Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Serious question: does the MC not wear pants? Every time he looks down, all I see are bare legs, and when he gets ready in the morning he's wearing nothing but briefs, but already has sneakers on.

Last edited:

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
He has it listed in planned. As someone said he is pushing one of the girls toward another guy. Not my cup of tea when I see Harem also listed in the planned so once again tags that do not mix are thrown in. We can only hope the dev rethinks this or well we have seen already by just the thought of it what will happen to even more players walking away. Since people seeing harem will not want any other men getting with the girls so swinging is not a wanted genre for a harem player.
"
Planned Genre:
Anal Sex, Ahegao, BDSM, Blackmail, Cheating, Corruption, Creampie, Exhibitionism, Female domination, Footjob, Futa/Trans, Harem, Lactation, Lesbian, Male Domination, Masturbation, Multiple Penetration, Pregnancy, Sex Toys, Spanking, Stripping, Swinging, Virgin, Voyeurism "
These tags are all ok except the swinging. It would just he wasted possible content for me. Have absolutely no desire for it in any VN I have played. Won't start now... Well I take it back. Blackmail is also one I find annoying most of the time.

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
Why is Scarlett's skin grey? Is she sick? A gargoyle? Or the grey hulk? Scarlett's a funny name for someone with grey skin.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
He has it listed in planned. As someone said he is pushing one of the girls toward another guy. Not my cup of tea when I see Harem also listed in the planned so once again tags that do not mix are thrown in. We can only hope the dev rethinks this or well we have seen already by just the thought of it what will happen to even more players walking away. Since people seeing harem will not want any other men getting with the girls so swinging is not a wanted genre for a harem player.
"
Planned Genre:
Anal Sex, Ahegao, BDSM, Blackmail, Cheating, Corruption, Creampie, Exhibitionism, Female domination, Footjob, Futa/Trans, Harem, Lactation, Lesbian, Male Domination, Masturbation, Multiple Penetration, Pregnancy, Sex Toys, Spanking, Stripping, Swinging, Virgin, Voyeurism "
Harem and Swing... not a very good combination now is it there goes one mistake.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Thanks for your feedback.

Bogman Hi to you too. :)

Jsd16 serveredrealms harsha_26 Theo88

I should probably divide genres into two categories - Main and secondary (as not important to the main story and avoidable).

Sharing = A minor part of the game + AVOIDABLE
Swinging = It's more of a scene in one of the future episodes, maybe should leave it out of the genre list. Also AVOIDABLE.

The mainline for the first episodes is harem (with some mini sideline stories that will be there if players want to play them), in the long run, you won't be able to "get all the girls" as the story will affect the relationships with each of them (ok you can if you replay and choose differently).

Am still learning to code in renpy so the progress is

EPISODE 1 = no player choices
EPISODE 2 = some, little effect on the gameplay
EPISODE 3 = choices do have an affect - completely different content (on the side, minor parts of the game)
FUTURE episodes = your choices affect the outcome of the game (branching that affects the main story).

I am learning how to communicate as I go (my first game), hope I will do better in the future. :)
Capture.PNG
When you avoid your missing out content which most players don't like such as myself.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
How do we change MC name with console? I went out for a bit and I think my cat opened like 100 instances of the game. Had to force restart computer. Now my MC doesn't have a name.

Skip doesn't seem to work. There is no skip unseen either. Why remove basic renpy features, honestly? Removed quick menu so no auto mode either. But of course, there is still auto forward time in the options. This is becoming one of my biggest pet peeves.

Edit: Alright, just mashed spacebar to get back to where I was and finished the game.

I will give my thoughts. Hopefully, you can take it as constructive criticism.

The biggest issue is that the game doesn't live up to it's namesake one bit. There is a certain expectation going into a game that was supposedly based on Sin City. You'd expect some noir type of storytelling. More focus on the intrigue. Mystery. Crime. Violence. Following clues. You'd expect the characters to show some mystery and depth.

The start is such a slog and it's extremely boring and contrived. You just meet some girls and get to know them via cliche intro conversations. There is no urgency at all. The dark side of the city and the mystery of father's death should be at the forefront of the plot. Instead, we just chat with girls and give them massages and what not. Finding the box with the symbol and pondering the MILF's motives was good. Things of this nature should be the focus of the plot. The girls could be incorporated into this main plot. Right now, it's the other way. The girls seemingly have nothing to do with any of this, and we just go from girl to girl and sometimes find time to search for clues.

The ending to 0.2 was again pretty good. It's obviously too early to get a clear picture, but a mistake many devs make with stories of this nature is to create characters that have nothing to do with the main plot. Everyone should be tied to the main plot in some way, so that by getting to know them, and uncovering their story, we also advance the main plot. Going with the standard meet the girls phase just because it's an intro/prologue is a simplistic take on storytelling.

Basically, people going into this expecting Sin City will be disappointed. The tone, atmosphere, interactions, etc. It mostly just plays like a typical dating sim with almost no hint of noir. I'm sure the dev has plans to get things rolling in terms of the plot, but the first 10-20 minutes of any VN is really important in capturing the player's interest and setting the tone.

Other than that, the writing lacks any flair, but the dev is obviously not a native English speaker. At least the grammar is mostly ok. I was rather bored by all the conversations though. It was too stiff and too routine.

Last edited:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Hmm... why does the MC not go down on these women? Like seriously, he get's what, 2 blowjobs in this update (well, maybe one and half) and yet he has two different women he could have pleasured orally, and nope. What the fuck? Go down on these women damn it, they deserve it.

McSweeney

Jun 2, 2017
So, I changed MC's name, and just 1 time it changed the chatbox name, but then it switched back to Jack, but the characters still refer to the MC by the changed name... Is this the intended way for it to work because he's undercover? I find it annoying.

EDIT: so second day it switched back to the name I chose....

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Doesn't seem that good to me so far, for example;

MC, for some reason, needs to go to a library to research an inverted pentagram circumscribed by a circle when the internet exists.

Screenshot_2.png

Its like the first or second result on google.

Screenshot_3.png

Plus pretty much anyone should recognize it as the basic-bitch of satanic symbols.
Its so common and generic that there is no way it could reasonably be expected to yield any clue as to a killer's identity.

You meet Nancy for about 5 minutes tops, which means she knows nothing about you and the next day she sends you directly to the bedroom where her daughter is sleeping, pretty strange.
Then she's like "Oh hey, James is a loser, could you get him some friends and some girls?", bitch I only just moved in yesterday and you don't know me I could be a drug dealer for all you know.
Also we have nothing in common and if there are girls to be had I'll be the one having them and I'm not into sharing so ...

Then for some reason MC is suddenly interested in going to university, despite the whole point of being there is to find the killers, seems counter-productive given how much time going to Uni would waste.

Aside from that, it seems pretty obvious that Scarlet is the woman who came in after killer.

Screenshot_1.png

Like when she tried to become MC's guardian immediately after MC's father was killed despite MC having not seen her since he was 5yo? ...
Plus the whole "Oh I just found this box, no idea where it came from, maybe I completely forgot about your father giving it to me for some unknown reason ... plus did you look at all the stuff inside, I'm sure you'll find the thing we were looking for when we killed your father, with these handy clues.".

I can't really be bothered with more examples, that should do for now.

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018

I should probably divide genres into two categories - Main and secondary (as not important to the main story and avoidable).

Swinging = It's more of a scene in one of the future episodes, maybe should leave it out of the genre list. Also AVOIDABLE.

The mainline for the first episodes is harem (with some mini sideline stories that will be there if players want to play them), in the long run, you won't be able to "get all the girls" as the story will affect the relationships with each of them (ok you can if you replay and choose differently).

EPISODE 3 = choices do have an affect - completely different content (on the side, minor parts of the game)
FUTURE episodes = your choices affect the outcome of the game (branching that affects the main story).

I am learning how to communicate as I go (my first game), hope I will do better in the future. :)
The word of the day is avoidable. The more the player himself is allowed to decide what he wants to include in the game, the better the game will be. If dev just puts a skip button and shit happens in the background anyway, then it’s the same as dev showing the player a middle finger and shouting slander.

Jsd16

May 18, 2020

I don't know man if sharing / swinging is so minor and will be just a scene in one of the future episode , why you have to go for so much trouble adding that one scene to the game and making it avoidable and having swinging tag in the game and scaring away potential romance / harem supporters to this game , just to add few supporters who like swinging . Harem / romance players ( such as myself ) tend to avoid the game that has swinging / sharing tags in the game . I didn't see swinging tag in the top of forum when I downloaded this game and when I was playing I noticed MC pushing James to have romantic relations with Nancy and after I finished playing I saw those planned swinging tag . I wouldn't have played this game if I had known swinging is planned . I will wait to see if swinging is avoidable not skippable in the future updates before playing this game again .

Last edited:

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018

MC, for some reason, needs to go to a library to research an inverted pentagram circumscribed by a circle when the internet exists.

View attachment 1293403

View attachment 1293406

Plus pretty much anyone should recognize it as the basic-bitch of satanic symbols.
Its so common and generic that there is no way it could reasonably be expected to yield any clue as to a killer's identity.

You meet Nancy for about 5 minutes tops, which means she knows nothing about you and the next day she sends you directly to the bedroom where her daughter is sleeping, pretty strange.
Then she's like "Oh hey, James is a loser, could you get him some friends and some girls?", bitch I only just moved in yesterday and you don't know me I could be a drug dealer for all you know.
Also we have nothing in common and if there are girls to be had I'll be the one having them and I'm not into sharing so ...

Then for some reason MC is suddenly interested in going to university, despite the whole point of being there is to find the killers, seems counter-productive given how much time going to Uni would waste.

Aside from that, it seems pretty obvious that Scarlet is the woman who came in after killer.

View attachment 1293400

Like when she tried to become MC's guardian immediately after MC's father was killed despite MC having not seen her since he was 5yo? ...
Plus the whole "Oh I just found this box, no idea where it came from, maybe I completely forgot about your father giving it to me for some unknown reason ... plus did you look at all the stuff inside, I'm sure you'll find the thing we were looking for when we killed your father, with these handy clues.".

I can't really be bothered with more examples, that should do for now.
I fully agree that the idea is interesting for the plot, but unfortunately the writing leaves a lot to be desired.
Too many illogical and often incoherent threads or dialogues or even MC's own thoughts.

Firstly, if MC since his father's death wanted to find those who killed him, he should have prepared himself somehow for this role, even by getting in good physical shape and learning how to fight, because he knew he would have to face dangerous people, but he didn't seem to care about this even though he had 5 years to do it because in the scene in the cafe, after he helped the waitress with some asshole, he says that he has to take care of his physical shape.

Secondly, the situation with the box and Scarlet, you have the option to choose that it's suspicious and you shouldn't trust her, but if I chose that option, then moments later the MC in the bedroom says that no, Scarlet is definitely not involved and that it's impossible that she could be involved and you have to trust her.
So you can see right away that even our choices in the game don't matter and are sometimes completely illogical if you choose that it's suspicious but then suddenly you say to yourself that it is worth trusting her after all.

To sum up, the game according to me has potential, but dev should work on its aspects in such a way that the plot has a much better consistency and that our choices are then at least logical and related to what we have chosen.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018

View attachment 1293403

View attachment 1293406

You have to remember that when making VNs, assets cost money. Perhaps he couldn't find a unique symbol and was forced to use this one. Sometimes you have suspend reality, not take things so literal. Just a suggestion though...

And yes, some of your other points are valid, but I just wanted to point out the symbol thing may be a matter of convenience and availability as opposed to a choice.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
You have to remember that when making VNs, assets cost money. Perhaps he couldn't find a unique symbol and was forced to use this one. Sometimes you have suspend reality, not take things so literal. Just a suggestion though...
Normally I'd agree, which is why I didn't mention any of the other technical problems with textures or the way the background in the windows changes from render to render .etc
I didn't mention how the MC seems to always take off or put on his pants while still wearing his shoes and so on.

But I would expect that an image of a symbol, which is just a texture/graphic overlay [doesn't need diffuse layers, bump mapping .etc .etc], that is absolutely core to the entire plot so far would be custom made to fit the narrative.

or at least pick something not so obvious and well known.

Don't forget that these symbols can be applied after rendering, during post production too since in this instance they aren't being shown often, just in very specific scenes, so spending a little time in photoshop or whatever your software of choice is to insert a custom symbol is viable.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I don't know man if sharing / swinging is so minor and will be just a scene in one of the future episode , why you have to go for so much trouble adding that one scene to the game and making it avoidable and having swinging tag in the game and scaring away potential romance / harem supporters to this game , just to add few supporters who like swinging . Harem / romance players ( such as myself ) tend to avoid the game that has swinging / sharing tags in the game . I didn't see swinging tag in the top of forum when I downloaded this game and when I was playing I noticed MC pushing James to have romantic relations with Nancy and after I finished playing I saw those planned swinging tag . I wouldn't have played this game if I had known swinging is planned . I will wait to see if swinging is avoidable not skippable in the future updates before playing this game again .
Well, I am one of those who have not played nor will play until a more detailed, is it a totally avoidable path, or just skippable?

There are 5 tags on this site that when I see in a game, I have to read all the comments and ask the DEV the plans about it. NTR, Sharing, swing, rape, and prostitution. Those 5 tags are always a red flag for any game. When they are totally avoidable, without losses for the game(like, if I avoid the swing, I will not have content with girl X) I can play, but when they are skippable, that happens more the player choose not to watch the scene, but then is mentioned and has future consequences in the story, I simply create my own avoid, avoid the game.

But well, I hope the DEV understands what they are pronouncing and that all the sharing content and anything around that is avoidable, without significant loss to history and content with the LI.

Good luck DEV BoomX, what I said above is just my personal tastes, do not want to sound like I'm imposing you do your game to please me. It's more of an idea like the other guys talked about, making things totally avoidable can give you a wider audience, For example, I don't like sharing, but if it's totally avoidable like I talked about above, I can still play your game without damage done. But this is all as I said, make it optional, but as long as it does not interfere with the story you have to tell if somehow this sharing is essential for your story to happen the way you initially imagined, make it inevitable. Are you going to lose players? go. But you're going to keep your story original, and you have to do it the way you like it. And the first person who has to be happy with your game is you.

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes