• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.35] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Yes. The javascript console is a standard function of web browsers that have a keyboard. I haven't tried doing it on phone based browsers so don't know how the f12 mapping would be handled by gestures or whether it is even enabled.

Is it possible to do this playing in a web browser? I'm on Mopoga with Firefox and don't know enough about computers to know. Thanks

Jackie Crow

Feb 16, 2022
can't select bimbo path for India.....keeps telling me i've already attuned to her.
When I'm on the public path of India, there’s a warning about a bimbo path that does not progress and whenever I try to continue the path,It's the same thing, keeps telling me I've already attuned to her.

Reactions: Madarahyuuga

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Bimbo path is something AO threw in early on and hasn't done much with (yet) since. It also was going to not just be India where it would be implemented if I remember right. I guess it was sort of left hanging without a proper end of content marker.

Funny thing about this. I'm doing another playthrough of Bimbo Life Coarch now that it has had a major revamp and this question comes up :D

can't select bimbo path for India.....keeps telling me i've already attuned to her.
When I'm on the public path of India, there’s a warning about a bimbo path that does not progress and whenever I try to continue the path,It's the same thing, keeps telling me I've already attuned to her.

Reactions: Jackie Crow

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Bimbo path is something AO threw in early on and hasn't done much with (yet) since. It also was going to not just be India where it would be implemented if I remember right. I guess it was sort of left hanging without a proper end of content marker.

Funny thing about this. I'm doing another playthrough of Bimbo Life Coarch now that it has had a major revamp and this question comes up :D
I gave up on BLC around the time it was abandoned by the original dev and the new dev team didn't seem to know what to do with it—or at least not to want to continue in the direction already laid down. Has the revamp improved things, d'you think?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
It had been a few years since my last go round, and I can't even remember much of what might have changed. It takes so long to grind through that I haven't gotten to any new content yet other than what was changed in early story. The gui seems to be easier to deal with, and I've found myself less annoyed with points where back history is disabled so the dev can troll you about forgetting an event.

It's one of the few bimbo oriented games that I actually enjoyed because of its original approach to the subject and its more expansive treatment of the stereotype to include models other than the blonde blow up doll look. Too bad the original dev was too straight to want to include trap characters and their development. There's an obvious plot point or two where someone else could write in such a story line.

I gave up on BLC around the time it was abandoned by the original dev and the new dev team didn't seem to know what to do with it—or at least not to want to continue in the direction already laid down. Has the revamp improved things, d'you think?

Reactions: gregers

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Thanks again for the save. I think I actually got it this time. Bugfix on front page

Wasn't this where I could adjust the number of servers each week? I seem to
have lost the ability to choose.
I mean, it's not really a big deal as I don't mind just letting the charge build, but
thought I'd ask. I'm running the latest version and patch.

(my current charge is 5012)

It's payday today.
7288 + 100
—————————-
Your site gained 1 subs this week.

Total subs 18.
7388 + 54
—————————-

You can afford to run 13 servers of the available 13. Each server is $50 per week. How many would you like to pay for this week?
Charge generated over night = 48

Wake Up
Still can't find where this broke. The variable only gets set in one place and I can't see that being the issue. I added something that should fix the problem when you sleep.

Let me know if it works for you. Thanks

TarlZaralka

Dec 13, 2018
Hit F12 and your browser will pop up a Javascript console window to the right of the VN. I'm going to paste this screenshot of my chromium with the javascript console open. Note that I've already done the things that I will talk about next.
View attachment 1341295

The first thing I did was type "Sugarcube.State.variables.charge" at the ">" prompt in that window and hit enter. That returns a 0 which is the current charge on the phone as you can see in the content window as "Charge: 0". Note that as you type, the console will automatically populate a popdown list with possible completions. So after typing only "Sugar" I can just hit the right arrow key and it will fill that out as "SugarCube". Then I typed ".State.var" and that was enough to let me hit the right arrow key again to have it fill out "variables". So you don't have to type all this everytime and worry about it being incorrect.

I hit the "up arrow" key to recall all of that and just typed "=40" to set it to 40. Note that the content window on the left is in suspended animation while the console is open. So that "Charge: 0" won't change to "Charge: 40" until after I close the console window by clicking the "x" gadget in its upper right and then click something to go into the next passage.

