HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.36] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
What does your stats link look like? Have you progressed the mother at all yet?

Ok tried that had well over 20 currently at 140 but no "Emergency" hypnotize option has shone up. Also I can't get any movement on Jessica I keep doing Papers but only get the same conversation & that same one any time I talk to her in the teachers lounge

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I got him to add the automatic link on the color word game. Maybe he'll do something similar with this. OTOH you can always do double click highlight, and middle button/mousewheel paste on Linux or the ole ctrl-c, ctrl-v combo on both it and Winders.

I can't get past the coding mini game because I only have 2 hands.

Lordikai02

Feb 6, 2019
I got him to add the automatic link on the color word game. Maybe he'll do something similar with this. OTOH you can always do double click highlight, and middle button/mousewheel paste on Linux or the ole ctrl-c, ctrl-v combo on both it and Winders.
even with the "ole ctrl-c, ctrl-v combo", its not enough time. i barely have enough time to do 3/4 of the steps before it times out

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
even with the "ole ctrl-c, ctrl-v combo", its not enough time. i barely have enough time to do 3/4 of the steps before it times out
It's easier to just type the words than to try and futz around with the mouse. Just remember to hold shift for the first letter.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
If you edit the html file search for "timed 3s". You should see yourself around this section of code:

Code:
    [[Finish|Coding]]
<<else>>
    <<if $maxCharge <= 5>>\
        <<timed 3s>><<goto "Submit">> <<set $timedOut to 1>><</timed>>
    <<elseif $maxCharge <= 8>>\
        <<timed 4s>><<goto "Submit">> <<set $timedOut to 1>><</timed>>
    <<elseif $maxCharge <= 12>>\
    <</if>>
    Key in the selected word and hit submit before time runs out.

<p class="big">$word:</p> <<textbox "$s
Those timed tags are what you want to play with to increase the grace period. The 3 second timer is for early game when you can add a max of 5 to the phone for each charge. The other 2 increase it to 4 seconds when you get further along in coding progress.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
You may need to progress the mother first. What entries do you have in the guide link?

How many papers do you need to move forward with Jessica? I write one I get the checking in message over and over and over....

thewingfan

Dec 22, 2018
I'm meating her in the evenings and just made had to choose public or private.
OK I didn't realize I needed to progress with the fam first but that makes sense-thanks!

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
The paper writing stage should be at the very beginning. Did you at least teach a class and meet the two students? You should be in your office on a weekday afternoon and just have her automatically knock on the door. The stage after that requires a minimum phone charge (20?) and I don't remember if she is in the lounge or your office for it. After that it's all attune in the lounge and progress her in your office.

Ok I'm at the end of te mom's content and still can't get anywhere with Jessica.

Lordikai02

Feb 6, 2019
It's easier to just type the words than to try and futz around with the mouse. Just remember to hold shift for the first letter.
Then im left with the problem of not being able to type fast enough. i appreciate the help but i think ill have to sit out the coding until they change the time (if they change the time)

Lordikai02

Feb 6, 2019
If you edit the html file search for "timed 3s". You should see yourself around this section of code:

Code:
    [[Finish|Coding]]
<<else>>
    <<if $maxCharge <= 5>>\
        <<timed 3s>><<goto "Submit">> <<set $timedOut to 1>><</timed>>
    <<elseif $maxCharge <= 8>>\
    <<elseif $maxCharge <= 12>>\
    <</if>>
    Key in the selected word and hit submit before time runs out.

<p class="big">$word:</p> <<textbox "$s
Those timed tags are what you want to play with to increase the grace period. The 3 second timer is for early game when you can add a max of 5 to the phone for each charge. The other 2 increase it to 4 seconds when you get further along in coding progress.
ill try and see if i can do this, though i lack the technical skill most people have on here (and apparently the typing speed). i appreciate the assistance, but i think my best bet is to wait and see if/when they change this

thewingfan

Dec 22, 2018
I'll stat over because I must have screwed ut ip but I did meet AJ when she was trying to get ALex to do her homework. After that I need to progress with mom to the point she talks about her?

hoobastank404

Aug 11, 2017
I'll stat over because I must have screwed ut ip but I did meet AJ when she was trying to get ALex to do her homework. After that I need to progress with mom to the point she talks about her?
There's an HTML only update on the front page and the file name has 'jess only update' in it. That's your fix right there. (y)

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I forgot about that update. We've been passing stuff privately, so I've not noticed what's on the front page here.

There's an HTML only update on the front page and the file name has 'jess only update' in it. That's your fix right there. (y)

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Did you start with the html only update for July 4th posted on the front page? There were trigger bugs in earlier versions of Jessica's story at least. I don't know if using this to load a later stage save will cause the events to trigger finally.

I've completed all limes but Kalee & Jessica as I can't get anything to occur

thewingfan

Dec 22, 2018
Did you start with the html only update for July 4th posted on the front page? There were trigger bugs in earlier versions of Jessica's story at least. I don't know if using this to load a later stage save will cause the events to trigger finally.
I used bug fix 4 because I thought it included that one I'll try the other one tonight-thanks!

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes