3.50 star(s) 15 Votes
Nov 22, 2021
Oof, that's a silly mistake by me. Thanks for letting me know, next update I hope to have 1st level reworked as what's in game now is temporary.
Understandable I figured I would just let you know. I obviously could just reload from the checkpoint right there but it felt like that would be a game flaw. Still love this game lol

• Red Heart
Reactions: ElliseArt
May 5, 2023
Oof, that's a silly mistake by me. Thanks for letting me know, next update I hope to have 1st level reworked as what's in game now is temporary.
Nice to see the dev being active in a community, always nice to know the creator behind the game. :)
However I have a question. I do enjoy the game despite being in such early alpha and am rather interested in seeing where the game goes, but I can't help but wonder whether the gallery access in Patreon is an early access kind of thing and it will be added for everyone in full release, or if it'll permanently be a supporter exclusive. I assume it is early access, but I thought I would ask anyway as I imagine I'm not the only one who is curious.

P.S. It's not from a place of selfishness or greed, just to clarify. I would gladly support you and other devs I follow, but in today's economy money is hard to come by even when it's just like $5-15 a month and I hope that's an understandable explanation/reason. <->

P.P.S. I do genuinely feel bad for being unable to support the devs of games I enjoy all because my economy is terrible. >.<

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
I do genuinely feel bad for being unable to support the devs of games I enjoy all because my economy is terrible. >.<
Please don't feel bad, I totally understand!

The Gallery access via Patreon is a way to view all the animations currently in the game, but on release I want this to work in the way that players unlock the animations in the gallery as they encounter them in game.

Atm I'm working on getting the game Demo-ready and I'm not sure how I will approach things after that. I still want Patrons etc, to get some kind of reward for their support so I will most likely keep the Gallery unlocked for them.

May 5, 2023
Please don't feel bad, I totally understand!

The Gallery access via Patreon is a way to view all the animations currently in the game, but on release I want this to work in the way that players unlock the animations in the gallery as they encounter them in game.

Atm I'm working on getting the game Demo-ready and I'm not sure how I will approach things after that. I still want Patrons etc, to get some kind of reward for their support so I will most likely keep the Gallery unlocked for them.
I see, completely understandable and also a good approach to it, thanks for answering it Ellise. ^-^
Perhaps a suggestion I could make is something similar to another game I follow called Mystic Knight Maya by MegaBlueBall. The gallery is hidden somewhere on the map (not the suggestion I was going to make) and once you find it you can teleport there, but there's this little side section where you can freely spawn in any enemy in the game (except bosses) either for training to fight them or for... "other" purposes, maybe for the demo/open beta you could make a little section where that spawning in is a possibility but keep the full gallery for Patrons only until full release? Just an idea I thought I'd provide, and if you chose to do that I imagine you could contact the dev too if plagiarism is of any concern.

Other than that I think Sinher is an excellent proof of concept in its current state and you've got great potential as a game dev, keep doing what you're doing. <3
And I say that before I play the current update too. If I recall I played during 0.10 or something... I believe it was when it was first uploaded here and the fire boss was only just introduced and "only" had a brief (yet satisfying) ending scene after beating her. I can't remember what version that was or if that's the current version and my memory is terrible but that's what I previously played, and will be playing the new one later today most likely.

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
and will be playing the new one later today most likely.
That's an interesting way to introduce a gallery, and cheers, I'm glad you liked it back then already. Progress has been slow, but I hope you like the newer version as well. :giggle:

You can't get out?
yeah, have you tried pressing jump?
I appreciate the input guys, but he is actually stuck there because of the platform over the mushroom. :HideThePain: I made an error...

May 5, 2023
That's an interesting way to introduce a gallery, and cheers, I'm glad you liked it back then already. Progress has been slow, but I hope you like the newer version as well. :giggle:
I hope I was able to help get the cogs and wheels turning for brainstorming so-to-speak lol. ^-^
Also I finished the current version and quite enjoyed it, I'm impressed with the progress. The boss hasn't changed but the areas prior have and I do enjoy the new enemies quite a bit, simple but powerful enough to still be a threat. However, I did notice something that could be a bug.

In the first area with the two slimes you need to either kill or charm to continue, with the slime that's trapped in the little area below the save point, if you get grabbed in the exact middle of the platform then you are perma-grabbed and the slime grabs you again and again with (quite literally) no chance of escape until you ultimately lose all your health.
I dunno if this is intended or not, but I will admit (do keep in mind I play A LOT of Soulslikes so I love challenge) that it would be a fun thing to keep implemented as a heavy punishment for being caught out of position in certain spots. If challenge in that aspect is not what you intend to have in the game, then a simple solution is having a brief period of invincibility frames after getting grabbed/escaping, maybe 1-2 seconds or so.

Another rather interesting bug I found, if you don't kill the first minotaur and then die during/from a grab from the lava slime girls, if you go back to that same minotaur and get grabbed he then becomes turbo bugged and turns into a slime girl, but the minotaur animation remains the same albeit heavily bugged and you also can't escape. It's a bit hard to explain so I've attached a video recording of me replicating the bug to demonstrate. (I've had to break it into multiple segments because of F95's file limit, sorry, but they're in chronological order so it's easy to follow)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Another rather interesting bug I found
oh god.... thats pretty bad. thank you so much for taking the time to make the clips, its always helpful to be able to see it.
I think I have to remake the enemy system becuase the issue of enemies turning into other enemies is something I've seen happen before (though rarely), I just havent found how to trigger this bug.

as for the slime one, this is not intended, but I see what you mean. Im a big fan of souls-likes myself and Im planning on implementing a system to keep track of and respawn enemies properly after dying

Nov 22, 2021
Dude we're just tried to help.
But you're welcome bro.
You tried. The other one seemed more attemptedly insulting. But again...that little platform above the bounce shroom is a solid thing you can't pass through. Meaning bouncing on the shroom just gets me in this constant mid jump animation in between the shroom and the platform. Jumping does nothing as both of the sides are too small to fit through.

May 5, 2023
oh god.... thats pretty bad. thank you so much for taking the time to make the clips, its always helpful to be able to see it.
I think I have to remake the enemy system becuase the issue of enemies turning into other enemies is something I've seen happen before (though rarely), I just havent found how to trigger this bug.

as for the slime one, this is not intended, but I see what you mean. Im a big fan of souls-likes myself and Im planning on implementing a system to keep track of and respawn enemies properly after dying
Glad I could bring it to your attention, always happy to help with development. ^-^
While I don't know much about coding, nor how the game's code is, it seems to be something with the grab system maybe. In the clips as you saw I died from a grab from the lava slime girl who then de-spawned during my death animation, maybe the game still registers that grab when I was then subsequently grabbed by the minotaur? Just a thought, since when I've died to normal attacks or other means like falling off an edge then that bug did not happen.

Also, glad to hear about the enemy respawn mechanic being planned, it's felt odd going through areas with no enemies once they're cleared out. I dunno how complicated it would be but I assume it'd be something like when player enters X room, spawn Y enemies at Z positions.

3.50 star(s) 15 Votes