Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
But the most important thing for the continued development of a game is that the devs are happy and motivated. And if working on two games helps with that I'm all for it; even if the games are being done slower as a result.
Don't get me wrong. You're absolutely right about this. It's the devs decision. Sure, I for myself hate it when a dev works on several projects on the same time but I respect it 100%.
Of course there are pitfalls as well, but Niichan has handled it well so far in my opinion.
Of course. I would never say otherwise. As a consumer, I think it's just a disadvantage when you're working on two projects at the same time, as it delays the development times in both projects and there's always a chance that you'll completely neglect one project in the long run. You've just seen it too many times. As said, at the moment I can't complain at all about NiiChan's work. It's only my experience that makes me generally skeptical about working on two projects at the same time. This skepticism has nothing to do with NiiChan.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Don't get me wrong. You're absolutely right about this. It's the devs decision. Sure, I for myself hate it when a dev works on several projects on the same time but I respect it 100%.
Of course. I would never say otherwise. As a consumer, I think it's just a disadvantage when you're working on two projects at the same time, as it delays the development times in both projects and there's always a chance that you'll completely neglect one project in the long run. You've just seen it too many times. As said, at the moment I can't complain at all about NiiChan's work. It's only my experience that makes me generally skeptical about working on two projects at the same time. This skepticism has nothing to do with NiiChan.
As I see it, many of these games take a really long time to develop, spanning several years (MBML was first released in January 2021) and doing the same thing for so long can be very mentally draining. Some devs use a side project to alleviate that, others watch Netflix, hanging out with friends & family or doing some other hobby. So a dev having a side project may be a good thing. I know BlackWebGames uses Mother Lover's Society and Sexcraft that way while having Dog Days of Summer as the main project. Of course it can lead to the main game being neglected as well, but that is true for Netflix etc. as well.

That said, having two equal main projects on one dev is not likely to end well. But if I've understood correctly Niichan treats MBML as the main and Sicae as side project until MBML is done.

Reactions: Tremonia

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
But if I've understood correctly Niichan treats MBML as the main and Sicae as side project until MBML is done.
That's what he said. If I remember correctly he also said he likes Sicae more but MBIML has the bigger crowd so he develop this project more.

Reactions: bacienvu88

ShadowLordV1

Aug 18, 2022
That's what he said. If I remember correctly he also said he likes Sicae more but MBIML has the bigger crowd so he develop this project more.
Still suprised this forum doesnt have more threads, for such a big name that Niichan is you would expect a lot more traction

NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
Really well made! Thank you!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ellyx

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of Sicae Episode 5 with the official walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the ports and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link:

Kayz_Shield

Nov 28, 2022
Sooo, this game is related with MBIML? In what sense and why the mc is named Kei too? I just downloaded, i should play this one first or the other?

Reactions: georsak

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Sooo, this game is related with MBIML? In what sense and why the mc is named Kei too? I just downloaded, i should play this one first or the other?
Sicae is a prequel to MBIML, for at least 2 years prior (the protagonists of both projects share the same name but not their surnames) and some characters of Sicae have made brief appearances in the other game. But others such as Jess have had more screen time
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Personally I began first with MBIML (before the game's last update), then Sicae. But if you wish to stick to chronological events, imo then start with Sicae first. On the other hand, some people have noted some events in MBIML have been quite emotional, so keep a set of tissues at hand should the waterworks be opened. And enjoy both games while you're at it. :giggle:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
How is this game and My Bully is My Lover connected?
Because Sicae is a prequel to MBIML, some characters have made cameos/been mentioned in between, Jess the boss of the protagonist in MBIML has quite the role in both projects (but she's romanceable only in Sicae)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Ellyx
Feb 21, 2023
This game has the same vibe as My Real Desire to me.
That may have to do with the same engine being used as well as the use of popular character cards and environmental assets. The quality of the writing and character backgrounds are quite far apart in favour of Sicae though. Just my opinion of course.
They should have a tag of horror.
Is there really any horror though? Sure bit of thrill and ninja setting requires lots of dark night scenes for the correct flavour of it all, but I never felt like a scene tried to be spooky or something like that. Which scenes would you label this with?

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
That may have to do with the same engine being used as well as the use of popular character cards and environmental assets. The quality of the writing and character backgrounds are quite far apart in favour of Sicae though. Just my opinion of course.

Is there really any horror though? Sure bit of thrill and ninja setting requires lots of dark night scenes for the correct flavour of it all, but I never felt like a scene tried to be spooky or something like that. Which scenes would you label this with?
You really don't feel all the killing or when the girl kills the MC's dad and holds his head and hums isn't considered as horror? All the killing and everything freaked me out so much that I had to stop playing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MagnusTempestus6
Feb 21, 2023
You really don't feel all the killing or when the girl kills the MC's dad and holds his head and hums isn't considered as horror? All the killing and everything freaked me out so much that I had to stop playing.
Hm, maybe I consume far too much horrorstuff elsewhere. Just thought that while it's kind of psychological it didn't affect me as much as you describe the experience for yourself. But good point actually, that is probably how many people would see it. I just personally saw it as not so well set up and too predictable.
Oh, and perhaps you wanna use spoiler tags for that :p Just out of kindness to strangers^^

Reactions: rash69
4.60 star(s) 16 Votes