Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,991 44.8%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,586 17.8%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 3,161 35.5%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,461 27.6%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 2,122 23.8%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,882 21.1%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,780 31.2%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,977 22.2%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 848 9.5%

• Total voters

kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020
I actually liked SandStorm but I can't deny that SnowStorm is way better.
Yea, I actually felt weird about posting that because I knew it didn't properly convey how I felt. I didn't mean to sound like I was hating on it. Maybe a better way of saying it is that Sandstorm was fine... It just felt like a letdown as the pacing skyrocketed towards an abrupt end. You pick a path, expecting the story to go on for another 30 minutes, but instead get only 5 minutes before it ends lol. Snowstorm feels much better for sure.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yea, I actually felt weird about posting that because I knew it didn't properly convey how I felt. I didn't mean to sound like I was hating on it. Maybe a better way of saying it is that Sandstorm was fine... It just felt like a letdown as the pacing skyrocketed towards an abrupt end. You pick a path, expecting the story to go on for another 30 minutes, but instead get only 5 minutes before it ends lol. Snowstorm feels much better for sure.
Yeah, it felt rather rushed.
I do agree that the evil path kinda felt the weakest....thought how the MC filled them up like balloons was fun :LOL:

KiwamiLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
I do agree that the evil path kinda felt the weakest....thought how the MC filled them up like balloons was fun :LOL:
I thought it was quite funny, specially in that ending where you basically become the new Anubis.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
I cannot stand this thing with Yrsa's daughter.
The protag goes 'actually, it could totally happen that two redheads have a black haired child because of genetics and stuff!'

No, it's actually quite impossible 'because of genetic'. Red (and blonde, for that matter) hair is a recessive trait, meaning that both parents would have had two copies of the gene for red hair and thus couldn't pass on any other hair colour to their child. The child having 'raven' hair just makes it worse because that's a dominant trait, meaning that it would 'overpower' a recessive gene and thus cannot be present in a ginger or a blonde.
The only way Yrsa isn't a cheater is the miniscule chance that a genetic mutation occurred.

It's genuinely on the level of two Asians having a black kid.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The protag goes 'actually, it could totally happen that two redheads have a black haired child because of genetics and stuff!'

No, it's actually quite impossible 'because of genetic'. Red (and blonde, for that matter) hair is a recessive trait, meaning that both parents would have had two copies of the gene for red hair and thus couldn't pass on any other hair colour to their child. The child having 'raven' hair just makes it worse because that's a dominant trait, meaning that it would 'overpower' a recessive gene and thus cannot be present in a ginger or a blonde.
The only way Yrsa isn't a cheater is the miniscule chance that a genetic mutation occurred.

I really hate that you're making me pull this one out. Quit taking your tenth grade biology lessons as a basis for what is or isn't possible.

"Beaumont et al. (2007) found that only 74% of individuals who were homozygous for tryptophan at position 160 have red hair, while 4% of individuals who were heterozygous for this amino acid had red hair. Box et al. (1997) found five pairs of dizygotic twins which had identical genotypes for the MC1R gene, yet one twin had red hair and the other didn't. Sulem et al. (2007) used the variation at the MC1R gene to try to predict hair color, and about a third of the individuals who were predicted to have red hair actually had blond or brown hair."

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Well, just to create perhaps some discussion... do you people think that SnowStorm's evil route (BB) is more evil than SandStorm's? I started to wonder that as I played through the latest update.
in terms of society yes... probably not as evil as the Ravens Nox route that intends to murder the future with their communism but still!
In terms of personal choices? not even close... what one did to Rhyon when on her love path is beyond despicable,
its even worse if you didn´t add lust into it so it totally breaks her... if you add in lust its still pretty horrible but not as awfull!
in my evil Route i gained Norah trust just to rape her when i caught her stealing...
i mean i had already raped her before so she knew what was comming if she got caught!
if anything i justify myself that she liked the 1st one so baddly that she came for seconds and thieving was just an excuse!
then i sold off Rhyon (she had enough lust to become a total slut instead of a broken bitch...)
and finally to top it all off i also rapped Maddie and betrayed the godess and entered the portal Alone!

did my MC felt bad afterwards? sure...
but i justufy myself that the bitches had it coming for stringing the MC along for ever...
so it was either that or not feeling anything at all since he was dead inside
and those were the sacrifices he made so he could be reborn as a Chad where before he was friendzoned simp!

not to mention that the MC does that while being an enlighted man of the 20th century
in this time frame being raped is like getting yourself burned on the stove while cooking...
doesn´t happen that often but if you get distracted or are clumsy in a viking raid prone region...
So no in this time frame you can actually do "worse" to more people but its not a breaking of trust
or a societal taboo subject, it makes him an "aventurer"
where from were he came or the time he came from it would make him a mass murderer and a sociopath!
So in this society, he can do worse in terms of quantity but not in terms of "quality"!
the social norms are diferent when there is a 10% chance that you might starve when winter comes!

So comimiting 5% of the crimes he did in the Viking era if it was done in the 20th century would make him a monster
here he did the bare minimum to be considered a man... and there are those who will still call him a mercyfull cowardly sissy boy

its more common then you would consider!
actually the hair colour only settles after puberty
so 90% of blondes become light brown later on in life!

but yes there is a chance that it could happen,
but twice the chance that she got rapped or sold herself off for a while to a few ravens!
i mean we all had our crazy years... and crazy years in a viking society...

Just to doublecheck: If I am not on either Candrid's or Katja's paths, there is no content in v0.8BB for me?
Since Yrsa left and became a Dark Raven.
yes!

Last edited:

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
I thought it was quite funny, specially in that ending where you basically become the new Anubis.
Yeah as i said, kinda funny, becoming a god was a nice touche, just not really the LI we got...even the MC was fed up with her after a short while.
Ok, I have never played an evil path in Sandstorm, but you, guys, definitely got me curious :KEK:

I'm still waiting for it on steam, so just might as well give villain route a try in addition to Maddie's one.

Reactions: Nulldev

Gab1

Jul 9, 2018
Maybe in your opinion Nox wouldn't do all these things, the only difference is that she sucks at that game:
- made Lizgard and Katja relive their worst traumatic events to deceive the MC and extort information from him
- prides herself on always being one step ahead of everyone and gets fooled by Candrid and Katja
- boasts knowledge about the gods and knows less than Astrja's father
She sucks
Nox is really smart, she could do what Candrid does but she is a softie, that is why she couldnt do it, You can compare making Lizgard and Katja relive their trauma with killing Ragnar, betray the competitors of the tournament, etc. Candrid is a Woman that will do anything to get what she wants, mind you i love her for that.

But it is true that Nox' ways arent right, she is so obsess with saving the Norse Culture that throws away her people, that is why i think is important that you becomes her equal.

Ok, I have never played an evil path in Sandstorm, but you, guys, definitely got me curious :KEK:
For real, makes me wonder if it will affect in some way the snowstorm game.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Gab1

Jul 9, 2018
The same goes for Nox only less capable, and not because she is a softie
Less capable? She was a leader of the Village, but instead of trying to get the Village for her, she went to help the People that was margined from the Village, that and the fact that she can see the future, so she knows what happen if she go for Candrid path.

I am not trying to defend her believe me, but i dont like how People understimate her, still a lot of what she is acussed is true, she did fail her attemp with Katja and she was bested by Candrid.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
Less capable? She was a leader of the Village, but instead of trying to get the Village for her, she went to help the People that was margined from the Village, that and the fact that she can see the future, so she knows what happen if she go for Candrid path.

I am not trying to defend her believe me, but i dont like how People understimate her, still a lot of what she is acussed is true, she did fail her attemp with Katja and she was bested by Candrid.
Even in her plan to "save Viking magic" her job would be much easier by collaborating with Astrja but she has to discard her on principle

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
well yes, and yet she is still alive and with enough firepower to turn things around!

do remember even tough hardraadad will not be returning 30 ships will!
(harald´s orignal fleet were 300 ... )

his sons will want revenge on those who failed to provide suport!
and with 30 crews of at least 20 dudes (depending on the ships taken a regular drakkar would take around 30 but there where those who could carry up to 90!)

she can still manouver politically, if she can prove Candrid killed the earl and Ragnar as she just might!
she can turn the tables on the bloodybears recover her "people" and thanks to being a witch she can become
the new paragon of the future king of norway Danmark and the north sea,
which was haralds empire... (not the baltic mind you!)
if you want the pagans suport you need to be legitimized and who better but a volva of Nox´s power?

it somehow reminds me of the battle of Moscow, Stalin was fucked, but by sheer luck he survived it!
1st the germans started operation barbarossa 2 months too late cause the Italians invaded the balkans and got bogged down in Greece...
so yes Greece saved the USRR by delaying the german army...
2nd the germans were too stupid to have saved up 3 million Polish soldiers who absolutely hated the Russians
3rd they were even more stupid by not taking over the Ukranian 2 million men army that despised the Russians!
4th the germans divided their forces wrongly they should have pushed harder for either Aztrakan Baku or Moscow instead they dangled around keeping the Russians off balance yes... but loosing too much time!
5th the winter arrived 2 weeks too early compared to "regular" seasons! at the time they were at 80 km´s from Moscow!
6th the japanese inadvertadly betrayed the germans when they let it slip that they would be marching on China and not on eastern Syberia freeing up 5 million men from the eastern army to arrive just in the nick of time to save Moscow!

at the time the Russians had already run(lost) trough the western army and their central army was being grinded down to dust so these soldiers were needed, but had they removed them too early and the japanese might have attacked syberia.. had they moved them too late and Moscow would have fallen and from there to the urals 70 to 80% of the Russian industrial power would be lost plus 80% of their oil in Southern Russia (krasnodar Baku Aztrakhan and so forth)!

so if the analogy stands/holds Nox still has a clear path to victory all she needs to do is bide her time to check who returns from haralds folly ( Harald assumed the northern front was done and he partitioned his army in 3 diferent winter quarters after having failed to destroy the northern english army since they were in negotionations for the northern earls to defect to him...
also the southern army was caught unwares cause it was winter so they didn´t position scouts... the middle army tried to save the southern army and when they arrived they were exausthed and then had to fight a retreating batle and finally the northern army of harald who was at the gates of york got caught beteween the southern Saxon army and the army and walls of york...)

and this is it for today´s history lesson, please copy it clean and present a report tomorrow!

so Nox is still in a strong position, everyone else needs her so she can choose which of the returning princelings she will suport and how they can destroy the bloodybears getting the raven warriors back and perhaps play up to katja to get the cannibals on their side while taking over the white wolves wealth to pay for it all!

cause what did she lost? she still has all her "magical" power and special fallowers, so she lost a cave with dumbwits
its easyer to sustain her current group and if its well hidden she doesn´t need that many rapist brutish and over eating warriors! also the mermaid might have secured an alliance for revenge from the attacked earl... so 100 warriors minimum when payback time comes?

fuck the MC on the Candrid path thanks to that baluart might have saved their sorry asses,
since he is not a contender for the throne nobody is willing to loose months in a siege
while the other contenders for the throne run around amassing wealth and food to get a new army and secure the throne!
So he can probably get quite a few great proposals in exchange for his suport!
beteween the bloodybears the outcasts and the ravens he can easily gather what? 200 - 300 warriors?
thats a force that can tip the scales, thats an earls full military force

Reactions: Real Kreten

Gab1

Jul 9, 2018
well yes, and yet she is still alive and with enough firepower to turn things around!

do remember even tough hardraadad will not be returning 30 ships will!
(harald´s orignal fleet were 300 ... )

his sons will want revenge on those who failed to provide suport!
and with 30 crews of at least 20 dudes (depending on the ships taken a regular drakkar would take around 30 but there where those who could carry up to 90!)

she can still manouver politically, if she can prove Candrid killed the earl and Ragnar as she just might!
she can turn the tables on the bloodybears recover her "people" and thanks to being a witch she can become
the new paragon of the future king of norway Danmark and the north sea,
which was haralds empire... (not the baltic mind you!)
if you want the pagans suport you need to be legitimized and who better but a volva of Nox´s power?

it somehow reminds me of the battle of Moscow, Stalin was fucked, but by sheer luck he survived it!
1st the germans started operation barbarossa 2 months too late cause the Italians invaded the balkans and got bogged down in Greece...
so yes Greece saved the USRR by delaying the german army...
2nd the germans were too stupid to have saved up 3 million Polish soldiers who absolutely hated the Russians
3rd they were even more stupid by not taking over the Ukranian 2 million men army that despised the Russians!
4th the germans divided their forces wrongly they should have pushed harder for either Aztrakan Baku or Moscow instead they dangled around keeping the Russians off balance yes... but loosing too much time!
5th the winter arrived 2 weeks too early compared to "regular" seasons! at the time they were at 80 km´s from Moscow!
6th the japanese inadvertadly betrayed the germans when they let it slip that they would be marching on China and not on eastern Syberia freeing up 5 million men from the eastern army to arrive just in the nick of time to save Moscow!

at the time the Russians had already run(lost) trough the western army and their central army was being grinded down to dust so these soldiers were needed, but had they removed them too early and the japanese might have attacked syberia.. had they moved them too late and Moscow would have fallen and from there to the urals 70 to 80% of the Russian industrial power would be lost plus 80% of their oil in Southern Russia (krasnodar Baku Aztrakhan and so forth)!

so if the analogy stands/holds Nox still has a clear path to victory all she needs to do is bide her time to check who returns from haralds folly ( Harald assumed the northern front was done and he partitioned his army in 3 diferent winter quarters after having failed to destroy the northern english army since they were in negotionations for the northern earls to defect to him...
also the southern army was caught unwares cause it was winter so they didn´t position scouts... the middle army tried to save the southern army and when they arrived they were exausthed and then had to fight a retreating batle and finally the northern army of harald who was at the gates of york got caught beteween the southern Saxon army and the army and walls of york...)

and this is it for today´s history lesson, please copy it clean and present a report tomorrow!

so Nox is still in a strong position, everyone else needs her so she can choose which of the returning princelings she will suport and how they can destroy the bloodybears getting the raven warriors back and perhaps play up to katja to get the cannibals on their side while taking over the white wolves wealth to pay for it all!

cause what did she lost? she still has all her "magical" power and special fallowers, so she lost a cave with dumbwits
its easyer to sustain her current group and if its well hidden she doesn´t need that many rapist brutish and over eating warriors! also the mermaid might have secured an alliance for revenge from the attacked earl... so 100 warriors minimum when payback time comes?

fuck the MC on the Candrid path thanks to that baluart might have saved their sorry asses,
since he is not a contender for the throne nobody is willing to loose months in a siege
while the other contenders for the throne run around amassing wealth and food to get a new army and secure the throne!
So he can probably get quite a few great proposals in exchange for his suport!
beteween the bloodybears the outcasts and the ravens he can easily gather what? 200 - 300 warriors?
thats a force that can tip the scales, thats an earls full military force
Nice story lesson, gotta prepare my report (not).

If Dev follow history it can happens like you said.
Still In the Bloody Bears path, the Mc has the same information, with knowledge Candrid could very well prepare a counter attack.

Of course, Candrid is smart but lets not forget that she is impulsive, that is why the presence of the Mc is so important, he can think calmly and take the better choices, with Mc by her side, Candrid could beat Nox.

Now if Candrid has te fight Nox and the Mc, well i dont think she has a chance, but i still think that if Nox get the upperhand in the relationship the Mc will be betrayed.

Reactions: Warscared
4.30 star(s) 50 Votes