NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
To me, what it makes him, is a conflicted person, who doesn't magically get over that conflict instantaneously. There's a world view that what he's feeling is wrong, which he has accepted for most of his life as true. There's the fact that for much of his life he has devoted himself to protecting these girls from people who wanted to do very similar things to what he's doing with them right now. Is it different because it's what the girls want? Absolutely, yes, but that doesn't magically make the guilt go away, or the sense of hypocrisy.

Is this a fantasy game, and is it valid to write it in a way where he doesn't have this conflict? Absolutely it is, and there are tons of fun and good games that do things that way. However, *not* doing things that way gives this game unique aspects which I, and several other people do enjoy. I enjoy that it feels like Becca and the others are corrupting Frank, and that's not possible without the inner conflict that you dislike. I feel like it's more true to a situation where someone's daughters suddenly decided to try to seduce them than what we normally see in these types of games, and while that's not necessary, I find it refreshingly different personally.

This is not to say that your viewpoint isn't valid. You're free to dislike it, and to state that dislike in this public forum. I only respond, because it's important for people like the developer to see that there are those with an equally valid viewpoint on the side of how they are currently writing the story so that they can make an informed decision about whether to continue writing it that way.
I'm valid your valid everybody's valid. Swell. I'm sure that the dev will be quite edified to see that Francis' mental bed-wetting has its fans. I share your opinion that you are free to like what you want, but I maintain that there are much better ways to develop the conflict. Like dialogue, actions, consequences, or unexpected developments. If his emotional constipation is the only source of conflict the VN is in trouble. The inner monologue is grating and pathetic. It served its purpose and it is time for it to go. Or at least be trimmed to a few lines per update.

• Haha
Reactions: hawk784563

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I'm valid your valid everybody's valid. Swell. I'm sure that the dev will be quite edified to see that Francis' mental bed-wetting has its fans. I share your opinion that you are free to like what you want, but I maintain that there are much better ways to develop the conflict. Like dialogue, actions, consequences, or unexpected developments. If his emotional constipation is the only source of conflict the VN is in trouble. The inner monologue is grating and pathetic. It served its purpose and it is time for it to go. Or at least be trimmed to a few lines per update.
It did mellow down for a while, but came back with a vengeance unfortunately, was nicer when it was less chaotic in the MC's head.

Reactions: KnightOwlSC
Dec 20, 2020
A while back, I said something along the lines of "MC should prove that he deserves that big dick of his, and use it to replace his spaghetti noodle of a spine". This was also while I was having a melt down over Rebecca's behavior towards Lilith. Still, I have to agree with a lot of the recent comments about MC, and his inner monologue. Very annoying. At least his actions are starting to line up with what he really wants, and not his whiny thoughts. As far as the story goes, he needs to start believing his dreams, and chase what he really wants. The only thing those whiny thoughts are stopping him from right now, is being with Abigail. As annoying as it is, I think it's a good thing. If he were to try to hook up with Abby right now, it would ruin everything. Even though it's clearly what they both want, neither are ready for it. Him putting a stop to her actions right now, and setting his boundaries clearly will help firm up that spaghetti noodle. Which is good because he'll need his dick for it's intended purpose.

Now I have written a long winded, sub-90 IQ post. Eh, Krystal2?

Jep18

Jul 20, 2022
IRL Franck behaviour, reticencee and hesitation would be normal. And most would act the same instead as Woody Allen did.
In game that is supposed to be +18 is exasperating as is not IRL.

• Angry
Reactions: Son of Durin

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
IRL Franck behaviour, reticencee and hesitation would be normal. And most would act the same instead as Woody Allen did.
In game that is supposed to be +18 is exasperating as is not IRL.
The amount of difference from Real Life that people want is different though. Some like something a bit grounded in reality and not everything questioned, others prefer the "free roam". Neither is right nor wrong, and it will depend on the game, the person playing it, and sometimes on the humidity outside and your boss's mood during work. So I like if all things exist, then I have something I like - maybe only on that one day - and others have their stuff, and everybody can be happy and ignore what's "wrong". No need to change anything IMO.

Negate

Nov 7, 2019
They're like food or art critics: they live to bitch and moan and can't get it enough of it. They also tend to be talentless and incapable of doing the thing they critique; in this case, the thing they're incapable of doing is understanding the rational(ish) thoughts of someone with a moral and ethical conflict. This is a frequent trait of attorneys, politicians, marketing execs and used car salesmen.
The difference is a food critic won't go to the same restaurant every week just to say the same things he said about it the week before. He's gonna go to a different restaurant and write a different review.

Reactions: Cartageno

Trikus

May 31, 2020
The difference is a food critic won't go to the same restaurant every week just to say the same things he said about it the week before. He's gonna go to a different restaurant and write a different review.
yes, but it isn't like he can go to a different family every week, is it.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
But that's what I don't get. When I don't like something I stopped watching/playing this. It seems like these people don't like MC and then play a new update and are surprised that they still don't like MC. What's the point?
Cos people are stupid? lol

Oct 21, 2019
Hey, does anyone know if the dev already announced a more accurate release date than 'Mid November'? Maybe in the higher-level Discord channels?

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes