Oct 21, 2019
So there's this perfectly great website where people go to discuss your game along with others....And the players do not need to clog their discord with 100s of different channels to keep track of. I know it may sound entitled but do think from the players perspective of how many games come out in a month and that they could be playing, and all of those having a discord as well, plus regular groups and games they may be attached too......it's a lot when there is one site with a thread just for your game that does the same thing. You have an amazing resource at your fingertips, don't throw that away in favor of a discord.
The dev isn't active on f95zone. The comment about discussing the game on Discord applies to his Patreon followers.

Reactions: $@~
Sep 22, 2018
OK let's not get ahead of ourselves here dude...
First, the male DAZ model used for Frank is one of the most overused serial rapist/voyeur/cuck faces in hundreds of already published games. It certainly makes me cringe when I see that face. Female models are quite amateurishly caricatural in nature but it's up to your preferences to like them or not.
Second, MCs internal dialogues get very old very fast after a few minutes of cringeworthy introspective bullshit he is pulling whenever possible and it goes on and on and on... and it is especially annoying when looking at that serial rapist/voyeur/cuck face we got to know from so many games before.

So, yeah, no, the author did try to polish the game by fixing some typos and small inconsistencies but failed at fixing the really annoying stuff like, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts - INSTANT GAME OVER thing for going to check on your "redhead" while she is flipping the bean in the shower.
OK, in retrospect, since the author is using a known serial rapist/voyeur/cuck male DAZ asset for MC it makes sense to go for a game over but still... as it's a fucking VN with little to no actual choices based on a ton of internal monologue and dialogue, it really doesn't make sense to even think of using INSTANT GAME OVER mechanics in any instance. Couldn't he have just said; "DAD, I'm flipping the bean here, get lost you perv!"

Having said all that, no, I kinda do not agree with you that this "game polish" was worth it at all.
Not sure why you decided to lump me into your rant instead of just voicing your own opinion yourself... You must be one of them argue with other people instead of having a valid opinion MFs... Truthfully I could care less what the MC looks like. Honestly I'm only playing the game to bang the redhead. The lead up to it has been very nice so far so I'm not gonna complain. The writing has been selling me and I really like the look of the characters. Not quite cartoon not quite hyper real cg uncanny valley shite. Lookin just enough loli for my taste. I have nothing but good things to say about this game. No amount of ragging on it will change my mind.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: $@~ and RRommel

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Not sure why you decided to lump me into your rant instead of just voicing your own opinion yourself... You must be one of them argue with other people instead of having a valid opinion MFs... Truthfully I could care less what the MC looks like. Honestly I'm only playing the game to bang the redhead. The lead up to it has been very nice so far so I'm not gonna complain. The writing has been selling me and I really like the look of the characters. Not quite cartoon not quite hyper real cg uncanny valley shite. Lookin just enough loli for my taste. I have nothing but good things to say about this game. No amount of ragging on it will change my mind.
Sorry for dragging you into my rant. My lazy ass just tapped on reply when I should have just made a separate post.
By all means, enjoy your redhead and no hard feelings. Shit happens.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
So there's this perfectly great website where people go to discuss your game along with others....And the players do not need to clog their discord with 100s of different channels to keep track of. I know it may sound entitled but do think from the players perspective of how many games come out in a month and that they could be playing, and all of those having a discord as well, plus regular groups and games they may be attached too......it's a lot when there is one site with a thread just for your game that does the same thing. You have an amazing resource at your fingertips, don't throw that away in favor of a discord.
Having read the comment sections, I really don't blame any dev for avoiding this site. I'm honestly surprised more of them don't.
Didn't include someones personal fetish list? 3+ pages of "waaaa, I want it my way"
Graphic card/hardware issue and had to wait for a new one? 20+ pages of "waaaa", "milker", "why no abandoned tag"
Actually has a 9-5 job, and an actual life, so they can't dedicate 24/7 to creating content? "waaaa", "milker", "other devs do better", etc. etc. etc.

I'm not really a fan of discord either, I agree there are way too many channels to try and keep track of, but I completely understand why dev's would avoid this place.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Having read the comment sections, I really don't blame any dev for avoiding this site. I'm honestly surprised more of them don't.
Didn't include someones personal fetish list? 3+ pages of "waaaa, I want it my way"
Graphic card/hardware issue and had to wait for a new one? 20+ pages of "waaaa", "milker", "why no abandoned tag"
Actually has a 9-5 job, and an actual life, so they can't dedicate 24/7 to creating content? "waaaa", "milker", "other devs do better", etc. etc. etc.

I'm not really a fan of discord either, I agree there are way too many channels to try and keep track of, but I completely understand why dev's would avoid this place.
none of that changes with a discord. I've had a few channels. It's the same thing just in a different place. Most devs come here because it's a wealth of opportunity that outweighs the negatives. I mean any other site that has a reach of 3 million potential patrons?

If a dev is smart about it, uses a community manager to sift through the feedback for something useful while avoiding both the white knights and detractors they get something good from a large slice of the pie. This way the dev avoids reading the comments. I believe it was Adam Savage that said not to read the comments yourself have someone else do it for you. Thats how he did it on mythbusters.

Reactions: juan palote

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Tavi led good points on why this is so. And I think devs like CNG can't even be blamed for that. Have been in contact with someone for just under 2 weeks who produced content herself for a while and two big problems she had were: Hardly any response and feedback and when there was feedback it was partly nasty creepy comments.

Criticism and feedback is important, but while factual demonstration why baiting with content A only to arrive with content B, which has two very different target groups and is then only moderately well, if at all, implemented is important, the eternal and repeated demand for fetish XY is not helpful, especially when the dev more than once clearly said that this will not come. Unfortunately, these people are not infrequently in their own bubble, it could come a "modder" who makes it possible after all.

In short, I have more than enough understanding that devs avoid this forum like the devil avoids holy water. I would love to tell CNG here how I like Lilli's development and she is my favorite of the three, but it is as it is.

Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
none of that changes with a discord. I've had a few channels. It's the same thing just in a different place. Most devs come here because it's a wealth of opportunity that outweighs the negatives. I mean any other site that has a reach of 3 million potential patrons?

If a dev is smart about it, uses a community manager to sift through the feedback for something useful while avoiding both the white knights and detractors they get something good from a large slice of the pie. This way the dev avoids reading the comments. I believe it was Adam Savage that said not to read the comments yourself have someone else do it for you. Thats how he did it on mythbusters.
Discord makes it easier to weed out the ObviousTrolls™, and the "why aren't you doing what I want" crowd though.

I know of some devs that have friends/page moderators that track stuff here for them, while mostly avoiding this site. When they do show up here, it is to make a single post then bounce again without reading/responding to anything here.

Is it the best way to do it? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not a dev (between my lack of talent and my tendency to offer people explicit directions when telling them to go to hell, I would make a terrible dev) so I can't say one way or another. I can say that it is the better choice for some dev's though.
They might be missing out on some useful info cleverly hidden between the "waaaa" comments; but if avoiding this place is what they need to do in order to keep themselves sane, and to keep them happy with their own projects, then it is probably the best thing for them.

I started catching up on the comment sections in a few of the games I follow and I can think of at least two devs that should avoid this place (at least temporarily), because the negativity is getting to them.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
There are devs who frequently visit f95 and respond. You'll find, unsurprisingly, that this is in threads where people tend to be polite and respectful, even when presenting criticism, with few posts that have nothing either supportive or constructive to offer.

It's not good that so many other devs get a wall of negative comments from people who clearly shouldn't be allowed onto the internet to interact with others, because they have not learned the basics of reasonable human communication.

And it's a great pity, because I find discord to be far more chaotic and difficult to follow. If I am away for a week or more (as I was recently from f95) catching up is difficult. But until people learn to behave better toward their fellow humans (and years on many forums has not given me hope that this is happening) it's understandable some (many?) devs wouldn't want anything to do with this forum.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Really? totally thought one of them was supposed to be his actual daughter, but it has been a while since i played this one.
she is like real father to her even he isn't biological father, she just took care of her mother when that asshole who got her preggo abandoned her. it was told some updates ago when daddy told to abby about her mother.

bf90rono

Mar 11, 2020
A solid 7 IF we didnt have this closet perv virgin "boy" as a MC....
Imagine if they were related by blood, oh my god the MC would be even worse, the horror.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Yesterday I played through CH1 from the beginning in a single sitting. I could have moved my saves over, but given the comments by the dev and the modder about code changes throughout the update, I felt that even if the save played fine for the modest amount of new content the potential for problems in subsequent updates was too great.

I did not skip text. Despite the fact that I read very quickly I spent, with brief interruptions for head breaks and food, ten hours to play the entire game, call it 9 or so hours of actual playing time.

I have a few observations.

Discounting dream sequences, masturbatory fantasies, and fairy scenes the first instance of sex between the MC and a female character was four hours into the game. Four hours. That's a glacial pace.

I may be miscounting, but in the nine hours of play, once again discounting dreams and masturbatory imaginings, there are six instances of sexual contact between the MC and a female character. Sex with Beth, sex with the judge's daughter, BJ with Beth, BJ with Becca, sex with Lilly, and sex with Becca. I have missed a scene with Abby based on the chess game.

I must say that, even knowing their content in advance, the scenes where the MC makes love to Lily and Becca are well done and remain emotionally moving. Especially when he discovers Becca was a virgin.

I've certainly made my impatience with Frank's whiny unending inner monologues clear in my prior comments. I don't know if there were script changes or I'm just desensitized, but that aspect of the character was less annoying in this play through. Perhaps not waiting months to be repeatedly subjected to the same monolog, was the difference. So still annoying, but, at least in my case, to a notably lesser degree.

The female characters definitely look different, and while I found all of them pleasing before, I think the new versions are an improvement.

All of us are consuming a game that's in development. Only the dev(s) can know the benefit of devoting an entire update to cleaning up the imagery, code, writing, etc. The goal is to eventually ship a polished finished VN. While I certainly would have preferred that they wait and continue to produce new content, Clever Name Games, has released quality updates on a regular schedule for many prior releases. They've been transparent on their schedules and progress and warned all of us that this update was to improve the VN's quality with minimal new content. It's evident that a lot of effort went into this rework, and I, for one, respect that effort.

Having played through this reworked version of Single Again, I have to say that, despite my various criticisms, this is a great VN. Far better than the vast majority of those found here. So thanks for you hard work and commitment. I look forward to your next update.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I don't have option for loosing on puropose . Only massage and make dinner .
That would be the first chess game. The chess game that gives you the option of losing, is the rematch that occurs the day after you go to the club with Abby+Lilly+Meiko, and shortly after the scene where Abby has some playtime with "Big Daddy" in the bathroom (but is interrupted by you coming home).

If you choose to lose this chess game, MC/Frank will not have a close encounter with "Big Daddy" afterwards, but Abby will ask you to either get a "real kiss" or "see Frank's frank close up" at bedtime.

Zoey's walkthrough mod (and the walkthrough document) actually favors winning this chess game, though, so be on the lookout for this.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
There are devs who frequently visit f95 and respond. You'll find, unsurprisingly, that this is in threads where people tend to be polite and respectful, even when presenting criticism, with few posts that have nothing either supportive or constructive to offer.

It's not good that so many other devs get a wall of negative comments from people who clearly shouldn't be allowed onto the internet to interact with others, because they have not learned the basics of reasonable human communication.

And it's a great pity, because I find discord to be far more chaotic and difficult to follow. If I am away for a week or more (as I was recently from f95) catching up is difficult. But until people learn to behave better toward their fellow humans (and years on many forums has not given me hope that this is happening) it's understandable some (many?) devs wouldn't want anything to do with this forum.
I really enjoy this game a lot, so I wanted to throw my two cents in as a developer that's quite involved in my own threads on this site.

I have definitely thought about leaving once or twice with some of the backlash and how heated it can get lol. I have spoken to many other developers about f95, and most of the developers in this community are pretty afraid to come on here and this website just has a bad reputation amongst us.

And this is the main reason why they avoid this site; imagine working for hours and hours while having to deal with real life and all of the stress there, and then come to a place where a lot of comments consist of "WTF is this?!" "Shit, trash."

Literally all the work we put in is being told it was not worth it, and of course a lot of us are just amateurs and picked this up not long ago, so we do feel bad and we do get depressed about not being good enough. I know a lot of you might not understand how much work these games take, but IT'S A LOT. And a lot of us are just one man teams that are getting better as we go along and just want to give you all our best. That's the reason for the remasters and reworks.

Absolutely speak your minds and give criticism, but please try and go easy the next time you want to leave a negative comment or something, because a lot of us do try really hard, even though we might screw up, so again, please go easy on us, guys!

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 201 Votes