• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.35] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Vaars

May 6, 2021
Okay, so General Question from a Newbie User: Is it possible to set up an alert for when an update is dropped for a Game? I concluded from the recent Posts that 0.3 is here, but since the Dev didn't explicitly post the announcement/Changelog here (I think? I double checked the last 2 Pages right now), there was no real Notification to me for that. Is it possible to set up an alert if for something in the Download/Changelog-Post at Page 1 changes?

sh10

Jul 16, 2018
I think I'm running into the issue where Abella isn't available. I'm having an issue where going to the apartment area just has a black box that says 'Third Floor' but there's no picture and no way to click on anything. The guide is also broken as people have mentioned. Oh, there's also an issue where sometimes when I go to Elliot in his room it just says he has his back to me. I have to use the left arrow at the top left of the screen to get back b/c there's nothing to click on.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
ya gotta talk to the gym teacher in the staff lounge in morning
Yeah, eventually she actually was there when I clicked lounge, even though most times it showed her in the room, once I entered it was just Jessica in there. Now got everybody except AJ and Gia up to end of current content. Is ther somewhere else to run into AJ besides the corridor? Stuck on the post meathead arrest convo with her(finished the Alex content for this build)? Also, cannot seem to advance Gia, only see her in restaurant and it always says she is chatting with customer and I need to find the time and place. I am also guessing there is no second meeting with the dean in this build.

Chilinhills

Jun 6, 2017
Looks like an interesting game, if it was playable. I open the game in Chrome and the first thing I notice is, there are no pictures. I downloaded the whole file (Ver. 0.3), from Nopy and Mega, and they both are missing all photos to do with the character. The only photos in the files are Alex, Karlee, and Layton, and there aren't very many those. I am interested in playing this, but I think it needs to be fixed, or filled out a bit more before I'll download it again.

B10

Jun 25, 2017
Looks like an interesting game, if it was playable. I open the game in Chrome and the first thing I notice is, there are no pictures. I downloaded the whole file (Ver. 0.3), from Nopy and Mega, and they both are missing all photos to do with the character. The only photos in the files are Alex, Karlee, and Layton, and there aren't very many those. I am interested in playing this, but I think it needs to be fixed, or filled out a bit more before I'll download it again.
You also need the pictures pack.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
AmusingOddity thers a bug with the Guide
View attachment 1391411
you can´t open it anymore
Not sure what new content you've added for Karlee. I've been interacting with her at all time everyday and i dont see the option 'Move things forward with her' appear at all. And since the Guide doesn't open anymore i have no idea how to trigger Karlee's new events. You've fixed old issues but released this version with new ones.
i can also confirm the guide is bugged
no guide and that apartment thingy is broken, when can we expect a fix?

so, is the guide broken?
I think I'm running into the issue where Abella isn't available. I'm having an issue where going to the apartment area just has a black box that says 'Third Floor' but there's no picture and no way to click on anything. The guide is also broken as people have mentioned. Oh, there's also an issue where sometimes when I go to Elliot in his room it just says he has his back to me. I have to use the left arrow at the top left of the screen to get back b/c there's nothing to click on.
Sorry about that folks. I sorted the broken guide. I'll send fresh links to the mods now. In the mean time use this to get an updated version of 0.3

Last edited:

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
for some reason I can't get any of the images on my game
I don't understand the 0.3 changelog includes a lot of text but no new image / scene for the game?
Do I need to download the images as well? And why is that 0.2 while the HTML is 0.3?
0.3 is a small update packet. In order to get the images for earlier parts you need the full 0.2 packet.

not getting an option to interact with abella at the apartments
There is a weird bug that is causing a variable not to be set right in Karlee's chat scene. If you get the xp bar full with her and then sleep I added something that will force the variable to set right.

Same here visited the Apartments every night. Still no option to interact with Abella.
I can't find that bitch Gia outside the restaurant, where does she go on what day?
Loading a saved game past $karleeStory is 16 doesn't define variable abellaReady so Apartment location is never available.

Unable to go past GiaStory 5, Gia at Resteraunt, but dialog box ony states must be done in a better place
Have you gotten the "end of current content" thing at the end of the scene where she talks about hooking up with Eddy?

Fresh link for 0.3
Fixed bugged guide.

Fixed bug that was causing Abella to not show up when she was intended to. (requires that you sleep after talking to karlee.)

Reactions: Henry73au
May 21, 2017
0.3 is a small update packet. In order to get the images for earlier parts you need the full 0.2 packet.

There is a weird bug that is causing a variable not to be set right in Karlee's chat scene. If you get the xp bar full with her and then sleep I added something that will force the variable to set right.

Have you gotten the "end of current content" thing at the end of the scene where she talks about hooking up with Eddy?

Fresh link for 0.3
Fixed bugged guide.

Fixed bug that was causing Abella to not show up when she was intended to. (requires that you sleep after talking to karlee.)
Mega
now I downloaded the latest version you posted as fixes. I have another issue. The guide states MC has to talk to Karlee about Abella, but whenever i interact with Karlee the MC says 'Now is now the time for this' so now i have to restart the whole game from the beginning. Not sure if the Fix was worth it though.

If o go to the Apartment first thing i notice is there is a place holder for Abella's house image. When clicking on Abella's house when she is inside the MC says 'Looks like she is not in".... so now i'm stuck.

Nov 30, 2017
now I downloaded the latest version you posted as fixes. I have another issue. The guide states MC has to talk to Karlee about Abella, but whenever i interact with Karlee the MC says 'Now is now the time for this' so now i have to restart the whole game from the beginning. Not sure if the Fix was worth it though.

If o go to the Apartment first thing i notice is there is a place holder for Abella's house image. When clicking on Abella's house when she is inside the MC says 'Looks like she is not in".... so now i'm stuck.
In the console you can set karleestory to 17 to continue. ''SugarCube.State.active.variables.karleeStory=17''
Then go to breakfast next day.
It seems I have to skip the storynumber every time when you need to speak with Abella in her appartment.

Every time I sleep I do get :

<<$if 18 is 16 && 0 is 1>>

Error: child tag <</if>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<if>>

beneath the ''Wake Up'' button.

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Are you getting a message that she isn't there, or does her apartment not show up in the first place? Abella is the first interaction where you have to go to her at night and not just evening.

not getting an option to interact with abella at the apartments

B10

Jun 25, 2017
AmusingOddity

If you go to sleep there is an error on the repaired link for 0.3
<<$if 22 is 16 && 0 is 1>>

Error: child tag <</if>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<if>>

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I ran into this at the stage 16 passage as well, but thought it was only me having a glitch at playtesting. Pretty much the very last line of the passage for stage 16 is the setting of abellaReady and abellaMax where they have previously been undefined. You can set abellaReady to 1 and abellaMax to 4 in the console to manually force abella's apartment to become visible. AmusingOddity had it set on his playthrough, so I wonder if there may be a javascript engine problem with document loading timing out. He runs on Windows, and I'm running Chromium on Linux.

Loading a saved game past $karleeStory is 16 doesn't define variable abellaReady so Apartment location is never available.

Unable to go past GiaStory 5, Gia at Resteraunt, but dialog box ony states must be done in a better place

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
There are points in Gia's arc where you have to drop by the restaurant on a dead night when the parents are gone. This would be Tuesday evenings. I mentioned to AmusingOddity that he might want to add a second or third night of the week.

Reactions: Henry73au

ShamedAgain

Nov 26, 2019
Latest 0.3 from Mega:
Line 925 $if should be if

&lt;&lt;$if $karleeStory is 16 &amp;&amp; $karleeLevelReady is 1&gt;&gt;

Also Abella's appartment shows her thumbnail at Night, but still reports Looks like she's not in. popup

Variable $abellaMax doesn't exist or is undefined

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I haven't pulled his latest hotfix so can't confirm this. However see my reply above

In your javascript console you can manually define the two variables needed as follows:

SugarCube.state.variables.abellaReady=1
SugarCube.state.variables.abellaMax=4

I also can not get into Abellas apartment at night.
Latest 0.3 from Mega:
Line 925 $if should be if

&lt;&lt;$if $karleeStory is 16 &amp;&amp; $karleeLevelReady is 1&gt;&gt;

Also Abella's appartment shows her thumbnail at Night, but still reports Looks like she's not in. popup

Variable $abellaMax doesn't exist or is undefined

Reactions: Forgotted

Furyan

Nov 16, 2017
Every character was working fine Gia is during the evening Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, just talk to her.

Made everything in the game, guide works now, but Abella apartment is bugged as hell. Tried changing the variables:
SugarCube.state.variables.abellaReady=1
SugarCube.state.variables.abellaMax=1/2/3/4
But when I get the opportunity to enter the apartment the screen goes black, and can't progress anymore.

The game has great potential, I liked a lot the choice of models, and to name everyone of them, pitty there is too much grind and to few actual scenes. But there is some great promise here...

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes