3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Great game! Is it just me or is Ira unbeatable? :p
Thank you! :D

She can be quite challenging! but the best way to beat her is to parry her dash attack.
In the next update she will do slightly less damage and I've tuned a few things, so hopefully that helps. o/

Thank you for trying out Sinher!

Reactions: Chaiba

ziggyzerda

Nov 17, 2018
Very solid game play. Things I would consider.

-NEVER put your attack key directly next to your directional controls. It's awfully annoying to use.
-Falling in a pit or lava should not be an instant game over, but instead -1 health and reset next to where you fell. Extremely overly punishing
-Platforms in the final lava stretch are tiny and there's no way to back track if you ever wanted to.

Also a glitch I found messing around. I got a game over to the slime enemy and the slime teleported with me to the respawn resulting in a game crash.

Keros

Jun 2, 2017
The jumping and attack/blocking are really shoddy. There's no snap to it, everything seems delayed or something. I'm using an Series X controller.

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Very solid game play. Things I would consider.

-NEVER put your attack key directly next to your directional controls. It's awfully annoying to use.
-Falling in a pit or lava should not be an instant game over, but instead -1 health and reset next to where you fell. Extremely overly punishing
-Platforms in the final lava stretch are tiny and there's no way to back track if you ever wanted to.

Also a glitch I found messing around. I got a game over to the slime enemy and the slime teleported with me to the respawn resulting in a game crash.
You raise some good points, thank you for the input!

That sounds concerning.. Were you able to make the glitch happen again and which slime was it that this happened on? And which respawn was it that the game crashed on?
Lots of questions, I know, but it might help me figure out what's going wrong.

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Is there a way to remap the controls?
There isn't a way to remap them I'm afraid.
What controls would you suggest as the default ones?

The jumping and attack/blocking are really shoddy. There's no snap to it, everything seems delayed or something. I'm using an Series X controller.
That sounds strange, how much of a delay are we talking about?

Thank you for playing Sinher!

Keros

Jun 2, 2017

It's just sloppy feeling, like the edges aren't where they're supposed to be. It's just feels overall sluggish to control. Yours isn't the first I've played like this, there's a finesse to platformers. Your just doesn't feel there yet. Keep working on it.
I'm not trying to offend or anything. It's just hard to explain.

Reactions: ElliseArt

azubaluba2

Apr 7, 2022
Hey, can you put the "side-scroller" tag? It's a type of game I really enjoy, and I would never find it searching for it!

lhurgoyfguy

Sep 5, 2019

AS FOR CONTROLS, THE ARROWKEYS FOR MOVEMENT, Z, X, AND C FOR ACTIONS, AND A, S, AND D FOR OTHER THINGS.

Reactions: Xol

lhurgoyfguy

Sep 5, 2019
That sounds concerning.. Were you able to make the glitch happen again and which slime was it that this happened on? And which respawn was it that the game crashed on?
Lots of questions, I know, but it might help me figure out what's going wrong.
THE SLIME THATS BEHIND A ROCK IN THE RIGHTMOST LOWER PART OF THE AREA THEY FIRST APEAR IN. IF IT TRAPS YOU AGAINST A WALL AND KILLS YOU THEN STARTS ITS SEX ANIMATION, IT TRIGGERS THE GLITCH.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
AS FOR CONTROLS, THE ARROWKEYS FOR MOVEMENT, Z, X, AND C FOR ACTIONS, AND A, S, AND D FOR OTHER THINGS.
THE SLIME THATS BEHIND A ROCK IN THE RIGHTMOST LOWER PART OF THE AREA THEY FIRST APEAR IN. IF IT TRAPS YOU AGAINST A WALL AND KILLS YOU THEN STARTS ITS SEX ANIMATION, IT TRIGGERS THE GLITCH.
can you turn off the capslock bud

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
So far this is really solid, there's a lot here to like, though there's room to improve and hopefully my criticism can help improve it somewhat.

To start with the gameplay, the combat feels really stiff due to being unable to attack in the air. This also limits how the bosses can be designed quite a bit, so I think being able to attack mid-air is probably one of the more important things to add. Attacking downwards mid-air may also be something worth adding.
I also found the parry to be really annoying to use because of how much start-up it has. Obviously you shouldn't be able to mash it, but it's just too much, even when I knew attacks were coming the parry sometimes wouldn't come out in time because I'd underestimate how much start-up it has.

The game is also way too linear to be considered a Metroidvania. If you just want to make a linear platformer that's fine, and understandable since a proper Metroidvania is probably harder to make.
Regardless I think the enemies and chests also need to be reset either when you die or leave and re-enter an area because for a good while I didn't even know enemies re-spawned at all, and it's annoying to have to save, quit, and re-load the game any time you want to look at certain animations or farm items.
There also seems to be a huge difficulty spike between the first and second areas. Besides the lava being an instant kill, the platforming is also a lot trickier and the 2nd boss is way harder. If the current map is a placeholder and the lava area is going to be the 4th or 5th area later, seeing as Ira is Wrath, that would make sense.

Finally, on the lewds, for the most part they're good but some of the animations seem stiff or could do more to match the enemy/theming. Examples include some of Ira's attacks, the tentacle trap's animation basically just lifting one of the Succubus' legs and that's it, the humanoid with a spear (not sure what they're supposed to be) barely making her ass jiggle at all, the dick in Ira's animation not bending or squishing at all and her legs not having enough unique frames to create smooth movement, etc. I think with some extra time and polish these animations can be really great but some of them just barely miss the mark. Also, for Ira's animation considering the size of the dick I think it'd make sense for her abdomen to bulge out when it's all the way in.
As for matching the enemies, the main thing I was thinking of would be having some enemies' jizz be different colors. The main examples being the slime's being green and the lava girl's being yellowish-orange to resemble magma.

One other little thing I think could be improved animation-wise is the running animation. I get wanting to show off the Succubus' ass with it, but she doesn't turn her hips nearly as far towards the screen when putting her other leg forward and it looks a bit awkward, so I'd say keep it consistent even if we don't get as good of a view of her butt.

I know this is a lot but I'll re-iterate it's not bad. Still a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing how this game develops. Keep it up!

Last edited:

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
After befriend the first book I have no idea that to do now. Can someone help me?
Go to the right, you'll meet the girl that sent you to get that book again and then to the right is the next area with more enemies and another boss fight that rewards you with a lengthy animation.

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes