VN - Ren'Py - Shy Girl [v0.86] [ShyGirlArt]

1. 2.00 star(s)

sadfuck

Version Played: 0.44
    Time Played: About 2 hours (about half that time trying to find other routes)

As a corruption fan, every time this one pops up on Latest Updates my curiosity is piqued, in spite of it being in Koikatsu and clearly early in development. Since I've had some free time, I finally decided to DL it. While, at this stage, the game doesn't do anything decidedly new in the corruption genre, it does seem like the devs want to create multiple paths focusing on how the different men react to MC Mary's (subtle naming there) decisions.

Positives
    + Decent amount of choices and characters at this stage
    + No endless teasing with a solid amount of sexual content

Negatives
    - English is very poor and a major immersion-breaker
    - Some routes can be hard to discover (even with the walkthrough mod)

I really can't stress how poor the English is. While it's always inteligible, it is extremely unnatural and puts a damper on the entire experience. Since the devs are using Koikatsu - an engine already lacking in detail and refinement - the writing really needs to be there to help push things along. As it stands, I might download future versions on a lark, but with the amount of content available in this very subgenre, this is currently a hard sell.

Note to devs: Please try to find an English native speaker to help with proofreading.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

EPrometheus

Version [0.43]

Interesting... The chart is different from most, for me it was not a problem, for you maybe it is, the game sins a little in character development, choices reveal different faces of the story, for example: You can only get on the route of her friend if you have not been involved with any of the other guys, besides revealing or omitting parts of the story or background of the protagonist ... Anyway, you can get better, but it's not all bad.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

diego68usa

I was pleasantly surprised by this game. Its enjoyable to play. Yes the language could be better translated and not sure if i would call the girl "shy" as the pace seems very fast for someone whom is shy. lots of possibilities here for the story to progress (mom obviously cheating and boyfriend way passive)... dad progression? who knows but good game so far. v/r Diego
  4. 4.00 star(s)

YuriiH

Version 0.3 gets 4 stars in advance. Current state is 2.5 stars.
    Version 0.485 gets certain 4 stars with a potential to get 5 if the development continues.
    Version 0.84 still gets 4 stars, despite having plenty of content.
    Apart from Engrish, the game seems to be a simplified version of GGGB.
    This is not bad at all -- mainly because copied ideas of a good game are hard to spoil.
    However, as of right now, there is not much content in v 0.3 -- only a few days and relationship scenes. The good thing is that you are NOT forced into any relationship.
    There has been pretty much content since 0.485. Different encounters, different people. The relationships are rather straighforward, and may seem pretty boring, but it's more the matter of preference.
    The main issue why the game doesn't deserve 5 stars is that the main character is forced with new content, and she automatically agrees to it, regardless of her stats or relations.
    There are even such story-inconsistent events when the main character having great loving relationship with her boyfriend/girlfriend, is basically raped by acquaintances and even loves it as if she has never 'loved' her boyfriend. Or fucking herself with a 5inch-diameter dildo when she's satisfied with her boyfriend's size.

Luckily, sometimes you are given an option to select "No" when the content advances into a hot phase, but it's only sometimes.

Also, no visual lesbian content -- it is only implied, and may probably appear in future versions.
    Lesbian path is finally implemented in 0.485
    On the other hand, this is not a good 'lesbian path' when the main character automatically agrees on male strangers' sexual advances. Or there is no further development or drama scene when a lesbian girlfriend evidently cheats on the main character.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Jawanaut

I like it. Sure, I'm biased cause I like female protagonist corruption games. This is nice. Even if it's always the same general premise and the only thing different is the art style. I enjoy that. You get to see different artist's take on a tried and true genre. And one of my favorite by far. Eagerly awaiting next update!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

lukaskyt

good start. Not much to see so far yet (no actually sex scenes in this build), but it seems to be one of the best game there in the future. I like the art of the game too. Hope some NTR wil be in this game too. I wish luck to the developers and cant wait for new updates.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

lordofevilcr

Awful translation. "I don't like to false and I feel when others do.". With a good amount imagination you can probably guess it's supposed to be something like "I don't like to lie and I can feel when others do lie.". There are plenty of weird phrases further in the game, and it really makes the game less enjoyable to play.

The game seems to go very fast. For a game that focuses on a "shy" girl, you can already fully watch your parents have sex or think about dumping your boyfriend to have sex with other guys within the first bit of the game.

I did like the character design, so it's a shame it's had such a rough start.

For a laugh, try clicking the Patreon link within the game.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.