dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
as this is an early access we are currently making the major mechanics of the game that includes at least 2 jobs & the brothel management system and the neighborhood, we made a poll before this release and it turned out that we should start working on the brothel management system
once we finish all the major mechanics we will start working on polishing ui/animations/3d models/lightings .... then we will continue adding more and more to the storyline, this is not just a 2d game that requires only drawing/writing skills, it's a 3d game with original mechanics, plus we are a small team who's not working full time on this, this is why it's taking more time then other games you see out here,
i understand that people wants a finished game with no bugs and with perfect scripts but we decided to start sharing this game on it's current version to build a community that will help us in art/localization/game testing..., so we shared an early access for testing purposes and we didn't even advertise this game yet.
Absolutely none of this addresses the issue that I raised. It feels like boilerplate posting. I'm also scratching my head here on some of that response because its extremely ..I don't want to say naive but perhaps inexperienced would be a better word?

Here's some real world advice for you from another developer.

so we shared an early access for testing purposes
No, you didn't. You released a product in order to gain financial reward. This is also the biggest cop-out/misunderstanding of people new to this model. Early access isn't people funding you out of the kindness of their hearts; it's a Software As A Service model where they expect reward for the money invested. It's exactly why 99% of devs do a monthly release cycle - because monthly billing cycles creates a clear investment->reward model. And it's also why the biggest complaint of any dev that works on Patreon and doesn't monthly release or have extremely clear time lines for future content is that their Patreons feel like they're throwing money at nothing.

This "WE'RE BUILDING A COMMUNITY HERE" stuff that people try to pull. You understand that we know it's bullshit right? Even the people who are being polite to you know that it's bullshit. You didn't release a game and setup a community, you paywalled a game based on release or features. You're trying to make money. And there's nothing wrong with that but stop being so insufferably pretentious about it.

One further note on this.

on it's current version to build a community that will help us in art/localization/game testing
Oh yes, a COMMUNITY. That will help with stuff. In the industry we call that "having people work on the game we make money on for free because otherwise it would cost us money to hire people and we don't want to do that". Testing access is NOT a benefit for a consumer, it's literally work. It's a job that people get paid for.

this is not just a 2d game that requires only drawing/writing skills, it's a 3d game with original mechanics, plus we are a small team who's not working full time on this, this is why it's taking more time then other games you see out here,
There's a name for this way back on C2 that I can't recall now but it has become known as "The Star Citizen excuse". It's taking more time because our product is more complicated and harder and stuff. Who designed the product? We did. So that's why we need to delay again. Could we have designed it to not take this time? Well yes but we're not doing it.

as this is an early access we are currently making the major mechanics of the game that includes at least 2 jobs & the brothel management system and the neighborhood, we made a poll before this release and it turned out that we should start working on the brothel management system
And here is basically the crux of the matter. Either, you do not understand the funding model that you are attempting to use, or you do understand the funding model and are refusing to implement it properly in the hope of monetising existing subscribers. But the worst thing is that you're ignoring your audience and I don't care if you're building a Pong clone or the next GTA, that's always going to turn out badly in the long run.
You haven't got a game. You might have a game, maybe, at some undefined point in the future. Or you might drop dead or lose motivation or move to Bengal or something, and at that point the people who are giving you money get nothing. The excuse then will be that they got a product every month.
At the moment you have a product which you want people to give you money for every month, in order for you to turn it into a game. The implicit promise of giving you this money is that they (as in the Royal "They") have some sort of ability to influence content or direction. When you get a groundswell of people on your Patreon, Discord, and on literally every page of this thread saying "is there any of X content yet" then you should fulfil that implicit promise even at the cost whatever design document you have come up with. Because as I've been trying to explain, you're selling a service. That service is the monthly release and update of a product and some sort of voice in future direction. The Fallout like "Yes, Yes But Sarcastic", "No (Yes)" poll is not that.

This is why I said in the first post that I was so confused about this as a project. You seem competent. You don't seem like an idiot and, outside of the patronising corporate speak which you have in no way earned, you seem to be able to converse with people like a normal human being. The fact that every time I come into this thread I see the same complaint for however long it has been since the initial release now is extremely confusing. Tons of projects have loud voices but it's rare to see one so consistent on exactly what they want and how they want it and getting back a minigame or something. It's like, if you go into a shop and ask for coffee and somebody brings you tea then you'd understand the mistake. Maybe they'd just picked the wrong one up? Or if they bring you back Bisto Gravy instead then you'd be even more confused but they're both brown bitty things so maybe that's ok for an alien or one of the million RenPy incest harem developers with a Patreon and a 55MB six month old 0.01 version? But your community are asking you for coffee and you're bringing them The History of The Battle of Agincourt by Sir Nicholas Nicolas.

Your game is not your product. Not really, it's just the convenient lie that both developers and Patreons tell each other to have this form of relationship. Your vision for the progression of content is your product. That ongoing development is the service that you'er selling and provide, not the hope of a finished game. So when your customers are asking for coffee, even if you desperately want to tell them about the dangers of cavalry charging at English longbowmen, just give them some coffee. Then when they're not looking sneak in your thesis on the Duke of Anjou together with the coffee and everybody wins.

XtreamAnim

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2021
If you use whisky once at 20 and then buy a bottle of whisky and try to use it, you will have whisky in the package but it won't work, and it won't work the next day. Just like the sunscreen in the past, it was clearly in stock, but I couldn't give it to my mother, because I didn't have that option and I couldn't buy it again.
thnx for reporting we'll check this out, we have already this bug written in our reports but we didn't find the cause of this bug, so hope it will be like you said

Absolutely none of this addresses the issue that I raised. It feels like boilerplate posting. I'm also scratching my head here on some of that response because its extremely ..I don't want to say naive but perhaps inexperienced would be a better word?

Here's some real world advice for you from another developer.
1.money is important for any project, we never said the opposite, but no bullshit, a good community is also important and we have already built this community and there's many people right now that are working with us for free and there's also people that gets paid like (devs/artists),

2.you can't apply 'the start citizen' excuse on us, we never shared a release date and we have always kept our word, and we never delayed on sharing updates and it's been going for one year, i'm just saying that 3d games takes more time then 2d games to develop

3.i don't understand what makes you think that we're ignoring advices and that we are not prioritizing X content from this community (plz give me an example), there's people who wants to see more animations there's others who wants us to finish the neighborhood and there's others who wants a brothel management system, we did a poll and the brothel won so there's no coffee tea thing..

4.don't worry about us we'll not move to Bengal, maybe you're saying this cuz there's other devs that leaves their project for some reason, but again you can't judge someone cuz of other people actions

5.Right, my game is not my product, also my vision for the progression of content is NOT my product, this is why we're asking the community before each major release about what they want to see next,

thnx again for taking the time to share with us your C&C, we are doing our best to share with you good content and hope we'll do better in the future ;)

kocu87

Sep 17, 2021
does anyone having the same issue like me? i tried to fast forward the text, and it wont show up, had to killed the game cause there is no way to continue...

chuchukat

Dec 17, 2018
3.i don't understand what makes you think that we're ignoring advices and that we are not prioritizing X content from this community (plz give me an example), there's people who wants to see more animations there's others who wants us to finish the neighborhood and there's others who wants a brothel management system, we did a poll and the brothel won so there's no coffee tea thing..
can I bang mom yet?
It's funny because the post directly after yours is exactly what he's talking about.

The thread is littered with people asking for more content with the step mom, since that's why the majority of people probably even bothered downloading it, then you gave a poll that's like "What do you want, more neighborhood or brothel management? Oh, looks like brothel management won the people have spoken!"

It completely ignores all of the people who have literally been saying very directly what they actually want basically since the project released. Brothel management isn't what people wanted lol, it's what they wanted most out of the 4 options they didn't want that you gave them. I'm pretty sure if you had gone with a write-in and let people tell you what they actually want, brothel management wouldn't have cracked the top 10. It probably wouldn't have cracked the top 100 because it's so out of left field that this kid stealing money from his mom's wallet is suddenly a fucking pimp with a full-on brick and mortar brothel.

You had a decent hook apparently, people were interested. There was a pretty clear narrative and goal. And then the updates came in and it's like... ok, you can do massages? That makes a little sense I guess, I can see that driving the plot somewhere. And then it's.... security guard? Brothel management? You've completely abandoned the stuff that actually drew people into the project.

The guy gave you really, really good advice, but it's clear you're not really going to take it to heart so the best advice for anyone else is to just ignore this for another year or two. Maybe after that, you can get a scene where the MC steals his mom's panties after becoming the supreme leader of North Korea or something else equally unrelated to what you're actually here for.

DG3

Mar 29, 2021
It's funny because the post directly after yours is exactly what he's talking about.

The thread is littered with people asking for more content with the step mom, since that's why the majority of people probably even bothered downloading it, then you gave a poll that's like "What do you want, more neighborhood or brothel management? Oh, looks like brothel management won the people have spoken!"

It completely ignores all of the people who have literally been saying very directly what they actually want basically since the project released. Brothel management isn't what people wanted lol, it's what they wanted most out of the 4 options they didn't want that you gave them. I'm pretty sure if you had gone with a write-in and let people tell you what they actually want, brothel management wouldn't have cracked the top 10. It probably wouldn't have cracked the top 100 because it's so out of left field that this kid stealing money from his mom's wallet is suddenly a fucking pimp with a full-on brick and mortar brothel.

You had a decent hook apparently, people were interested. There was a pretty clear narrative and goal. And then the updates came in and it's like... ok, you can do massages? That makes a little sense I guess, I can see that driving the plot somewhere. And then it's.... security guard? Brothel management? You've completely abandoned the stuff that actually drew people into the project.

The guy gave you really, really good advice, but it's clear you're not really going to take it to heart so the best advice for anyone else is to just ignore this for another year or two. Maybe after that, you can get a scene where the MC steals his mom's panties after becoming the supreme leader of North Korea or something else equally unrelated to what you're actually here for.
u totally won my heart

S4lty0n3

Apr 9, 2018
banging Emily (with her free will) is an end game scenes, but on the next animation update we'll add more interaction actions to the drunk Emily scene
thats what im waiting for! hopefuly it will be rough.
but beside that one Question: do you plan on add sounds to the game? especially to the sex scenes? it feels like bit akward right now watching them without any sound or moan or anything.

Reactions: stole

XtreamAnim

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2021

i totally agree with you on this, many people wants to see more scenes with Emily, the problem here is that like i said it's an end game scenes, but we have already tweaked a bit our game design document to be able to unlock more scenes (on this early access)without finishing the neighborhood and without adding more characters to the game, so on the next animation update we will focus on this: finishing the scene when Emily is drunk + while massaging Emily, this is the only thing we can add without messing up our game design document

thats what im waiting for! hopefuly it will be rough.
but beside that one Question: do you plan on add sounds to the game? especially to the sex scenes? it feels like bit akward right now watching them without any sound or moan or anything.
we are testing the best way to add sounds, we have a script for that but it needs polishing, you can test it out on the first scene and on the massage job

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
I honestly have no doubt this game will be abandoned within a year. Dev either ignores criticisms or questions that don't involve looking for content and the time there was a response it was the most corporate response I've ever seen which is weird considering this definitely isn't a dev company. Doesn't help that the dev seems hellbent on adding superfluous bullshit instead of actual content. Gonna keep watch though because this board is gonna have some content at least.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
XtreamAnim is there any plans to add keyboard buttons short cuts for actions the character can make? because I just tried the game on a laptop and I find having to plug in a USB mouse to use the scroll wheel to access the action command a little clunky. A option to map actions to a keyboard key would be most welcomed for laptop users like me and maybe a option to adjust the game volume?

The game shows real promise so far, I wish you all the best with it.

2.50 star(s) 53 Votes