HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.35] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

hellspawn96

Jul 27, 2019
Grab the two "image pack" downloads, unpacking both into the same folder. Then grab the 0.12.2 bugfix html.
Yeah ive tried extracting them into the same folder in multiple ways, but its not working. its either no images at all, or no updates at all. it should just be released as one fuckin download. good game, but jesus fuck the file bullshit is infuriating

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Unpack the 2nd one on top of the first. Then grab the bugfix link which is the latest version of the html. Throw that in the same folder where the combined Images subfolder is kept.

Yeah ive tried extracting them into the same folder in multiple ways, but its not working. its either no images at all, or no updates at all. it should just be released as one fuckin download. god game, but jesus fuck the file bullshit is infuriating

Reactions: hellspawn96

forkedtongue

Jun 3, 2020
AJ's next event isn't happening... All I get is:

"There isnt any real point in talking to her untill she has that asignment ready to hand in. Or more accuretaly, until she gets frustrated and gives up on it.
While I'm waiting maybe I should see what Alex is up to?
"

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Their two paths are intertwined so you need to advance Alex now. Also there's a point where AJ will be on hold until Alex has gone to her uncle and come back. Then a few more states later (Alex story at 14) you will finally be able to advance AJ.

Also just finished playtesting 0.13. You will be happy to hear that AJ's story gets continued with it.

AJ's next event isn't happening... All I get is:

"There isnt any real point in talking to her untill she has that asignment ready to hand in. Or more accuretaly, until she gets frustrated and gives up on it.
While I'm waiting maybe I should see what Alex is up to?
"

Reactions: forkedtongue

Draevis

Nov 30, 2019
seem to be missing an image src="Images/Misc/AssGrope.jpg" I've downloaded both the imagepack 2 and the v13 update files.

TheFallen666

Mar 18, 2019
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
View attachment 1341295

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.
hey, when i do this i get a prompt that says its not defined so no idea what im doing wrong

prizmant

Nov 13, 2016
If you loaded from an old save and can't progress with AJ try entering "SugarCube.State.variables.ajRepeat = 0" in browser console and speak with AJ again.

Reactions: stefbou

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I'm assuming your F12 button brought up the console already. If not, it may be a problem with whatever browser you are using. F12 is the standard mapping for Firefox and Chrome.

The names are case sensitive. If you fat fingered typing something, that undefined message is what you get.

hey, when i do this i get a prompt that says its not defined so no idea what im doing wrong

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
You need a minimum level of charge for her (can't remember the amount). Also when this came up for me, I think I had to let a day pass for the bus route links to update. Not that it probably matters, but I also had HelloKlitty progressed to the point where I had a link for her house.

Anyone know what to do with AJ when the guide says " Once I have a charge ready with her, I should get the bus out to her place in the evening"

I click on the bus but I can only get to the Warehouse

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Anyone know what to do with AJ when the guide says " Once I have a charge ready with her, I should get the bus out to her place in the evening"

I click on the bus but I can only get to the Warehouse
You have to use the app on her in school afternoon

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
I'm a big fan of this game, I like it too much, when will the public route of AJ and Alex arrive? will it be able to make her less nerdy and even reduce her intelligence?

Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
View attachment 1341295

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.
Not sure if I'm missing some thing or not but when I try and start this method I get a reference error stating that sugarcube is not defined, nor does any thing else seem to be defined.

NVM you can't copy past the data and must type it manually

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
When I'm on the public path of India has a warning about a bimbo path that does not progress and whenever I try to continue the path India falls into the same question whether I want the bimbo route or not.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes