[Solved] Daz 4.10/4.11 animation performance issue

x7mv400

Aug 31, 2019
Also note, even expression dial morphs will add to load, at least that has been the case for me.

Yustu

May 22, 2018
There were 2 problems, and now with TR 3960X I still have one of the issues:

1. some morphs, I don't know with ones, are causing extreme long load times and are recalculated each per frame even when they are not used
2. fresh install, no morphs except for essentials ones, some animations added - unable to playback animation in realtime on G8F on G3F is better but not real time.

Many of features in Baz are single threaded, that's why when comparing i3 vs i9 there is not much of a difference as both can go 4.0 - 4.5+ ST (maybe with OC higher).

Yes I can manage library or i.e. have 2 versions of Daz with different library set up, one for "research" and other one "stable" for actual work. For now I focused more on Blender so I can wait few minutes to export character and because I don't animate in Daz no problem with performenace :).

Blender is efficient oriented and there is a lot that I do like, but there are some aspects that I don't like i.e. no visible gizmo on transformation (any) with IIRC will be added as it's on TODO list, maybe 2.83 ? With import plugins it's possible to import character so that's a huge time saver and with eevee practically 1 sec / frame render times or Cycles/E-Cycles etc. for quality.
But as You mentioned Blender is huge and wrappig Yours head around it will take time.

x7mv400

Aug 31, 2019
1. I remember seeing a similar issue on the Daz forums and someone pin-pointed it to Zeddicus morphs.

but yea after watching a video on animating in Blender, it seems to be miles ahead of Daz. Simplified Dopesheet, animated reference background, different interpolation curve presets & functions.

but since I'm only going for choppy frame-frame animation atm, nothing realtime, I decided to primarily stay in Daz for the moment, with Iclone7 as a animation backup. and some features of Blender like animated reference background,I can setup in Daz.

1 sec render times though? wow, I definitely need to transition to Blender. I've cut my render times in Daz using 3delight/UberIBL to about 30-45 seconds,
quality wise, the renders are on par with (Novice) Iray renders I've seen that took about 2 hours.
I've also used Genesis 8 in Unreal and Unity with AO, and have gotten smooth results.

Does the exporter you use generate a rig with bone controls? or how do you go about animating/translation? from my testing of just pure fbx import it seems almost impossible to animate G8 without a rig, but with one it would open up so many doors.

Last edited:

Yustu

May 22, 2018
You can:

- use Your own rig
- use auto rig (IIRC that's the name)
- use import DUF plugin - this one is cool as it imports actual duf files so not limited to characters -

Here is some quick rende (3 sec, when using rendered viewport, 16 when wired due to textures etc. transfer to GPU) using eevee - took me about 10 min to get this from Daz into Blender + pose character

testing.png

NOTE: Yes, it's ugly quick dirty render :).

- use DazToBlender, but that one can import only characters

Both plugins allow to merge rigs and meshes so shells can be used :)

x7mv400

Aug 31, 2019
The render is not bad, I would probably add some AO, or lower Diffuse roughness(if that is a thing in Blender) for stylized effect, but that is just my preference.
, 10 minutes isn't bad either for a complex base pose +transfer time either.

I would upload a render w my 3delight techniques, but I'm in the process of rebuilding my entire Daz library. maybe today or tomorrow I'll have something setup.

I'll checkout the plugins you listed