4.00 star(s) 10 Votes

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
this makes it even more frustrating -_-

imagine putting time and effort in something and it get well received by peeps, only to drop it and start another thing, which also gets well received, and then you drop it and go one for a third project :ROFLMAO:

i don't get devs like that at all
Creative people are often like that. And these days, digital artists aren't that different than traditional ones, especially with young people who've grown up with it.

elmicho

Feb 13, 2020
Creative people are often like that. And these days, digital artists aren't that different than traditional ones, especially with young people who've grown up with it.
I wouldn't really call Cheesecake creative, his work is amazing yes, no denying that

but i get what you're saying

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
I just found this game thread and it makes sense now Cheesecake3D abandoned all 3 games, I mean running 3 games at the same time, this was bound to happen

it's such a shame man, such a shame
cheesecake was relatively honest dev, this game had bad backlash so he made two other games. godson wasn't doing as well as he had hoped.

dude really put effort into his game, renders were always beautiful

elmicho

Feb 13, 2020
cheesecake was relatively honest dev, this game had bad backlash so he made two other games. godson wasn't doing as well as he had hoped.

dude really put effort into his game, renders were always beautiful
he indeed did put in the effort and the time, just said to see it all go to waste

IMMR22

Mar 9, 2020
Well if i learned something from these kind of experiences is that investing in a "one man project" is very risky since they tend to get frustrated, demoralized, or are force to quit because of Real life issues. Well at least Cheese is working in a project with other people so i guess is just about waiting to see what games is that.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Well if i learned something from these kind of experiences is that investing in a "one man project" is very risky since they tend to get frustrated, demoralized, or are force to quit because of Real life issues.
Now, think about all the guys thinking/waiting to see the end of AWAM. Long development cycles are the riskiest bets. Even AAA studios, filled with dozens of talented Devs/Teams, broke their teeth for less than that. So, nah, I will never put my trust in a Lone Ranger surfing on long development cycles. NO WAY.

Reactions: IMMR22

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Well if i learned something from these kind of experiences is that investing in a "one man project" is very risky since they tend to get frustrated, demoralized, or are force to quit because of Real life issues. Well at least Cheese is working in a project with other people so i guess is just about waiting to see what games is that.
I don't think he got demoralized, he said he was paying for render time to make his games, so obviously the lack of financial support probably meant he couldn't afford to do that anymore, at least at the high quality of output he had. Unless the devs live in a country where the cost of living is like 1/3rd of the US/Western Europe, realistically you need 2k a month to do part time or 4-5k a month to do fulltime. Plus you have to work another job if it's part time. This is work not charity, unfortunately.

I'm sure the braindead comments about non-white MC/Female MC on the first 2 games didn't help either.

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
for cheesecake, bro had amazing talent but struggled with managing a project. another reason he gave up was because whiny losers especially on this site, its why smut story was abandoned cuz reee black mc ree

IMMR22

Mar 9, 2020
My guy, this game has been dead for years. Gundamu0079 summed it up fairly well, just not the struggled with managing a project part. People didn't like this game.

I finally returned from the dead, remaking Godson. for information.
Glad you are back.
Any chances of this game getting a remake too?

Reactions: shirou971
4.00 star(s) 10 Votes