Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
Such as? It's obvious what you miss out on if you skip Discreet, but what specific scene do you lose if you don't go romance only?
not 100% sure but don't you miss one or two sex scenes that won't be altered for the path but skipped or replaced by different scenes?

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Yeah, I can't play that game.

I did try until it turns out the content relies on the MC being a complete douche to one of the sweetest girls in the game and it wasn't enjoyable.

Didn't like how the dev was pushing things in that game. Not really for me.

Much like I could never do Bella's blackmail here. She's in distress and it comes out why she's upset at the MC later. She was in love with her dad and he left her, took the MC with him and he looks like the dad and it brought back memories. She was going through a tough time and he brought up old feelings that upset her.

People shit on her for that but it made sense.

She heartbroken someone is blackmailing her, she needs some emotional support and along comes her brother who takes a massive shit on her life, completely fucks her over when she's at her lowest point.

It's a complete dick move and understandable why she would never want his kids.

Any feelings she has at the end are more from Stockholme Syndrome. She's stuck with a guy who's fucked over her life and she's trying to make the best of her situation.

It's pretty dark all things considered.
Yeah I knew I wasn't gonna like that game almost from the beginning when you are encouraged to take advantage of the Russian girl under the influence and desperate for another fix, only to be told by her bf/fwb to go ahead and mistreat her in exchange for your help with the older cousin, the only satisfying part was telling the cousin what kind of guy he really is and permanently ruining his chance at hooking up with her.

The older cousin was the only reason I was still playing, but the fact that in order to get any meaningful content with the younger cousin and her girlfriend is by spying on them and taking pictures of them together for blackmail and even worse, to advance the story, even after the MC finds out her girlfriend is being abused as the household maid, he looks the other way while she is treated as a sex slave by multiple people. Long story short, I wanted to like that game, but it just got darker and darker.

Anyway, you are correct, I haven't played this game in a while and completely forgot Bella was conflicted because of the resemblance the MC has to her father who abandoned her. For me the evolution of the MC's relationship with her is a better payoff romancing her instead of blackmailing her as a general rule I consider anything where there is no consent as rape, and game or not, I just can't go there.

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
not 100% sure but don't you miss one or two sex scenes that won't be altered for the path but skipped or replaced by different scenes?
If you play the Dom route with Bella, IIRC there are a couple sex scenes that don't play out in the romance. One is a hard anal sex scene, one is a 3-way water-sport scene with Bella, Rachel and MC, and the last is a 3-way with Bella, Megan and MC. All are more hardcore than the romance route.
In the Dom route with Bella, there is a hard and a soft route. In the movie theater after she confronts the blackmailer, if you don't make her give you the BJ, it changes the dynamic a bit. I haven't played with it fully to see exactly what (if anything) changes, but it does cut some of the sex scenes down.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
If you play the Dom route with Bella, IIRC there are a couple sex scenes that don't play out in the romance. One is a hard anal sex scene, one is a 3-way water-sport scene with Bella, Rachel and MC, and the last is a 3-way with Bella, Megan and MC. All are more hardcore than the romance route.
In the Dom route with Bella, there is a hard and a soft route. In the movie theater after she confronts the blackmailer, if you don't make her give you the BJ, it changes the dynamic a bit. I haven't played with it fully to see exactly what (if anything) changes, but it does cut some of the sex scenes down.
Exactly.

And for the record for those who haven't tried it...the dom/sub romance path is the best one and quite possibly the single best dom/sub path in any VN here.

Reactions: blarg0192

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
For some people maybe.

Personally I don't like the idea of taking advantage of a girl already suffering and in need of a helping hand.
That only happens in order to start the route. Not afterwards. An unfortunate mechanic for the flag. As Caeir noted, refuse her BJ in the cinema....and the sub route changes considerably

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I know I'd make a terrible Dom, because I just wanted to help her and give her a hug. Lol
that would be perfectly fine behaviour for a dom too.. bdsm risks to stray into abuse if not handled properly and maturely.
in this instance, as much as I have appreciated playing the dom route, it does start with abuse..because she's not a willing participant in this..not even in a consensual non consent way. it's fun to play but would be completely out of line for the real world (actually criminal).
and hugs and helping your partner are perfectly fine ways to give aftercare, which in many instances is also essential to the practice of bdsm.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
that would be perfectly fine behaviour for a dom too.. bdsm risks to stray into abuse if not handled properly and maturely.
in this instance, as much as I have appreciated playing the dom route, it does start with abuse..because she's not a willing participant in this..not even in a consensual non consent way. it's fun to play but would be completely out of line for the real world (actually criminal).
and hugs and helping your partner are perfectly fine ways to give aftercare, which in many instances is also essential to the practice of bdsm.
I would argue against how it starts somewhat. It's coercian based on desperation. End of the day, we (MC) never force her to actually do anything and she always has the option to stop or not do something. A hint of blackmail perhaps (right at the start)...but nothing illegal. Maybe you actually missed tyhe fact Bella is never forced into anything. There is no abuse. Could that part of the story been slightly better written? Perhaps yes but it's a mechanic to start the route, nothing more.

