) doesn't know English and that it is extremely obvious from the (poor) way the text is written.

All of those above things are true, but there are still worse games that I'm content to let do their own thing without reviewing or remarking on. The reason for this review is simply because I think it is a responsibility of any community to condemn plagiarism whenever it is found.

The author has now been caught multiple times stealing text and dialogue from other adult work to make up content in their game. There is likely no actual recourse for this (who would you even report it to?), so even if leaving a bad review is a bit impotent, I feel some responsibility to do SOMETHING to highlight that this type of action SHOULD be rejected.

Though honestly most people probably don't care.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

JillNadin

This game is really wonderful and deserves a much higher score in my opinion. The branching paths have a lot of variety, with the protagonist's past choices influencing what happens even within the same scene. For example, if you choose to sleep with a character (all hookups are optional) the scene you get will depend on her behavior scores. This really boosts the replayability because you can get different scenes even when following the same path. Not many games do that.

I also really like the art style and most of the characters. Some of the writing could be better (it's apparent English isnt their first language) but it didn't detract from my enjoyment.

I really hope they get more support.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

kylemorre

This is just not good. There are no animations, just img's that shift between phases. The story is meh, the sex content is boring and there is a stupid patereon logo that prevents you from using your keyboard to select choices.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Geralt From Rivia

This developer completely copies dialogues and scenes from another developer - EvaKiss and her games Good Girl Gone Bad and Our Red String. I can still understand if he copied the genre of her games it's not bad thing working in the same genre. But it's just...copy and paste. Fraud developer takes money for someone else's work.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

nerfthenebelwerfer

Story sucks imho, I hate cucking and swinging it's all just a corny fairytale. When your gf is fkn someone else you are 99.9% certified to be john snow about it, I guess all these games with such crap swinging/cucking stories are made by ppl who never had a gf.

I don't know, maybe for others its great and perfect but I can't relate to this story and I've lost my interest in finishing this game somewhere in the middle, when this bf starts to be a cuck and when Leyna says that she have an open relationshit too. It's like no fun, you take a price out from the contest, when you are allowed to fk someone else then your partner most likely don't give a damn about you and then it's not so bad to do it, and when it's not so bad then its also not so fun, comprende?

I want games with gfs getting hammered by trains of dicks without theirs guys even suspecting anything, this is how I saw it many times in real life and this is how I like it.

Except the emotionally challenged NTR variant, everything is really good.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Minarin

My playtime in this game is about 3 hours, and reading around to other reviews, it seems there are a LOT of paths, so I may be missing stuff, but here's how I feel about the game so far;

It's OK.

Visually, the game is nice. It has a unique art style with the renders (its not Daz or Honey Select or super traditional 2d drawing), and the animations are decent and sprinkled throughout the game. Sure, detail is a bit low and some poses are really awkward, but some poses like the photoshoots are really good and the outfits are good for the most part. 3.5/5 on the visuals.

Story wise, the game is cruddy. The plotlines are pretty simple and predictable, the writing reeks of poor localization/translation, and while I'm sure there are many paths; maybe that's the problem? So many paths that the ones I've played through have really rushed feeling writing? The writing will not do anything to make you feel aroused, this is a lot of "the writing describes in the most basic sense what is going on in the scene". It's serviceable, at best. 2/5 on the writing.

The sound is uh.. fine? VNs dont usually have great sound anyways. The fact it has any music or sound effects is nice, but they're misused sometimes (the night club scene where Leyna hangs up the phone with her boyfriend has the dial tone stretch on for literally dozens of text blocks past the hang up point, making the tone just annoying and awkward). Though again, VNs like... hardly do sound anyways so... 3.5/5 for effort I guess.

Potential-wise... I think this has some potential. Whoever is doing the visuals has shown they can make some damn sexy poses with some good animations. The scenarios are hot. I like the premise. Right now the writing brings it way down, but with a huge rewrite by a native English editor could push this up in a big way.

Overall, 3/5. Most who play it will enjoy it. This won't make anyone's "fav games" list, but it's a nice game to play a couple paths in to enjoy the visuals before the writing makes you go "blegh".
  13. 4.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for this Game are:

Pros:
    + Nice Renders
    + Lots of Paths
    + Nice Story

Cons:
    - too many Paths

Conclusion:
    The Cartoons like renders are nice and different, I like the love story type game with its characters pretty much, sometimes I got lost and started over because I thought I would miss something, It would be nice to get a gallery to know what I have missed, otherwise you will never know if you missed any other hot scenes.
    Lots of routes here, interracial, lesbian, cuck & Ntr just to name a few, maybe one day even family fun?.

All in all a nice Game.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

EdgeOfShadow

I don't know what's up with this game, MC looks good, art is fine, story is fine, everything is good or fine at the least, but for some reason it's not satisfying, the only reason i might think of is that i've played two games of similar type that are a whole class better in basically everything, but that shouldn't be the case.

Objectively I would rate it 4/5, but subjectively it's 3/5 for me.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Zunderstorm

It overcomed my expectatives. Loved the characters despite some decisions doesn't make sense to me. Although it has room to improve I want to see where this end. Can't wait to see a new actualization. Hope some bugs in the skip mode can be solved and wish there were a proper walkthrought so I can see how to unlock all scenarios.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

aletheperv

The art is not the best asset but its good. the female protagonist is sexy af i totally love her, most of the choices if not all, make sense for the story and the character development. all the paths are good and worth playing them. Totally worth playing it and donating for the continuation of the game. V 0.49
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Dimajio333

I like this game...I didn't follow the game from the beginning and not aware how big are updates and how fast they are comming, but v.0485 version is really interesting for me. The art is great, the story is classic and I think, that fans of this genre could be happy with the result! Good work, dev!
  18. 4.00 star(s)

lordrango

v0.46

It is very similar to games like Good Girl Gone Bad, but lagging quite a bit in quality.
    Mind you, GGGB is a very high quality VN and it is not easy at all to achieve similar quality. Do not take this as meaning that Shy Girl is bad. It is quite a good game, but the idea is very similar so a comparison really had to be made, and the very fact that it can be compared with GGGB is a praise in itself.

The writing is good, and characters are interesting. Sex scenes are well written and quite enjoyable.

If I pick a flaw or two, I would say the art style is a big one. It's not that it is bad, it can work, but not in this game. The game tries to be realistic and grounded for the most part, so the "children cartoon" art style is really giving conflicting vibes and makes it hard to enjoy the experience completely.

Art 3/5 (not the quality itself, but how it conflict with narrative)
    Story 5/5
    Sex scenes 4/5

Total 4/5 for me.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

krantos

Version 0.46

Ran through content a couple times, trying to see the different paths.

Honestly, I've two minds on the game.

On the one hand, I do like the number choices and the different routes. Some people have claimed its just Good Girl Gone Bad, the remake, but its not. There are some key differences that I think open a lot of possibilities for divergent content.

AND the development is moving pretty quick, surprisingly. Quite a bit had been added in a relatively short amount of time.

On the OTHER hand, though....

Well, first is the dialogue. Good god. Get an editor. Your game is not wordy, it would take all of an hour for someone to go through and rewrite the English to actually make sense. You can always see what they WANT to say, but it's so broken and disjointed its almost painful. One of the worst translations I've come across.

Secondly, and this is kind of a preference thing, but the guys have seriously small dicks. I mean, I'm glad they're not huge like most games, but come on. The main character is something akin to a J-Cup, its ok for the guys to have slightly exaggerated dicks.

Overall, the game has promise, and I like the variability already exists, but the writing really needs an editor.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

iSkaz

First of all, I like how fast this project is developing. The developer releases frequent small updates, but this makes it clear that we are not being used as cash cows. Unlike some other projects that are rarely updated and not much content.
    I would also like to note the visual style. Not bad drawing, especially considering the speed of adding new scenes. It's kind of like Good Girl Goes Bad, but in a more cartoonish style.
    Otherwise, this is a pretty classic NTR cuckold story, the plot is not yet sufficiently revealed to draw conclusions about it.