Tool Sugoi - a translate tool with offline AI-powered model to translate from Japanese; DeePL competitor

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Sugoi
Sugoi is a convenient translator program that tranlsate copied text in clipboard. Currently support DeepL, Papago, and a custom offline module just for games and manga.

:

- fundraising

Translator++ has support for Sugoi, it just needs some fixes.
What I've already done:
- downloaded full package
- applied latest beta model (2.5)
- installed CUDA support for my 3080 to translate (instead of CPU) and enabled CUDA (script available on Discord)
- installed latest T++
warning one: do not close clipboard monitoring window, it is needed for T++ to work
warning two: do not copy to clipboard any text during T++ translation, because you may inject that thing onto translation files
Aside of that I MTLed some NTR MV games easily :) Quality? Well, sometimes comparable with DeepL, much better than Google Translate's "poetry".

Last edited:

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
I recently tried out Sugoi Offline Model. And while I do think DeepL is still overall better (ability to change words and have DeepL generate a new sentence is great). Sugoi is better with some sentence types that DeepL struggles with, like onomatopoeia, stuttered or stretched words. Also unlike DeepL Sugoi will keep Japanese honorifics, but that one is down to preference ultimately.

Overall I found it pretty good as a 2nd opinion Machine Translation.

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
All of this (Textractor+, live MTL etc) are fine, but for me, it kills the immersion and therefore the point of using them. you are too busy trying to make it work than focus on the story. Also, the worst part is that they don't translate choices. So I never know which combination of windows and ladders I want to click :D

Last edited:

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I recently tried out Sugoi Offline Model. And while I do think DeepL is still overall better (ability to change words and have DeepL generate a new sentence is great). Sugoi is better with some sentence types that DeepL struggles with, like onomatopoeia, stuttered or stretched words. Also unlike DeepL Sugoi will keep Japanese honorifics, but that one is down to preference ultimately.

Overall I found it pretty good as a 2nd opinion Machine Translation.
Did you try beta 2.5 model? It is improved :)

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Happy New Year! 2021 was a roller coaster.
Lots of the projects here only started this year like Sugoi Translator and Sugoi Manga. I remember this server [Discord] also started at 0 in the beginning of the year and now it has surpassed 2022 members. Thank you everyone for helping me in various ways, collecting data, fixing bugs, upvoting my Reddit post sharing my programs to other communities. Just on the last day of new year, a miracle happened.

I finally achieved the result that I wanted. Offline model V3.0 has officially surpassed DeepL in machine evaluation of ALL THREE CATEGORIES: VN, LN, manga. I think this is a very amazing sign for next year. Take this as my Christmas gift and new year gift:

Backup link just in case:
unknown.png

Jack2313

Apr 21, 2018
There is definitely an improvement compare to Ver 2.0 of the offline model. Although, there are still some part that it can't beat DeepL (like comprehension). Still its definitely far better than google right now so I give prop to the developer for that. Definitely good offline translation tool if you got no internet connection althought I do recommended you to used a dictionary software (like JParser for understanding of certain scene)

The quality is not that far off from DeepL tbh.

Arasutaru

Feb 5, 2019
It's hard to gauge how much better it is when their translation website (Which uses Levi) seems to produce identical results to 3.3 almost always. Although I didn't throw a lot at it.
it fixes some really weird translations that the v3.3 model has i also want the offline model if anyone has it but i used the online page to translate a hand full of sentences that got translated weird and it had much better results i compaired it to v3.3

Arasutaru

Feb 5, 2019
It's hard to gauge how much better it is when their translation website (Which uses Levi) seems to produce identical results to 3.3 almost always. Although I didn't throw a lot at it.
here's and example v3.3:
「I register my cell phone number and email address on my phone as I go along with Meido's country talk.」
「You're fine with just messing around with the phone book, right?」
「...I don't really mind if you don't have a virus or anything.」
「Really? Whatever it is... Well, I won't contact you if you don't have anything to do, so don't worry.」

levi:
「As I go along with Meido’s country talk, I register my cell phone number and email address on Meido’s smartphone」
「I messed with the phone book on my own, but it's okay, right?」
「...I don't really mind as long as you don't have a virus or anything.」
「Really? Whatever the case... Well, don't worry, I won't contact you even if I don't have anything to do.」

as you can see it didn't confuse who was doing what it doesn't always do it but it doesn't f up as often or as bad as v3.3

also this one confused tf out me
v3.3 : 「Noticeable...? Tch, that's a bit amateurish.」
levi: 「Inactive...? Y-You sound a bit like an expert.」

they where complete opposites tho from what i can tell levi was more accurate

but anyways if anyone has it or is willing to share it i would be vary grateful

Last edited:

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
here's and example v3.3:
「I register my cell phone number and email address on my phone as I go along with Meido's country talk.」
「You're fine with just messing around with the phone book, right?」
「...I don't really mind if you don't have a virus or anything.」
「Really? Whatever it is... Well, I won't contact you if you don't have anything to do, so don't worry.」

levi:
「As I go along with Meido’s country talk, I register my cell phone number and email address on Meido’s smartphone」
「I messed with the phone book on my own, but it's okay, right?」
「...I don't really mind as long as you don't have a virus or anything.」
「Really? Whatever the case... Well, don't worry, I won't contact you even if I don't have anything to do.」

as you can see it didn't confuse who was doing what it doesn't always do it but it doesn't f up as often or as bad as v3.3

also this one confused tf out me
v3.3 : 「Noticeable...? Tch, that's a bit amateurish.」
levi: 「Inactive...? Y-You sound a bit like an expert.」

they where complete opposites tho from what i can tell levi was more accurate

but anyways if anyone has it or is willing to share it i would be vary grateful
Thanks for the demonstration. That does show some improvement.

Arasutaru

Feb 5, 2019
damn so is it safe to assume no ones gonna upload it? i know not many people know of its existence but damn

Proph

Jan 19, 2022
Offline Model Levi download:

This model is definitely an improvement
I tested it in games like Nee Chan no Susume, Role Player, Mamagoto or Kuroinu 2. I can see an improvement in the quality of the translation. Enjoy

Last edited:

Arasutaru

Feb 5, 2019

I tested it in games like Nee Chan no Susume, Role Player, Mamagoto or Kuroinu 2. I can see an improvement in the quality of the translation. Enjoy
Oh fuck thank you so much holy shit I was gonna bite the bullet and shell out some of my money but was still contemplating whether or not cause Patreon hates my card for some reason

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017

Legendary. Thanks so much!

pr0dukt

Jun 2, 2019

what a boss! Much obliged.

Nickhrom

May 27, 2019

Oh Damn! Thank you so much!