I could fill 22 pages on this subject (from experience) but it has all been discussed ad-infinitum before so there really isn't any point. My biggest gripe with all this is that far too many people misunderstand what BDSM is and can be and very rarely is the loving, gentler, softer side of a dom/sub relationship ever brought up or discussed which means there are a lot pf pre-conceived notions and labels about it which for the most part, are often highly inaccurate and misguided.

(Disclaimer: Assuming all is consensual and discussing dom/sub relationships...not men who are domineering and/or the extremes of the spectrum).

Reactions: c3p0 and Cynicaladm

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I would argue against how it starts somewhat. It's coercian based on desperation. End of the day, we (MC) never force her to actually do anything and she always has the option to stop or not do something. A hint of blackmail perhaps (right at the start)...but nothing illegal. Maybe you actually missed tyhe fact Bella is never forced into anything. There is no abuse. Could that part of the story been slightly better written? Perhaps yes but it's a mechanic to start the route, nothing more.

I could fill 22 pages on this subject (from experience) but it has all been discussed ad-infinitum before so there really isn't any point. My biggest gripe with all this is that far too many people misunderstand what BDSM is and can be and very rarely is the loving, gentler, softer side of a dom/sub relationship ever brought up or discussed which means there are a lot pf pre-conceived notions and labels about it which for the most part, are often highly inaccurate and misguided.

(Disclaimer: Assuming all is consensual and discussing dom/sub relationships...not men who are domineering and/or the extremes of the spectrum).
I would argue back that she starts as the victim of blackmail for money, an actual crime, and that the MC replaces the blackmailer for quite a while, before coming clean and giving her the facts straight. the fact that she's not under physical coertion and can always pick the alternative (which would damage her socially, potentially cost her her job and bring harm to herself and her family) really doesn't give her much in the way of agency. Sure.. the victim of a blackmail can always refuse to pay and get his dirty pics divulged, their kidnapped loved ones disappeared or suffer any other nasty consequence for displeasing the blackmailer.. that's what makes it such an insidious crime.

She's not being told "I've got a ticket to that concert you like, if you want to come with me you have to suck me off"... she's being told "pay me money/have sex with me or I will ruin your life"... goes a bit beyond playful coercion.

I certainly do not expect even half of the game developers who plonk in some bdsm because it sells to know what it entails with any degree of accuracy.
Anyway, this is not to say that I didn't enjoy the game.. in many ways it's one of my favourites, including the dom/sub play, which so rarely has any depth at all in these games, so I'm sufficiently happy with how they handled it in this case and perfectly willing to give them a pass.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I know I'd make a terrible Dom, because I just wanted to help her and give her a hug. Lol
I'm a sub, my girlfriend is a dom.

Biggest difference in most sub/dom relationships is the dom didn't fuck over the sub when they were in need of help and heartbroken.

We had a long chat about likes and dislikes and she never once threatened to completely ruin my life if I didn't do what she said which is exactly what happened to Bella both from her blackmailer and brother.

Tis also why she won't have a kid with him on the blackmail route. She might be stockolmed enough to think he gives a shit but she isn't gone enough to want to have a family with him.

styrany

Dec 25, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm at Day 22 right now and I start to wonder whether this game will continue to be as it is (from one sex scene to another, basicly no story whatsoever), or will it get any better, deeper, more complex later on. Can you give me any non-spoiler clue? Cheers

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm at Day 22 right now and I start to wonder whether this game will continue to be as it is (from one sex scene to another, basicly no story whatsoever), or will it get any better, deeper, more complex later on. Can you give me any non-spoiler clue? Cheers
If that's already your impression then as much as I love this VN I'm going to tell you no.

In all seriousness, it's a guy fucks his family VN...just exactly how much and what kind of complexity were you looking for? Maybe check some of the VN's in my sig if you like deeper stories where fucking everything with 2 legs is not the main focus.

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
I loved this game. Bella instantly became my top-1 favourite girl of all time and her both routes are really nice. She is the perfect wife, it doesn't really matter if she is the love of MCs life or just slutty fucktoy, both are perfect.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

styrany

Dec 25, 2020
If that's already your impression then as much as I love this VN I'm going to tell you no.

In all seriousness, it's a guy fucks his family VN...just exactly how much and what kind of complexity were you looking for? Maybe check some of the VN's in my sig if you like deeper stories where fucking everything with 2 legs is not the main focus.
Thanks for honest answer. Yeah I know some of the titles you have listed in the signature and most of them I did enjoy quite much and found them intriguing at least. I looked SL up because this one is completed game and has good ratings overall. I wanted to play something that has an actual ending, so I won't have to wait for months-years to get any update and continuation. Whereas I understand that someone might love this VN for it's traits, I guess it's just not my thing.

4.50 star(s) 324 Votes