HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.35] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Thank you very much. Works perfectly now. Or at least I was able to knock and go in....

That is w the new patch and also the
SugarCube.State.active.variables.abellaMax=5 that Private83 just posted.

Thanks all

Cheers

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
This
Tthe missing "knock" option, is because a variable is not yet set (abellaMax is missing and should have a value of 5).
For some reason, this is only defined in a scene after we knocked on the apartment.

SugarCube.State.active.variables.abellaMax=5
Fixes all of you guys. When I did my test playthrough with him originally his route that worked had both abellaReady defined as well as abellaMax. The route I took didn't define either of them but I didn't catch that he had the two passages to begin with. When I did my first search for things in Emacs, I found abellaMax defined to 4, but didn't realize it was not the passage I was running that was bombing out my playthrough. When he posted the hotfix, he was only setting abellaReady, and you guys were probably running the passage I took which has neither.

Still not working, doesn't recognize I have enough charge for Abella the first time you go to her apartment.
This is the same issue I am having as well.
Same here.
View attachment 1395196
With Alex there is still only "chat" option available. And the questlog still only suggests looking for her in the afternoon.

ODYWILSON04

Dec 7, 2018
I haven't pulled his latest hotfix so can't confirm this. However see my reply above

In your javascript console you can manually define the two variables needed as follows:

SugarCube.state.variables.abellaReady=1
SugarCube.state.variables.abellaMax=4
It says "cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'variables')".

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
Do we get to Abella on Karlee's private slut path or public slut pubic?, I'm on the public slut path and she doesn't appear on the guide so is there a way to get her or is she not implemented yet? and what is this apartment scene people are talking about her only scene that I know of is her giving Karlee clothes for the social media page.

Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
So, having made it past all that mess, lol, It wants me to go back to the cafe for breakfast to talk w Becka/Gia, whatever her name is.
The only option I have is to use the app on her and when i do that it tells me I already have a full attunement ready to use and I just need to find a time/place to use it.

any tips on this? Thank you

Cheers

ShamedAgain

Nov 26, 2019
Last 0.3 version as of 9/8/21 : abellaMax wasn't initialized so line 22364

<<if $charge >= ($abellaMax * 4)>>\

always punts you out to the else Leave

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
She's on the private path. Well not so much private but eventually a "thruple"...

Do we get to Abella on Karlee's private slut path or public slut pubic?, I'm on the public slut path and she doesn't appear on the guide so is there a way to get her or is she not implemented yet?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
You need to approach her on quiet evenings when the parents are gone. It was originally just Tuesday, but he opened it up to Tuesday to Thursday evenings.

So, having made it past all that mess, lol, It wants me to go back to the cafe for breakfast to talk w Becka/Gia, whatever her name is.
The only option I have is to use the app on her and when i do that it tells me I already have a full attunement ready to use and I just need to find a time/place to use it.

any tips on this? Thank you

Cheers

Reactions: Henry73au

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
"alex is friend, not food"
So he decided to be a good teacher in a game about mind manipulation huh. o_O
I disagree though, Alex is a feast xD

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
Abella is tied to Karlee because girl is in love. I don't think she could take seeing her gf all over instagram.
Ah so I wasted a download hoping Abella was implemented based on her being mentioned in the changelog and how much people were commenting about her recently when she was in fact not.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Ahh, heck, you didn't waste a download. There are other things to do like build up your charge before the next update. Besides,
AmusingOddity is doing an extremely good job in keeping the updates small. While file sizes don't bother me, I know they do others. And in keeping these small, he is at least trying to look out for those on metered connections. Lots of other Devs don't care so you at least have to give him props for that, right? ;)

Cheers

Reactions: AmusingOddity

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
Ahh, heck, you didn't waste a download. There are other things to do like build up your charge before the next update.
I just put charge at 99999999 because I aint wasting my time and what very little patience I have on shitty minigames.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Thanks to everyone that helped by bringing stuff to my attention, it is appreciated.

People playing off old saves were having trouble setting the $abellaMax variable. I've added some code that should set that variable once you sleep after telling Karlee that you will go speak to Abella for her.

I'll get new links off to the mods. Here is the revised version.

Just the HTML for 0.3

HTML and Images for 0.3

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
I just put charge at 99999999 because I aint wasting my time and what very little patience I have on shitty minigames.
Thanks to everyone that helped by bringing stuff to my attention, it is appreciated.

People playing off old saves were having trouble setting the $abellaMax variable. I've added some code that should set that variable once you sleep after telling Karlee that you will go speak to Abella for her.

I'll get new links off to the mods. Here is the revised version.

Just the HTML for 0.3
Mega

HTML and Images for 0.3
Mega
The minigame does get old fast. Something I think this game could benefit from is achievements for winning the minigames that reward the player with bonuses to using the auto feature. HelloClitty makes things a little better, but late stage attunements also take so much charge that I ran out of money fast. It would also make more sense to increase the work for writing a paper (3 or 4 sessions to complete one paper) and have them boost your weekly income because the paper is probably going to be bought repeatedly in the future by researchers using them for reference.

Reactions: Henry73au

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Do we get to Abella on Karlee's private slut path or public slut pubic?, I'm on the public slut path and she doesn't appear on the guide so is there a way to get her or is she not implemented yet? and what is this apartment scene people are talking about her only scene that I know of is her giving Karlee clothes for the social media page.
Abella is only ging to be part of Karlee's private path. I have other plans for her public arc.

I downloaded the NOPY version and all the images are busted for me.
I suspect you just got the update? That packet is just the images and html for the new stuff. If you download the Image pack from the first page you will get all the older stuff too.

"alex is friend, not food"
So he decided to be a good teacher in a game about mind manipulation huh. o_O
I disagree though, Alex is a feast xD
Yep. He is going to be a good guy. I'm sure the fact that Alex is hot now won't change the way he sees her at all.;)

The minigame does get old fast. Something I think this game could benefit from is achievements for winning the minigames that reward the player with bonuses to using the auto feature. HelloClitty makes things a little better, but late stage attunements also take so much charge that I ran out of money fast. It would also make more sense to increase the work for writing a paper (3 or 4 sessions to complete one paper) and have them boost your weekly income because the paper is probably going to be bought repeatedly in the future by researchers using them for reference.
I do have plans for dealing with the grind aspect of the game going forward. I was going to work on expanding HelloClitty for the next update but we have a bunch of lads out with covid right now and I don't know how many days off I'm going to have this month. That will be a lot more coding than a normal update and I want to make sure I have time.

I also have a character in mind that will allow you to earn more money. I could do it with the paper writing thing but when possible I'm going to address stuff like this with more content rather than more mechanical stuff.

I 100% get it if that stuff is frustrating to people right now. I am thinking of fixes for it. The simple thing to do would be to just lower all the numbers but I think the game will be better if you as the MC can overcome all that stuff by getting HelloClitty or the money character I have in mind under your control. That is after all what the game is about, so whenever possible I'm going to use that as the method to address issues.

I only have so many days off every month and can only make so much progress with each update. I am hearing the feedback and will be addressing it. Its just going to take me some time.

Reactions: Tur2 and Henry73au

Orrangutang

May 11, 2019
Agree with some of the other comments that the "charging" minigame is annoying to the point of wanting to just quit playing the game. Concept needs to be completely reworked into something more interesting (or dropped altogether) to make the game worth playing going forward.

Would also recommend making the Elliot stuff optional to move things forward with Romi. Leave it in there for the players interested in that stuff, but give players a way to circumvent it.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes