NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
I personally don't like the new Kana hair but oh well
Yes, this is all what people tells you, and they don't pray tell why so the human being that made this game could fix whatever issue there is. Later on gets pissed off and rates the game 1*.

So...? Why?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dunner

adsta

Jul 2, 2021
Yes, this is all what people tells you, and they don't pray tell why so the human being that made this game could fix whatever issue there is. Later on gets pissed off and rates the game 1*.

So...? Why?
I'm not to sure about why I like the old hair more but for Kana maybe the new one looks more mature when she is seen as less mature in personality as well as just not quite liking the look as much. For Alice I like the old one more as well but that is due to seeing that same hair on a male in another vn so I think of a male when I see it.

It's all personal preference so some will like new some will like old. I will personally like Sicae (and mbml) regardless of changes like this but I can see some people being mad.
At the end of the day it's your story and up to you what the characters look like and I understand that you can't cater to my taste specifically but some people won't see it that way.

Reactions: NiiChan

NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
I'm not to sure about why I like the old hair more but for Kana maybe the new one looks more mature when she is seen as less mature in personality as well as just not quite liking the look as much. For Alice I like the old one more as well but that is due to seeing that same hair on a male in another vn so I think of a male when I see it.

It's all personal preference so some will like new some will like old. I will personally like Sicae (and mbml) regardless of changes like this but I can see some people being mad.
At the end of the day it's your story and up to you what the characters look like and I understand that you can't cater to my taste specifically but some people won't see it that way.
Nah, I'm open to these kinds of things especially designs, just that people don't elaborate further. Thanks for sharing your view.

Reactions: Dunner
Feb 21, 2023

So...? Why?
Gonna throw in my two cents cause why not.
I kind of associate the "acting" of the character in my headcanon with their looks a lot, so changing looks always comes at a detriment to that headcanon (and lots of people go REEEE at that, but you probably knew that).
What makes this change particularly "difficult" for me to get used to is that I personally associate the new hairstyle with a different character in terms of behavior.
Sure, how the dialogue is written can compensate for that, but with Alice I don't have that issue at all. Maybe because how much face is shown and the portion shown does not change much for her, but for Kana it does :unsure:
Also: Sudden surprise :4Head: :KEK:

It makes Kana's face look strangely unfamiliar despite nothing else changing compared to the other "After" image.

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017

So...? Why?
I know this isn't what happened here but I just saw a video about something similar regarding WT and this reminded me about the fact that there's always going to be a minority of GAMERS who always end up complaining about how the DEVs should:
- "Just fix the game"
- Refuses to elaborate further
- Leaves
Giga Refuses to elaborate.jpg

And the cycle repeats whenever they're frustrated about something :LUL:
"Why wont Valve just fix the game?" - Random Commenter Nr.25

• Haha

NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
Gonna throw in my two cents cause why not.
I kind of associate the "acting" of the character in my headcanon with their looks a lot, so changing looks always comes at a detriment to that headcanon (and lots of people go REEEE at that, but you probably knew that).
What makes this change particularly "difficult" for me to get used to is that I personally associate the new hairstyle with a different character in terms of behavior.
Sure, how the dialogue is written can compensate for that, but with Alice I don't have that issue at all. Maybe because how much face is shown and the portion shown does not change much for her, but for Kana it does :unsure:
Also: Sudden surprise :4Head: :KEK:

It makes Kana's face look strangely unfamiliar despite nothing else changing compared to the other "After" image.
Now this is what I want. An explanation of their view in a calm and clear manner. It's not that your opinion will absolutely change the dev's mind or change the tides of the game or story; it's about letting the dev know what you think. Because in this simple explanation, I've learned something, and with the bit of knowledge I just gained, I will think about things before doing it next time.

On top of that, I can also learn how other people think. A good explanation goes a long way for me.

Last edited:

Deyn21

Jun 17, 2018
Wtf, how is this still alive after million of years?

I guess dev was busy with . That's why I hate when devs make more one game at the same time. Pff.

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
NiiChan was plotting something nefarious for SICAE while working on MBIML. So watch out it's about to get very,very dark and gruesome. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

M. Giganteus

Apr 11, 2023
Ah... the mc ring thing is a my bad. A rendering error. :HideThePain:
Glad you liked the new looks. There were honestly some poeple who disliked Kana's new alternate hairstyle.
Ty for the explanation.
I really don't understand how you can dislike that hairstyle on such a petite (small & cute) girl/women.
paul-washer-preaching.gif

• Haha

adsta

Jul 2, 2021
Wtf, how is this still alive after million of years?

I guess dev was busy with . That's why I hate when devs make more one game at the same time. Pff.
Mbml is much more popular than Sicae so updates are 3:1 at the moment.

adsta

Jul 2, 2021
For anyone interested on some of the development process Nii has been doing streams in the discord while making maps. Pretty interesting to see how much small things can change the feel of the scene imo.

4.60 star(s) 18 Votes