3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

zeranta

Apr 23, 2023
I keep getting freeze at some point and it's weird. As the game froze completely and my system have to process the program for a few second when I end it by Task Manager.

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
I keep getting freeze at some point and it's weird. As the game froze completely and my system have to process the program for a few second when I end it by Task Manager.
That's concerning. Thank you for the feedback. At what point did the freeze happen?

Sarah Ali

Sep 14, 2023
Lol, is this game ever going to get longer from point of beating the first female boss? Or just keep introducing new stuffs within the first level ??

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Well, I feel like leaving a review, but also knoiw that I don't feel right having played so little of a game. So here's my current thoughts, this game is just annoying and has some gameplay facets I personally absolutely hate.

Jumping right from a "tutorial" having fought literally 1 enemy into a boss fight is NOT good gameplay design. I didn't manage to deflect any of the boss' attacks or land any of my own (from what I could tell) before dying. The checkpoint right before the boss room is great, except the boss room is still closed, so I literally cannot continue and would have to restart the game for every time I'd lose to the boss, which I assume would be several attempts at best, since this is inspired by multiple "GET GUD SCRUB" games.

What platforming I experienced felt odd. I'm sure I could get used to it, but that takes more than a few screens and also contributes to the "fun" of trying to win a boss fight.

The only good I can say about it is that the animations that I saw look nice enough.

So yeah, I'd probably rate this a 1 star, since there's both shitty game design (IMO) and a nice soft lock by the door staying locked right at the start of the game if you're not able to beat the boss on your first try.

Nov 22, 2021
Well, I feel like leaving a review, but also knoiw that I don't feel right having played so little of a game. So here's my current thoughts, this game is just annoying and has some gameplay facets I personally absolutely hate.

Jumping right from a "tutorial" having fought literally 1 enemy into a boss fight is NOT good gameplay design. I didn't manage to deflect any of the boss' attacks or land any of my own (from what I could tell) before dying. The checkpoint right before the boss room is great, except the boss room is still closed, so I literally cannot continue and would have to restart the game for every time I'd lose to the boss, which I assume would be several attempts at best, since this is inspired by multiple "GET GUD SCRUB" games.

What platforming I experienced felt odd. I'm sure I could get used to it, but that takes more than a few screens and also contributes to the "fun" of trying to win a boss fight.

The only good I can say about it is that the animations that I saw look nice enough.

So yeah, I'd probably rate this a 1 star, since there's both shitty game design (IMO) and a nice soft lock by the door staying locked right at the start of the game if you're not able to beat the boss on your first try.
I will say this. The soft lock thing can be fixed and more than likely will be fixed now. But I have to add your inability to beat the first boss isn't a gameplay issue its a skill issue. Avoid the death laser avoid the falling pages, step forward to avoid tentacles parry the purple fire balls back at the book and bam first boss fight done. It takes all of 6 parrys to beat that boss so its not a game problem its a you problem and I don't mean that in an insulting way. But saying a game sucks because you can't beat a boss despite having all the tools to do so outside of having your timing on point is just....bad form. Again not an insult but that isn't the Devs doing in any way shape or form.

Reactions: ElliseArt

zeranta

Apr 23, 2023
That's concerning. Thank you for the feedback. At what point did the freeze happen?
It usually happen at the 1st counter of the big green slime, but that's probably nothing because I just re-install the game.
But one bug for sure that happen is when : while the lava minator charging and you suddenly press Inventory.

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Lol, is this game ever going to get longer from point of beating the first female boss? Or just keep introducing new stuffs within the first level ??
You have a fair point. I guess my mistake was making it playable at an early stage where many of the core mechanics weren't ready.

I appreciate that you went to leave a comment rather than a poor review.

The game is indeed inspired by several games that are 'hard'. I personally enjoy being thrown right into the action with a bossfight (fx beginning of Blasphemous, one of my favorite games), though I understand this is not the case for everyone.

The door is an issue and a bug, not intentional design. Both me and the other person testing didn't notice it, ironically because we have played it too much, silly, I know. Sometimes the best people to test a game is those who have never tried it before..

If you don't mind me asking, how differently would you have felt about the game if the door wasn't an issue and you got to fight at least one more enemy before the boss?
Would your rating have been different? If so/if not, why?

I personally love this game. 5 out of 5 stars.
Thank you, I'm always glad to know there are people who enjoy the game. <3

It usually happen at the 1st counter of the big green slime, but that's probably nothing because I just re-install the game.
But one bug for sure that happen is when : while the lava minator charging and you suddenly press Inventory.
Cheers, thank you for letting me know, I will have to look into this!