I did "up arrow" again and then used backspace to erase the ".charge". This showed all of the variables in effect for the VN but as a "closed two line tree between "{" and "}" with a small ellipses "..." at the very right. To open it up as the full scrollable list I clicked on that "..." and we see the first page full of variables and values. I can now use "up arrow" and then type out individual variable names to peek and then use "=" with a new value to poke.

Congratulations. You now know how to hack 95% of Twine games since just about everybody uses SugarCube format and don't know how to change where the variable storage is hidden.
I keep getting an Uncaught ReferenceError: Sugarcube is not defined

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Thanks again for the save. I think I actually got it this time. Bugfix on front page

Still can't find where this broke. The variable only gets set in one place and I can't see that being the issue. I added something that should fix the problem when you sleep.

Let me know if it works for you. Thanks
Cleared up after sleeping. Musta been some old holdover.

Mrwhysper

Oct 13, 2019
I’ve been quietly playing Sluttown for quite a bit now. Only just came across Oh Hyp-no! and To Train A T-girl last night. I binged through both of them, mainly because it was fascinating to see Jacob’s (MC) slow personal corruption. Personally I think you should package these two WITH Sluttown (or at least give a link to them to give a little insight into the lead’s backstory, and his slow change from the idealist at the beginning of To Train A T-girl (who is offended when he believes that one of his roommates is forcing another to transition) into an amoral scheming rogue (who feels totally justified in changing his demonstrably male if effeminate cousin into a cock craving sissy through Pavlovian Instrumental Transfer).

And that’s not criticism either. I’m pretty sure I’d do the same thing in his place. Especially if I had an aunt that looked like Romi Rain.

Now… I have to ask… do you, AO, have a background in psychology at all? It sort of reads as though you’ve had more than Psych 101.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Cleared up after sleeping. Musta been some old holdover.
Hopefully it stays fixed this time.

I’ve been quietly playing Sluttown for quite a bit now. Only just came across Oh Hyp-no! and To Train A T-girl last night. I binged through both of them, mainly because it was fascinating to see Jacob’s (MC) slow personal corruption. Personally I think you should package these two WITH Sluttown (or at least give a link to them to give a little insight into the lead’s backstory, and his slow change from the idealist at the beginning of To Train A T-girl (who is offended when he believes that one of his roommates is forcing another to transition) into an amoral scheming rogue (who feels totally justified in changing his demonstrably male if effeminate cousin into a cock craving sissy through Pavlovian Instrumental Transfer).

And that’s not criticism either. I’m pretty sure I’d do the same thing in his place. Especially if I had an aunt that looked like Romi Rain.

Now… I have to ask… do you, AO, have a background in psychology at all? It sort of reads as though you’ve had more than Psych 101.
I thought about giving people more of a pointer to the other games but T-girl is a type of content that a lot of people dont like and Hip-No is pretty rough from a coding and playing perspective. Having the links on the front page and letting people play them if they want feels like the best way to deal with it. FYI, you might want to dig into "Home is where the whores is" if you enjoyed this months update.

Not a bit. Judging by one or two comments on here I think I've stumbled bass akwards into one or two ideas that actually make sense though, which is nice.

I think it's more a function of how much writing I do and the fact that I like games with characters you can get to know well. I've probably written the bones of a full novel for this thing already across all characters. Couldn't help but sound smart once or twice i guess.:geek:

Mrwhysper

Oct 13, 2019
much writing I do and the fact that I like games with characters you can get to know well. I've probably written the bones of a full novel for this thing already across all characters. Couldn't help but sound smart once or twice i guess.:geek:
As a writer myself, I can relate. As a writer of erotic fiction, I can doubly relate, and as a writer of mind control erotic fiction, I’m fairly certain I’m on a couple government watch lists based on my search history and the weird Wikipedia rabbit holes I end up going down.

Either way, I eagerly await the next installment.

Reactions: AmusingOddity

nunyadam

Mar 11, 2022
Double or nothing minigame is way too long. I must have done 20+ and it still wasn't over.

Edit: I've come to believe this was a bug

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I've renamed the Aunt to Bitch and India to Mom(of course)

Makes for some really funny dialogs in the game such as when they get home from
going out drinking.
(course I'm weird so ymmv...)

Cheers

evgen71

Jul 21, 2022
I should ask Blake to stay after class and make sure he isn't trying to pull anything with Alex. where can it be found?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
If he isn't in the classroom, try the corridor where we find AJ a lot or else MC's office.

I should ask Blake to stay after class and make sure he isn't trying to pull anything with Alex. where can it be found?

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes