Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Ok, so dev said that update will be released this month. There are only 10 days left. Did he give any more precise date?

homiKnom

Jan 2, 2021
Finally played this game again after I first tried it on its early versions and I completely fell in love. I mean the story and characters are so enjoyable and the girls are lovely on every single scene. Definitly would be of my fav games ever, but... but then their faces changed... now I just don't feel like living anymore

Jun 19, 2021
So question on fap nation there was an update for this came out on the 13th but when i go on here its 1.16 that came out on 6-15, they both start the spot my question is the one on fap nation fake and this one real or vise versa? also if this the real one can i change the saves from the 0.13 version to this one or do i have to restart which i dont mind??

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
So question on fap nation there was an update for this came out on the 13th but when i go on here its 1.16 that came out on 6-15, they both start the spot my question is the one on fap nation fake and this one real or vise versa? also if this the real one can i change the saves from the 0.13 version to this one or do i have to restart which i dont mind??
I can't speak for the one on Fap, I haven't dl'd from there. I can say that the version here is the one that gets leaked from the Dev's sources (ie: it is the "real one").
As for the saves being compatible....no idea. I personally wouldn't trust that there won't be issues since they are not from the same source, but it might be fine. I would do a feesh play, but I also don't mind replaying this one.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
For me she was unredeemable since the whole "he was molesting my daughters" speech during the divorce. I mean who does such a thing?
I could have gotten past that, at least in a game. I tend to be more forgiving in games/stories, than in rl :)
The judge didn't buy it for a second, it could actually help Frank in the long run if anything leaks about what is currently going on ("Oh look; Shannon is lying again!") and Shannon dropped it the second she realized it. Definitely not the worst thing someone has done/said in one of these games.

When Frank had confronted Becca about her breakup with her boyfriend, hadn't he said, in essence, that he was sorry because he perceived her boyfriend to be very sympathetic?
He did, but I also thought that he mentioned never having actually meet him. I'll have to pay attention the next time I do a full play and check. Even if Frank had meet him though, Becca could have easily gotten a friend or library regular to make the call for her.

I wouldn't even be surprised or anything if Becca's plans against Shannon were due to her saying "I don't want your mistakes running around my house". As I write this I have to say, Shannon's parents weren't even different in this. They didn't want Shannon's mistakes running around their house either and sent Shannon off to her aunt's house. Shannon has no siblings that we know of and accordingly no one to whom she could have shipped her daughters off if it had happened. That being said, I think Frank, passive as he may be, would have definitely intervened and not allowed that to happen and if he had to drive across Canada to get her back, Frank is not one to abandon one of his daughters, adopted or step-.
Agreed. Even Shannon realized that screwing with any of the kids would have crossed a line with Frank. I think that is why they got off as easy as they did (considering what we know Shannon is capable of).

1. Shannon and Jess were once closer, possibly friends for a time
100% this. No one hates someone that much, especially a mutual hatred, without them having been close in the past.

2a. We know little about their parents. Possibly one of Jessica's parents had an affair with one of Shannon's parents, which shattered Shannon's parents' marriage while Jessica's parents may have gotten back together.
It's a possibility, but I'm not sure. What little we saw of that animosity seemed to be far more personal, than something related to the parents.
I wonder if they were originally bff's, Shannon was interested in the ex that spread the original rumors about Jess, and he went after Jess instead (who obviously returned the interest).

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Shannon's bio actually only says that Shannon and Jessica knew each other since first grade and that to say they hated each other would be an understatement.

So all we know is that:
1. they have known each other since first grade.
2. they hated each other. However, since it is not explicitly stated that they directly hated each other, it can be assumed that it must have happened sometime between first grade and Jessica's first boyfriend that they hated each other.

While Shannon is a very petty person who would never admit a mistake, I think that what happened between the two of them must have been either extremely awkward since Jessica never talked about it either. Even if she couldn't stand Shannon, I would imagine that if it was something very unpleasant for Shannon, she never told Frank, not necessarily to protect Shannon but to avoid the impression, through Shannon, that she was interfering in their relationship.

Theories:
1. Shannon and Jessica used to be friends. A boy they were both interested in chose Jess. Shannon has never forgiven that - Possible but I don't think it's so embarrassing or awkward that Jess wouldn't mention it.

2. Shannon and Jessica used to be friends. Shannon developed interest in Jess, but she decided to go with the boy who would start the first rumors. To further mess with her, she bullied Jess from then on. - Possible. We don't know what year it was when Jess and Shannon became enemies. I think certain prejudices against bisexuals and homosexuality might be within a legitimate range. It would also give the friendship between Abby and Lilly an interesting counterpart to the dynamic between Jess and Shannon: A friendship that goes well versus a friendship that went wrong.

3. Shannon and Jessica used to be friends. For a time, they were part of a clique that may have bullied. Maybe Jess didn't know about the bullying either, but then caught Shannon doing it, confronted her which then led to the split between the two. - I think that's more than enough reason for Jessica not to want to talk about it. Also to protect her friendship with Frank.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I think we are still missing too much information to really narrow it down, which is why I hope CNG eventually plans a side-story for those two.

Right now all we have to go on is Franks (biased) memories, and his statements about how much Abby is like her mother. For all we really know; Jess may have been the one/part of a clique that was bullying Shannon initially, and it didn't end until the rumors with her ex started. Even if Jess didn't actively participate in the bullying, she might have just stood by and watched it happen.
When the rumors about Jess started; Shannon might have seen an opportunity for revenge and taken it....Becca gets it from somewhere :)
After-all; Frank met Jess after the rumor incident, and neither Jess or Shannon ever talked about what happened. We really don't know what Jess, or Shannon for that matter, was like before that.

It would also give the friendship between Abby and Lilly an interesting counterpart to the dynamic between Jess and Shannon: A friendship that goes well versus a friendship that went wrong.
I think that this had a significant impact on Shannon, regardless of what happened between her & Jess.
It had to eat at her to have a daily reminder of how her and Jess's friendship could have been, versus how it was.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Yes, it is problematic that the only sources we have are what Frank overheard or perceived and the character biographies, which are formulated neutrally and are definitely not from Frank's point of view, since there is also information to be found there that Frank can't have (yet), such as that Meiko was for the first time vocally angry when her parents wanted to set her up with someone. Both sources are unfortunately only of limited help, since Frank only met the two when they already hated and despised each other, and the biographies are kept quite ominous, after all not even Lilli's middle name "Francesca" is mentioned and with Abby's middle name "Nancy" it's exactly the same (I took a screenshot of the scene especially, because I thought Jess was great at that moment). But in general the idea that Jess used to be like Shannon, but evolved from that while Shannon stayed the way she was is quite fascinating.

Which also generally makes me think that the fact that Shannon ignored Lilli's emotional problems so much wasn't just because she's a narcissistic and empathy-less person, but also maybe that she recognizes herself in Lilli more than she'd like. Both have similar traits, have shown Frank their bare butts in at least one situation in the sense of flirting - not that either of them know about it - and the young Shannon and the current Lilli have relatively similar physiques. Then there's the fact that Abby looks a lot like Jess, and Abby and Lilli got along well. Could very well be, then, that she was cold to Lilli as well, because she reminds her of back then, only it worked out for Lilli. Which reminds me of something I wrote a while back, Shannon is what Lilli would have become if she didn't have Abby, Becca, and also Frank in her life. Maybe Shannon realizes that too to some degree and for such a narcissist with a bloated ego, that has to be worse than a hard slap in the face.

What reinforces this for me is that we don't see, as far as I can tell, any direct interaction between Becca and her mother. We only learn that the relationship is hostile. But we don't know from whom that emanates. But since I think Becca is the neutral acting person, I think it's actually subtly coming from her. In conversations about Shannon, we clearly see that she has no sympathy for her mother. It could of course be a pronounced Electra complex (the female version of the Oedipus complex), which definitely plays into it, but I think the main point here is actually just how Shannon deals with Abby, Lilli, and also Frank.

Reactions: Tavi13
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes