• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Sugoi - a translate tool with offline AI-powered model to translate from Japanese; DeePL competitor

XZTence

Nov 27, 2021
Offline Model Levi download:

This model is definitely an improvement
I tested it in games like Nee Chan no Susume, Role Player, Mamagoto or Kuroinu 2. I can see an improvement in the quality of the translation. Enjoy
Awww link died, any chance for a reupload?

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
For how amazing this is, there isn't much hype or posts
Because we're too busy using this lol. Blows deepl out of the water, the only issue is pronouns but that's with all translators. If you have any reading comprehension, mentally changing the errors in insignificant especially when the context and sentence stuture is understandable. This with translator++ or mtool is phenomenal.

shiny-kuki

May 6, 2020
Because we're too busy using this lol. Blows deepl out of the water, the only issue is pronouns but that's with all translators. If you have any reading comprehension, mentally changing the errors in insignificant especially when the context and sentence stuture is understandable. This with translator++ or mtool is phenomenal.
I suppose. But there's lots of different ways to use it so I feel there should be more information y'know.
There's a website up now

It produces the translation faster than offline cause it don't have to use your GPU to speed it up. (Not sure if it has a cooldown though

Last edited:

rislaz

Jul 26, 2020
Thank you for the information! I wanted to use it with Translator++ but really just wanted to test out the sugoi efficiency at translating. I got it working thanks allot.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Thank you for the information! I wanted to use it with Translator++ but really just wanted to test out the sugoi efficiency at translating. I got it working thanks allot.
I would say it is capable of Matching DeepL around 60% time. Outdo it around 20% of time. And fall short of DeepL around 20% of time. It generally can handle stretched words, stutter speak and speech with... dotdotdot pauses in it much more gracefully than DeepL. It also doesn't trip on line breaks and repeat itself like DeepL does. However Sugoi is much less flexible than DeepL. In deepL you can change the words and have it generate a new sentence. With Sugoi what you see is what you get unless you mess with the sentence.

Generally it performs on casual and H-speech better than DeepL.

When editing MTLs I found that using both in tandem and editing their output produces best results.

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
If anyone else has been tearing their hair out over attempting to install the Sugoi GPU patch in Translator++, here's how to do it manually:
dreamsavior.png
Scripts must be enabled in Powershell beforehand, but this worked like a charm for me.