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
why not male protagonist with female enemies ?
Oh boy, there we go again...

I can offer you a certain explanation that I've given on quite a few occassions after quite extensive research of character reception for my own little projects and when I was helping two guys with their games.

1.) Like with a lot of games, hentai or not, players are primarily men and want to look at pleasant things. That's why people, given a choice, usually take female character anyway. It is a double-edged sword since if you make females ugly, people will linch you xD

2.) This is related to hentai games mostly - resources.
If you have one character to worry about in terms of design, it is much easier to make it hotter and not repetitive..since it is the only one and you can really put your effort into it. Other characters then can be so-so because the main powerhorse will be the PC.

Now, if you make a male PC, you have to not only make it somewhat appealing but also make a lot of other characters hot as well. You see the problem now? Instead of one resource heavy design and a dozen of so-so, now you have to make one so-so and a dozen of resource-heavy hotties.

You can ignore that, sure...but people will bash you for it. They will complain that XYZ is not hot enough or is disgusting or something. You need to be more creative with every enemy. When you do female character, you only need to nail it ONCE.

zeranta

Apr 23, 2023
Oh boy, there we go again...

I can offer you a certain explanation that I've given on quite a few occassions after quite extensive research of character reception for my own little projects and when I was helping two guys with their games.

1.) Like with a lot of games, hentai or not, players are primarily men and want to look at pleasant things. That's why people, given a choice, usually take female character anyway. It is a double-edged sword since if you make females ugly, people will linch you xD

2.) This is related to hentai games mostly - resources.
If you have one character to worry about in terms of design, it is much easier to make it hotter and not repetitive..since it is the only one and you can really put your effort into it. Other characters then can be so-so because the main powerhorse will be the PC.

Now, if you make a male PC, you have to not only make it somewhat appealing but also make a lot of other characters hot as well. You see the problem now? Instead of one resource heavy design and a dozen of so-so, now you have to make one so-so and a dozen of resource-heavy hotties.

You can ignore that, sure...but people will bash you for it. They will complain that XYZ is not hot enough or is disgusting or something. You need to be more creative with every enemy. When you do female character, you only need to nail it ONCE.
No, it just simply the choices of the devs, it's easier of how they prefer to make it and how they want it to be. They all have good and bad side.
For me, I played only several NSFW games that play as Female MC but with several conditions. But I never get to finish them at all no matter how good they are. It's just depend on the taste of everyone and how the devs want to make their game.

Reactions: ViviX12

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
There's plenty fem mc games, there's plenty of male mc games. Matter of preference and also matter of what the devs try to do. Femdom games usually have male mcs, and similalry fem mc games often have the heroine violated by various people. There is also the point of whether you want to see one guy fucking a bunch of chicks or a girl fuck/get fucked by a bunch of guys/creatures/other girls. There are some games with male mc with strange creatures but those are exceptions. And then there's of course the question of whether you want to stare at a hot girl most of the time or at some dude. To which I say, I wish there were more futa mc games, but girls are still plenty good.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I appreciate that you went to leave a comment rather than a poor review.

The game is indeed inspired by several games that are 'hard'. I personally enjoy being thrown right into the action with a bossfight (fx beginning of Blasphemous, one of my favorite games), though I understand this is not the case for everyone.

The door is an issue and a bug, not intentional design. Both me and the other person testing didn't notice it, ironically because we have played it too much, silly, I know. Sometimes the best people to test a game is those who have never tried it before..

If you don't mind me asking, how differently would you have felt about the game if the door wasn't an issue and you got to fight at least one more enemy before the boss?
Would your rating have been different? If so/if not, why?
I figured it was a bug with the door, just way too annoying for me to want to try restarting the game repeatedly to work on beating the boss.

Frankly, if you're based on the "hard" games, IMO you really need some time to work out the combat mechanics before a boss. It's not fun (IMO) to have to try and work out attack distances, general block / parry timing, exc in a boss fight. If I have some time and enemies to fight to figure out the mechanics more, it's a far better experience. I'm just not a big fan of the sink or swim fights right at the start of an action game, unless you're meant to lose but get a special reward if you manage to win.

I can't really say how my rating would be different overall, since it depends so much on how more of the game feels. For example, I noticed both during what I played and some reviews / comments about the platforming. Platforming is so hard to feel right, and what I did felt floaty, which I might get used to but also might not. So especially if there's a lot of more complex platforming / pixel perfect jumps, exc, especially if it's over instant death that's just annoying design (IMO again).

If I judge it only on the animations I saw, it's a 3.5 to 4/5, since the art and animations seemed good but not amazing.

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes