HTML Abandoned SINclair's Bar [v0.51a] [Voidheart]

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I tried the last online version from tfgames.site and, since you've updated the op here, I'll share my thoughts.

The new bars for energy and dominance/submissiveness are more clear, the background is well chosen and the new character font is original and fit more the game. The left part is better organized too. And the name of the third slave is introduced.

Since the only expense is the rent, it's too easy to gain money (I have 40 000$ on week 3...).

We can still continue to increase Jake's affection but what for? And the affection's bar has been removed if that stat had any usefulness.

There's a problem with John's energy bar. It never decreases though you can only use 5 energies like it's supposed to be. So it's just a display issue.
The errors I signaled last time are still there (cf files).
Master Jake appear while training John on the sub Jake route (cf files).
I know everything about Cody is just a placeholder but, if you choose "Spend time with Cody", you're switched back on master Jake route (cf files). "Spend some time with John" more than once lead to the same.

Good continuation.

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Howdy. After a long pause due to some major life changes I finally have fresh ideas again. Sorry for taking a break from my projects. A mixture of burnout and life happened. Since this is a hobby mainly for me it just couldn’t be a priority.

I don’t wanna promise a huge update for my first go back in the ring, but I have ideas I thought I would share.

I have ideas for two new masters. I would love to see a loving gym bro and a dominant older daddy. I really think this would help diversify body types within the game and I’m excited about it. Jake’s “twinky” route will still be there. There will also be some crossover so if you chose the gym bro route you won’t be locked into only gym bros.

I also have ideas for more locations around town, but it will be some time before these are fleshed out.

the third slave is still halfway done from before my hiatus so that may be on the horizon for all paths.

I would love to diversify the content already in the game by adding more random events, but the more I add the more there is to flesh out. So it will take some time as well.

I’m just now writing out fresh ideas so no update or ETA yet. Just wanted to share some thoughts and let you know all is not lost.

Deleted member 2666402

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Howdy. After a long pause due to some major life changes I finally have fresh ideas again. Sorry for taking a break from my projects. A mixture of burnout and life happened. Since this is a hobby mainly for me it just couldn’t be a priority.

I don’t wanna promise a huge update for my first go back in the ring, but I have ideas I thought I would share.

I have ideas for two new masters. I would love to see a loving gym bro and a dominant older daddy. I really think this would help diversify body types within the game and I’m excited about it. Jake’s “twinky” route will still be there. There will also be some crossover so if you chose the gym bro route you won’t be locked into only gym bros.

I also have ideas for more locations around town, but it will be some time before these are fleshed out.

the third slave is still halfway done from before my hiatus so that may be on the horizon for all paths.

I would love to diversify the content already in the game by adding more random events, but the more I add the more there is to flesh out. So it will take some time as well.

I’m just now writing out fresh ideas so no update or ETA yet. Just wanted to share some thoughts and let you know all is not lost.
This is amazing news!!! Happy that you are back and developing AND what great options: gym bro and older daddy. WOOF!

Reactions: Rafster

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Update for the Week: I've officially started work again. This week I have done the following:

1. Added a new introduction to the game.
2. Added a new scene in which you can choose a new muscle-bound alpha to replace Master Jake.
3. Started work on rewriting scenes for our new dom
4. Removed and replaced the "Tend the bar" and "Spend time with NAME" interactions
  • Content that was previously used for these interactions will be turned into "random events" which can trigger when you sleep.
The first update back will focus on our muscle dom and cleaning up odds and ins. Future updates will include a new daddy dom who you will meet this update, as well as Cody. Cody will be a new verse member of the bar. Super excited to be back and inspired again. I hope people will enjoy more diversity in not only the attitude of the doms we are adding but the body types as well. Hopefully, this will help SINclair's sin of being more twink-focused after a few updates.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Personally love twink body since for some reason most gay games are heavily focused on dudes that look like they work out 24 hrs a day.
I'm personally not into twinks since they are most of the time so skinny that they look too young. But I understand the lack of variety of body types in gay games in general. You forgot the overflowing furry body type (and they are so furry that we don't know anymore if they work out or they have too much fur).
In that sense, the 2 versions of Young Marcus have done a good job at the diversity level.

And thanks Guy Media for the news about this game. I'm also interested in what you guys have panned for Doom of Sindel as well. And the new games seem also promIsing.

Good continuation.

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Weekly progress update:

The coding for the next two game updates is 90% done. Not much news to show off unfortunately since it’s mainly been a coding week. The good news is I have to edit the writing of a few old passages and make a few new ones and the next update is good to go. I don’t wanna overpromise since this is a hobby for my free time and I’m short on free time these days. I think it should be ready very soon though.

I can tease a little bit of the new Dom. I wanted him to have a different dynamic. It’s still a kinky Dom / Sub relationship but I wanted him to come off as softer outside of the bedroom in certain ways. If you thought Jake was an ass (you’re not wrong) you’ll have an alternative.

Last edited:

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Hello.

I'm personally not into twinks since they are most of the time so skinny that they look too young. But I understand the lack of variety of body types in gay games in general. You forgot the overflowing furry body type (and they are so furry that we don't know anymore if they work out or they have too much fur).
In that sense, the 2 versions of Young Marcus have done a good job at the diversity level.

And thanks Guy Media for the news about this game. I'm also interested in what you guys have panned for Doom of Sindel as well. And the new games seem also promIsing.

Good continuation.
Hi Oliz,

Thank you for sticking around. It’s awesome to see there is still some enthusiasm for the projects after a hiatus. While I am back, I’m not picking up all our old projects right away. At the moment, we have plans for Doom of Sindel, but plans are about it to be transparent. It’s a much more complicated game to work on, so I didn’t wanna wade into it on my first time back. By comparison Sinclair’s is much more simple from a coding aspect.

