Ren'Py Simple Beginnings [Ep. 6 v1.6.1 BETA] [Barbiecued]

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
Your definition of "exhibitionism" doesn't cover sexual acts in semi-public places?
For me, exhibitionism is more about the excitement of being exposed, and about turning heads. Soft-sex, if consensual ofc, including some groping, can be part of it indeed. It's more the lesbian aspect that you mentioned that makes it not my thing. But exhibitionism, for me, is more about finding myself admired, and should have a degree of subtlety and mildness. Hence I really enjoyed my time when I modelled at an art academy. I trust that I delivered quite some young men - and probably women too - some restless nights every now and then.

Things like going commando, or working as a waitress naked, orlive in a town where I'm the only one who is allowed and demanded to never wear clothes, or naked urban photoshoots, or being challenged to show off in public, or wear only tattooos or bodypaint. Such things are really among my fetishes.

In fact, I'm still hoping to find a game some time where I'm something like a Magical Girl with invisible armor. There is one dev here who makes such games, but unfortunately he loves extremely sized boobs, while I myself like petites more, less milfy.

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
just a heads up, the gofile downloads folder are missing :)

anyways, any update on how far away "we" are from episode 6 release?

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
ep6 behindthecurtain.png

Hey peops!

Episode 6 - Behind The Curtain is now out on Patreon.

It took a while to finish this episode. Most of it was unrelated to the project and private matters, but there was also a lot of lack of motivation and procrastination. I spent a lot of time going back and forth on this episode, second, third, fourth guessing myself. Sometimes you have to trust your instinct, even if the small voices in your head is saying what you're doing is sh*t.

I've added some new music and ambience to the library and I will adjust them for the full release of season 1. Some of the music added to this episode is temporary and will be replaced.

Most of the episode wasn't rendered before I started working on it, so there was a lot to do there, but luckily I'm working with a new computer I bought back in spring specifically for rendering purposes. I think you'll notice a slight difference in quality from the beginning of the episode to the mid and later parts.

From Episode 6 and onward to season 2 we will be following a few important characters in Simple Beginnings, but the main character is the one still making the choices. It just feels better to tell the story from several perspectives and it's easier to write a more complex story this way, using these side-characters for exposition and world-building.

Right now I'm looking into changing splash art, music, interface and coding minigames for scenes throughout season 1. If you're a talented artist looking for some exposure or just willing to add to my little passion project, give me a holler here or on Patreon. Right now I can't offer much, but I'll do my best to try and compensate you for whatever time you're willing to spare.

That's it for now, I'm taking a few evenings off before I start polishing season 1. By that I mean, tinkering with voice acting, replacing all ambience, music, and adding a few scenes that felt lacking in terms of rendered images. I hope you like this episode and this season overall.

Bye, bye for now!

PS: I will add some content to the straight path in season 1, I'm just not sure where it'll fit in at the moment. Most of this path was planned for expanding in season 2, but now I'm not sure.

Last edited:

mandudeman

May 28, 2021
Keep It Up.

Solid Gold Work so far.

Do not give into the temptations either of "Reworks" because that will destroy this great piece you are weaving.

I Myself really like the overall plot and mood and even how Great the Renders are.

Can't wait for the Next Chapter either!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Barbiecued

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
I've already finished the chapter and simply "WOW OMG", great chapter, without going into spoilers it was too good, it was totally worth the wait, now I'll need some time to process everything that happened, because it's too much, too many things and emotions to process, I haven't been this excited in a long time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Barbiecued

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
lmao, poor Jenny, everyone surrounding her is incredibly shitty, with only Emma and her family (at the moment) being her only support. And maybe the bike glowy sword girl.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Birdnman993

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Simple Beginnings [Ep. 6 v1.6.0 BETA] [Barbiecued]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Really liked chapter 6, but I don't think the game needs a rework, or mini-games added. It's the worldbuilding and characters I want more of. Hit a couple of bugs, and there were spelling mistakes and some grammar issues scattered around, but a rework sounds bigger than just smoothing a few rough edges.

Haven't made a straight/bi playthrough, so don't know if there was anything significant for those routes. But I'm not interested in them for this game at all. Emma wins easily.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
5 hours and all you get is a random girl masturbating in the bathroom. Don't get me wrong. Dev is actually writing a decent VN here, but you need to spin some sex into this story soon. I mean you literally killed off the MC of this portion when she was a fucking virgin...I wanted to watch Emma corrupt her ffs....

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes