HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.35] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
Is there any way we could make the Male content optional? Not really into that. Or skip forward to transforming him to female without any of the BDSM stuff.

Vaars

May 6, 2021
I have to agree with Murakami2099, the Grind at the moment is just too much - in Addition to the Days you spend on clicking for minimal gain, the fact that you need two encounters with each Person for one Step of advancement is a major Impediment on getting to content fast, especially if you are working on multiple People in parallel or the next required encounter is a rare one, meaning without a daily Schedule (like the Sister on Thursdays, or on the Weekends). I would suggest maybe adjusting the numbers for charges Received/required, and definitely removing the "continue" Step in the minigame, as murakami said.

Another Idea might be to allow for endless runs as long as you identify the colors correctly, therefore enabling you to gather more charges in a short time without clicking in between and making the process more engaging by increasing the stakes of every individual Round. (If you fail early, you threw away your time-slot and have to use the next one to try again)

I would also suggest to add the option of just calling the Characters their Name (e.g. India) in the Menu where you define this. Some of the Dialogue feels very stilted (especially with step-son used instead of stepson, but maybe that's just me?)

I want to point out though, that I regard this Game as overall very promising and the content that is here as being well done, despite being hidden between a huge Smokescreen of Grind and click. I enjoy the Protagonist, especially with the Prologue Games he is probably by far the most fleshed out MC I have encountered in an F95 Game, and I like the fact that hes not just horny/evil/both. The writing in general is very well done, too.

For a v 0.2, this is already pretty fine, despite the growing Pains. Keep it up!

Last edited:

slavesrus

Jul 29, 2021
Just downloaded. Haven't played yet, but I wanted to say that I never liked these types of games until I tried asfa. I really liked it and it turned me on to this genre. Sorry dev for mentioning another game here but I'm trying to say to anyone else give them a try. I can't do the text based ones, I do need the imagery... Fap fap fap. But I like what I've read so far and can't wait to play, after I've played a while I promise to come back with my verdict. See you in a while. So to others like me, just try it out. I think you'll enjoy. Laters.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
The slowest part of the coding things is the time to get the mouse to the submit button.
You don't have to clock submit. It says it on the instructions page that you can just hit enter. It's fair enough if its not for you but you gotta meet me half way here and at least read the instructions.

I have to agree with Murakami2099, the Grind at the moment is just too much - in Addition to the Days you spend on clicking for minimal gain, the fact that you need two encounters with each Person for one Step of advancement is a major Impediment on getting to content fast, especially if you are working on multiple People in parallel or the next required encounter is a rare one, meaning without a daily Schedule (like the Sister on Thursdays, or on the Weekends). I would suggest maybe adjusting the numbers for charges Received/required, and definitely removing the "continue" Step in the minigame, as murakami said.

Another Idea might be to allow for endless runs as long as you identify the colors correctly, therefore enabling you to gather more charges in a short time without clicking in between and making the process more engaging by increasing the stakes of every individual Round. (If you fail early, you threw away your time-slot and have to use the next one to try again)

I would also suggest to add the option of just calling the Characters their Name (e.g. India) in the Menu where you define this. Some of the Dialogue feels very stilted (especially with step-son used instead of stepson, but maybe that's just me?)

I want to point out though, that I regard this Game as overall very promising and the content that is here as being well done, despite being hidden between a huge Smokescreen of Grind and click. I enjoy the Protagonist, especially with the Prologue Games he is probably by far the most fleshed out MC I have encountered in an F95 Game, and I like the fact that hes not just horny/evil/both. The writing in general is very well done, too.

For a v 0.2, this is already pretty fine, despite the growing Pains. Keep it up!
I agree with the grind being too much in the current build. I have a plan to work on the hacker character and use her story as a way of starting passive Charge generation. I was going to start on her for next months update but a bunch of lads at work are down with Covid at the moment and I'll be working 6 days weeks for at least another week or too. The hacker will be a lot more work than a normal girl so I'll have to wait one more month to start her.

I think of the 2 encounter system to be core to the game. I'm sure if most people were to make this game they would have it so you just get the charge and use it straight away. I like games where you have time to get to know characters. If the game was only the "event" encounters I wouldn't be able to build out the characters as much cause every scene would have a goal that needs to be accomplished. Having the "chat" encounters means that I have a place to build out the characters without needing to hit a certain goal. I know its not going to be for everyone but it's a big part what makes the game unique I think.

I do like the idea of doing some kind of risk reward mechanic to the color game. I'll add it to my to do list for when I have some free time.

The continue in the mini game is there for mechanical reasons. I needed a passage to process success/failure. Its a little clunkie I know but I couldn't find a clean way to do it all in the same passage.

I actually considered the idea of being able to call characters from the menu. I didn't like it for 2 main reasons. 1 it feels like you aren't in a town anymore, it feels like you're just picking scenes from a menu. 2 If people could do that it would mean that they aren't traversing the town. As the game progresses you will find a lot of characters/encounters in the world. Adding a menu like that would mean that people would miss a lot of stuff.

Glad you are enjoying the game over all. I'll be dropping the 0.3 update this week some time once the folks on Subscribstar have had a chance to give me some feedback on it.

Just downloaded. Haven't played yet, but I wanted to say that I never liked these types of games until I tried asfa. I really liked it and it turned me on to this genre. Sorry dev for mentioning another game here but I'm trying to say to anyone else give them a try. I can't do the text based ones, I do need the imagery... Fap fap fap. But I like what I've read so far and can't wait to play, after I've played a while I promise to come back with my verdict. See you in a while. So to others like me, just try it out. I think you'll enjoy. Laters.
Glad you're giving it a try. If you haven't started already, you might want to wait a bit. I'll be putting out 0.3 this week.

Also, which game is "asfa"?

Last edited:

Vaars

May 6, 2021
I actually considered the idea of being able to call characters from the menu. I didn't like it for 2 main reasons. 1 it feels like you aren't in a town anymore, it feels like you're just picking scenes from a menu. 2 If people could do that it would mean that they aren't traversing the town. As the game progresses you will find a lot of characters/encounters in the world. Adding a menu like that would mean that people would miss a lot of stuff.

Also, which game is "asfa"?
You might have misunderstood me in regards to calling characters: I was referring to the Menu, where you choose how they address you and you address them. I would like for the MC to be able to call them their Name instead of their "Relation" (e.g. Stepmom)
There is no need for a quick-access Menu, if that is what you are talking about, I agree with you on that. In fact, the Travel/world Map is generally very well don (I did get lost a few times with the different Hallways in the University though)

ASFA is "A Spell for All", IMHO one of the best Games on the site. You should definitely check it out, at least for Inspiration :)
Along with, if you don't know it yet, "Hunter's Harem".

Also, you are right in regards to the 2 tier Encounter System, it is not only relevant for the Lore but also able to get across some information, and as I mentioned I especially like the three-dimensional character(s) in this. I did not really think about that whn I suggested this. but the broader Point is still true, because the reason I suggested it was as one option to be able to reduce grinding. since that Option is off the Table, It would have to happen by changing the charge gains/required Charges. But that also seems to be something we do agree on :)

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
You might have misunderstood me in regards to calling characters: I was referring to the Menu, where you choose how they address you and you address them. I would like for the MC to be able to call them their Name instead of their "Relation" (e.g. Stepmom)
There is no need for a quick-access Menu, if that is what you are talking about, I agree with you on that. In fact, the Travel/world Map is generally very well don (I did get lost a few times with the different Hallways in the University though)

ASFA is "A Spell for All", IMHO one of the best Games on the site. You should definitely check it out, at least for Inspiration :)
Along with, if you don't know it yet, "Hunter's Harem".

Also, you are right in regards to the 2 tier Encounter System, it is not only relevant for the Lore but also able to get across some information, and as I mentioned I especially like the three-dimensional character(s) in this. I did not really think about that whn I suggested this. but the broader Point is still true, because the reason I suggested it was as one option to be able to reduce grinding. since that Option is off the Table, It would have to happen by changing the charge gains/required Charges. But that also seems to be something we do agree on :)
Oh, I see what you're saying now. You think that calling someone by their relationships seems unnatural when it's not Mom/Sis.

I'm trying to think how I would do this in a way that wouldn’t slow me down too much when writing? . . . The way I write scenes is "You see your $mom in the kitchen." Or "Damn $Mom is looking good today".

$mom is used when it’s the relationship and $Mom is used when its her name. I could probably add an option to set $Mom as the character name and it would still read naturally.

Leave it with me. I'll add it to the todo list and have a better look at it when I get some free time.

Downloading A Spell for All and Hunter's Harem now. . . Making games is hard work guys, lost of research needed ;).

We do and we don’t agree. I agree that the grind needs to be worked on I just have a different method in mind. Rather than simply making the numbers smaller I'm going to add things for you as the MC to do in game to address it.

It should hopefully feel more satisfying in the long run to overcome the grind than to just have it taken away on the backend without you as the player doing anything. Give me a couple of months to get the hacker content in and see what you think.

Reactions: tplife and Vaars

Vaars

May 6, 2021
Leave it with me. I'll add it to the todo list and have a better look at it when I get some free time.

We do and we don’t agree. I agree that the grind needs to be worked on I just have a different method in mind. Rather than simply making the numbers smaller I'm going to add things for you as the MC to do in game to address it.
That is a perfectly reasonable and good Outlook. Looking forward to 0.3 and further Development in General :)

Reactions: AmusingOddity

slavesrus

Jul 29, 2021
Back with my review. I liked it. It was difficult to figure out how to start a couple of the girls though. I tried forever to find a way to get to sis without having to sly on her, but I guess it's the only way. Wanted to figure out everything on my own, so it was harder. I do wish these control genre games were more straightforward though. I want one game that actually lets you just own them, none of this half-assed mind control stuff these scared mc's seem to do. Just lets us actually do with the characters what we want to do. Love, or enslave, let us do it how we want, don't limit. Anyway. That's my complaint, but it's system wide, not just this game. And also, let each character also have the option to be used as we want. I am staunchly against sharing my girls. I hate when it's forced upon me to that end, but some guys like that. I think each person shld have the option to play it how they like. Now with all that said, you've got a good game so far. Good looking girls, hot mom, didn't like the forced ntr seen with the boss. I shld have the option to rescue her from that fate. I mean, mc had plenty of warning signs of the pending action. I knew it was coming as soon as I saw is weasle face and the way he acted with his secretary. So come on,anyway I lost track. Sorry, just really hate ntr. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do here dev. It looks promising. I know I seemed harsh but I do really like the game so far. The tension with sis was really surreal. I was so looking forward to breaking her stuckup ass. She got off easy in my opinion. Well good luck. And I'll see you at the next update.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Back with my review. I liked it. It was difficult to figure out how to start a couple of the girls though. I tried forever to find a way to get to sis without having to sly on her, but I guess it's the only way. Wanted to figure out everything on my own, so it was harder. I do wish these control genre games were more straightforward though. I want one game that actually lets you just own them, none of this half-assed mind control stuff these scared mc's seem to do. Just lets us actually do with the characters what we want to do. Love, or enslave, let us do it how we want, don't limit. Anyway. That's my complaint, but it's system wide, not just this game. And also, let each character also have the option to be used as we want. I am staunchly against sharing my girls. I hate when it's forced upon me to that end, but some guys like that. I think each person shld have the option to play it how they like. Now with all that said, you've got a good game so far. Good looking girls, hot mom, didn't like the forced ntr seen with the boss. I shld have the option to rescue her from that fate. I mean, mc had plenty of warning signs of the pending action. I knew it was coming as soon as I saw is weasle face and the way he acted with his secretary. So come on,anyway I lost track. Sorry, just really hate ntr. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do here dev. It looks promising. I know I seemed harsh but I do really like the game so far. The tension with sis was really surreal. I was so looking forward to breaking her stuckup ass. She got off easy in my opinion. Well good luck. And I'll see you at the next update.
Not harsh at all bud. These are all fair criticisms, if I had the time I would do a lot of the stuff you're talking about here. I only have 8 days off a month to work on the game and I needed to give myself a scope that I could make reasonable progress with in that limited time. That's why I restricted myself to the public and private routes. If I tried to build out that many options for each girl it would take forever to make real progress.

I knew the mom's boss stuff would rub people the wrong way but I do have a reason for it. Its kinda meant to feel bad. I wanted to have at least 1 time where the MC got bitten in the ass by how he used the app to teach him he has to be more careful with it. And don't worry, I have plans for the boss character . . .

With the exception of Jessica all other characters have a private route that avoids any sharing with other men. Jessica's story is part of the overall narrative and I need it to be a specific thing to set up phase 2 of the game down the road.

• Sad
Reactions: Cernunnos.
May 21, 2017
Not sure what new content you've added for Karlee. I've been interacting with her at all time everyday and i dont see the option 'Move things forward with her' appear at all. And since the Guide doesn't open anymore i have no idea how to trigger Karlee's new events. You've fixed old issues but released this version with new ones.

Reactions: Dole

KVAtlantis

Dec 27, 2017
Not sure what new content you've added for Karlee. I've been interacting with her at all time everyday and i dont see the option 'Move things forward with her' appear at all. And since the Guide doesn't open anymore i have no idea how to trigger Karlee's new events. You've fixed old issues but released this version with new ones.
i managet to find aut what you have to do, go at night to arpartments and to abella and read the text , at morning weakday than to dinning room and after some time on weakends when you ar far enogh with abella and Karlee , last encounter is with abella at abellas apartment where you fuck here but that is all i have found

Last edited:

JBR10

Mar 9, 2020
hey Great Update. I would like to support but i dont got a credit card. But keep up the good work. the Characters are interesting and the Navigation through the world is much better since the first release. I just found a a few spellingerrors and 1 missing picture in the sister route. One thing i would like to see is a form of indication if there is a new dialouge. The dialoug with your sister at the pool in the end of patch 3. Was that a optional conversation? If yes it would be sad to miss something only because you didnt know that it existed.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes