Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Single Again CH.1 v1.19 Gallery Mod [1.5.1] [hds666]

Sotona

Oct 29, 2020
Is there a way to change MC names with the mod or would I have to go through each line and change them?

Sotona

Oct 29, 2020
I don't understand.

If there is a bug, please tell me more, I'll fix it right away
What I mean is that when viewing the replay it has the default MC names instead of the ones I changed them to and I was wondering if that was intentional on your end?

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
What I mean is that when viewing the replay it has the default MC names instead of the ones I changed them to and I was wondering if that was intentional on your end?
No that's an oversight on my part, it was not intended. I'll get on it right away. Thanks for the feedback

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I am not a Patreon so, I can't update until the new version is released on F95.

Anyway, this next update will probably be my last. If any one of you wants to take over the mod, it will be my pleasure to explain it to you (if needed)
It's here now. :)

And thanks for the previous versions in any case, they're appreciated.

(I don't think I'm good enough with RenPy to tackle something like your mod, though. There are far more knowledgeable people about that, one of whom I hope may volunteer.)

danvo2004

Apr 24, 2020

Overview:
This mod add a Gallery menu to the main screen​

Updated: 2020-01-05
Created: 2021-12-03
Game/Creator: Single Again / Clever name games - -
Modder: Azk66
Mod Version: 1.4.1
Game Version: CH.1 v1.18
Language: English
Other Mods: List of mods

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: - -
could you pls update mod for v1.19? cheers

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
I am not a Patreon so, I can't update until the new version is released on F95.

Anyway, this next update will probably be my last. If any one of you wants to take over the mod, it will be my pleasure to explain it to you (if needed)
Thank you for your work and the offer to teach a new modder now that you are dropping it.
i will wait for the next version of you mod gallery :)
READ the post quoted at the top of this post (it came from 2 posts before your request
could you pls update mod for v1.19? cheers
READ the post quoted at the top of this post (it came from 3 posts before your request

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Thank you for your work and the offer to teach a new modder now that you are dropping it.

READ the post quoted at the top of this post (it came from 2 posts before your request

READ the post quoted at the top of this post (it came from 3 posts before your request
He did say "will probably be" not "will be", so there is hope. At the very least, he may provide info regarding whether he's aware of someone new taking up the mantle.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Thanks circuitarity
It is the very least indeed Son of Durin .

One person DM'ed me about it and I posted a step by step of what I usually do to update the Gallery. I don't know if he will pick up the mod yet. I hope the step by step was clear enough, it was harder than I thought to explain it :cry: I fear I did a lousy job on that

In any case, I will try to find the time to update the mod one last time. But I have a lot of things to do, and not that much time right now.

I won't mind if you ping me from time to time to remind me if I don't give news (as long as it's not spam ^^) And don't worry I won't miss your message, the thread is watched and will stay that way

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Could you copy your tutorial here or, if this is a problem, in DM?
It's no problem at all. But reading it again, I can see how it seems complicated.

--- START ---

What I'm doing to update the mod is this

Set up :
  1. Open Visual Studio Code
  2. Open the mod folder
  3. Open the files gallery.rpy and gallery_scene.rpy
  4. Open a second Visual Studio Code
  5. Open the folder with the game on it
  6. Open the last update script file (in this case script 1.19.rpy
  7. Open with Windows Explorer the latest update render folder game/images/1.19/ containing all last update renders
Next, I will use the first scene of 1.19 as example:
  1. Open the first image in Windows Photo default app and hit the right arrow to go through the renders
  2. When I find a render that seems to be a sex scene worth putting in the gallery, I copy the name of the file. In this case it's render 304z.jpg so I copy 304z
  3. I search that number in the script 1.19.rpy[ file with Visual Studio Code.
  4. Now you can see the moment the render is displayed, with the various text said by the characters around. On a script each line is usually a render display/hidden or a dialogue from the characters (sometimes there is if statement to change the scene using previous choices, and menus)
  5. I find which sentence I want to be the first thing in the replay, in that case I will choose line 726 of the file, Meiko saying "I want you to...". I start my selection the first render above that phrase, line 725.
  6. I read the file until the sentence I want the last OR until the end of the label, in this case it will be the end of the label, line 896 included.
    1. When there is multiple scene due to choices, the dev usually comment the choices and the label (here you can see # finger and # blowjob Everything after a # is a comment in RenPy
    2. A label starts like that : label start139g:
    3. Usually at the end of the label, there is a jump start139g so the game knows that after this jump which label to go to. Sometimes there is multiple jump with if statement depending on previous choices
  7. I copy all the line, from 725 to 896 included
  8. Go to the gallery_scene.rpy in the other Visual Studio code (the one with the mod files)
  9. Create a new label for the scene at the bottom, here I will create label fairy_meiko_001:
  10. Paste the bloc on the line blow the label (don't hesitate to see how it's done with the one above)
  11. Add these two line at the start of the label (above the code you just paste) :
    1. scene bg blackscreen
    2. pause
  12. Since there is a choice, the dev usually put a label for each scene then a final label. You can find it easily because he has the comment # Cont. For this scene it is line 1496. If found it by following the jump
    1. The scene you copied ended with two jumps : jump start139j and jump start139g
    2. To follow the just you copy one of the label and follow it by searching it (search is Ctrl+F key)
    3. Searching start139j leads you to the label named like that. At the end of that label, you have a jump start139k that leads you to label start139k: # Cont which means it's the label where all the different scenes will leads to.
  13. At the start of the label you created, you add this $ overrides_labels(["start139k"]).
    1. This is saying that if anywhere in the game, there is a jump start139k, it will be overriden to jump to start139k_o instead
  14. Under that label, you create another label that needs to be the exact same name as the one you want for you end and add _o at the end of its name. Here it will be label start139k_o:
  15. in this you undo the override and close the replay. Here are the lines :
    1. $ restore_overrides_safe(["start139k"], "start139k")
    2. scene bg blackscreen with fade
    3. $ renpy.end_replay()
  16. Last thing to do : add a menu to choose which scene you want in the gallery
  17. Adding the menu under the rest of the line you added at the start of the label looks like that :

1678530122293.png

The picks you have to add so that the if statements can lead you to the right scene like in the next image

1678530254278.png

Once this is done, you can add it to the gallery by adding this to gallery.rpy

gallery_list.add_replay(ReplayObject("fairy_meiko_001", "images/1.19/305e.jpg", tags=[], characters=[MEIKO], isNew=True))

This says add to the gallery the label fairy_meiko_001,
with the image images/1.19/305e.jpg as preview (choose the one you like the most for the scene),
tags should remain empty,
in characters you put the character in the scene (separated by comma if there is multiple, all the character are defined line 10 of this file)
isNew=True makes the New label appear on the image (usually I removed all the isNew from the previous update before starting)

--- END ---

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
In the example I am using Visual Studio Code as code editing tool, it support RenPy language and add a useful syntaxic coloration

Reactions: simple_human

hds666

Feb 6, 2020
I looked at the instructions and I got to add the sample scene (the images with the menu didn't load and I got a bit lost - shitty internet). I can add the remaining 3 scenes from what I saw in my playthrough (need to check the code to see if there is anything else) in a day or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: simple_human