I would love to do a soft reboot of DoS with different art which would allow us to access more platforms, as well as heavy handed touch ups and expansions to existing content before moving into new areas, but to be quite frank I just don’t have the time / labor capacity for that right now. So it’s probably going to be a bit longer.

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Weekly progress update: Nothing new to report this week. A few more scenes have been edited to fit the new dom, but this has mostly been a week off. It’s mainly down to images now which isn’t my favorite part. I’m going to try to force myself to have one long session in which I finish up images. Then I’ll move on to testing. I like to have consistency between characters and that presents issues when you need images of specific situations or images in bulk. So characters which are not fully implemented are subject to change.

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Weekly update: a few bugs were found during testing that I have not been able to resolve as of yet. That and GIFs are all that remains.

the overall roadmap for the game at this point is to put out 4-5 subs and three potential doms and then write “endings” for the routes. Once this is done I can write scenes and flesh out interactions on occasion, or an expansion into a new bar in the future.

I will most likely be taking an extended break once the endings are written. I’ll work on fleshing it out at my own pace. I appreciate the support, but at this point my writing partner has decided to leave our other projects and I no longer have the support to code projects. So I think at the moment finishing Sinclair’s will be the last project I take on.

Last edited:

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Sorry for the lack of weekly updates. COVID temporarily had me down. It’s down to the GIFs then the next update will be ready. For context, the plans I have now would basically double the total GIFs in the game. That’s a huge number and it’s no secret that creating GIFs isn’t my favorite part of putting out content, so I’m not pushing myself to do it while I’m sick and get burned out. I appreciate the patience.

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Update on the status of the game: Still slowly progressing on GIFs in my own time. After coming back from a break I was extremally excited to write again, but I realized GIFs are something that doesn't bring me any sort of joy, as a mater of fact it brings the opposite. As a hobbyist, I can't force myself to do something I don't enjoy for extended periods. I don't want to leave a project unfished however, so if anyone is interested in producing GIFs I might be interested in teaming up. Until then I'll plug away slowly.

If we chose to take up future projects we won't use GIFs again. I would love to use an art style like Paradise Heights, but that would require a patreon to produce art. Writing, drawing, and programming twine would be too much. We're not really interested in that avenue. For this reason, finishing Sinclair's might be our last project.

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Hello. Long time no see. I wanted to provide an update on the status of this project. As you may have guessed, this project is officially abandoned. There is a major update ready to release. I'm deciding what to do with it. I no longer feel comfortable driving traffic to the project for the reasons listed below. If I chose to release the update it will be the last.

Why?

My Co-author wasn't finding joy in writing and chose to quit. This is a hobby and I wish them all the best. I have the utmost respect for that choice. I tried to continue without them, but two things have made me uncomfortable moving forward:

1.) I no longer feel comfortable using GIFs.

2.) My friend and mentor in the LGBTQ NSFW games space was doxxed. I think it has become clear that privacy can no longer be protected on the internet and I can't continue to work on this as a hobby if it puts my livelihood in jeopardy. Not only that but without my co-author and my friend, the resources needed to continue are just not there. I have no one to bounce ideas for code or story off of.

Thank you for your support, and my apologies if there is someone disappointed. I'm disappointed as well. I have spent time practicing writing and I have been reading so many authors. I feel that I have so many stories left to tell and they could be so much better, but at the end of the day, I can't justify risking my job for a non-paying hobby. Perhaps someday I will have the opportunity to come back and tell those stories, but for now, I have to close this chapter.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

From my point of view, this game was giving me the vibes of a finished product. So I'm not that much sad.

If the real problem is the art, you can still make a text based game. There are already some HTML games like this and, if the writing is good, it works fine.

After seeing what happened to Unruly, I can only understand your choice, though I'll miss you guys. Take care.

Good continuation.

Last edited:

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hello. Long time no see. I wanted to provide an update on the status of this project. As you may have guessed, this project is officially abandoned. There is a major update ready to release. I'm deciding what to do with it. I no longer feel comfortable driving traffic to the project for the reasons listed below. If I chose to release the update it will be the last.

Why?

My Co-author wasn't finding joy in writing and chose to quit. This is a hobby and I wish them all the best. I have the utmost respect for that choice. I tried to continue without them, but two things have made me uncomfortable moving forward:

1.) I no longer feel comfortable using GIFs.

2.) My friend and mentor in the LGBTQ NSFW games space was doxxed. I think it has become clear that privacy can no longer be protected on the internet and I can't continue to work on this as a hobby if it puts my livelihood in jeopardy. Not only that but without my co-author and my friend, the resources needed to continue are just not there. I have no one to bounce ideas for code or story off of.

Thank you for your support, and my apologies if there is someone disappointed. I'm disappointed as well. I have spent time practicing writing and I have been reading so many authors. I feel that I have so many stories left to tell and they could be so much better, but at the end of the day, I can't justify risking my job for a non-paying hobby. Perhaps someday I will have the opportunity to come back and tell those stories, but for now, I have to close this chapter.
Sad news, but good luck on whatever you choices are.
I actually find AI generated arts are becoming a more and more serviceable source.

But the Doxing is really an alarming issue. I think Unruly also suffers from it?
Maybe you can share some insight or advice to how to avoid being Doxxed for other creators?
I'm not a dev so it's easy for me to not put private information on the internet, but for dev's I think many are not aware what're safe practices, while others will compromise your privacy / safety.

Rubby

Oct 19, 2021
Does anyone know if there was something going on with this? I checked TFGA this morning ant it said that there was an update today, but the "Play Now" button didn't work. I just checked again now, and I can't find it at all listed on TFGA site.