Tool RPGM SLR Translator - Offline Machine Translation for VX, VX Ace, MV, and MZ [Shisaye]

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
While working on a major update I noticed that the "return to default" button in the SLR options menu doesn't work.
It actually breaks the translator.
Please do not use that button until I've fixed it.
I think for now I'm just going to remove large parts of that menu, because It's pretty bad in general.
Editing the files directly is actually way more comfortable than that cramped menu.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.054.
The "why on earth didn't I do this sooner" update.
Over 1000 lines of code changed.

Translation quality for multiline plugins significantly improved.

Please delete your Appdata profile folder for the last time.
(At least it "shouldn't" be required on future updates anymore.)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.055.
Disabled the development copy system, because it didn't work correctly and just caused problems.
Exported jsons will now be made human readable by default, but you can still turn that off in the options menu if you don't like it.

Reactions: Entai2965

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.056.
There were specific scenarios in which script stuff wasn't escaped properly, mostly concerning \FF[] \AA[] stuff, but I've improved it for all other entries, too, just to be sure.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.057.
I removed a lot of unnecessary regex patterns, and fixed some broken ones.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.058.
Improved the system for detecting and shortening excessively repeated stuff.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.059.
Main change is that placeholders will now by default be %1 %2 %3 etc., instead of %A %B %C etc and get spaces around them.
That seems like a bad idea because it makes detecting errors harder and might leave additional spaces in text, but Sugoi seems to completely leave those alone now, which fixes quite a lot of situations in which placeholders were lost.
(Both can be changed in the options menu.)

Moadsnake004

May 13, 2021
Best Mascot Ever.

Edit:
SLR Translator has a lot of optimizations based around Japanese to English translation + the Sugoi Offline Translator v4.0 NMT model.

Using SLR Translator in its intended configuration requires:
1) The Sugoi Offline Translator v4.0 model in either or in .
2) Software that can run that model on either the CPU or GPU.

The PyTorch/Fairseq/original version of the model and a small flask server to run it are available from the Official Toolkit (~6.5+ GB), but FOSS alternatives are also available here for convenience, reduced size, better performance, improved compatibility, added cache, added UI, transparency, stability, etc.

I went ahead and bundled everything together in a Sugoi-Repackage to bootstrap the Sugoi Offline Translator v4.0 NMT model + SLR Translator as fast, as clearly, and as reliably as possible. The Sugoi-Repackage is already included under AdditionalTools.7z\apps\Sugoi-Repackage-CPU in the OP. Just double click on the .bat to set up the software and then add the CTranslate2 format model to the correct folder to begin using SLR Translator right away.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For more detailed notes on the Sugoi-Repackage, see the , expand the small summary below, and also read this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hello, I just had a few questions about how you got your SLR Translator to work and about things in the Repackage.

First, to run a working SugoiV4 server locally, you have to click and run the "activateOfflineTranslationServer.bat" file, correct?

Second, as a NVIDIA user with more than 8GB of RAM, do I extract "Sugoi-Repackage-CUDA.2024-05-21.7z" or "Sugoi-Repackage-CUDA-Full.2024-05-20.7z" with 7-zip? Also, should I use Fairseq or CTranslate2?

Lastly, in the Sugoi Toolkit V8.0, there in an "Instructions" folder with a "Basic Guide" text file. In it, there is a line that reads "For offline mode, I replace the big model (2.5GB) with the base model (900MB) so the program is lighter." Is the Sugoi Repackage related to this and should I replace the current basic model with the big model? Are the benefits to doing so?

I apologize for this long post! I am just a bit unfamiliar with these more technical setups and was just looking for a bit of clarification!

Last edited: