4.10 star(s) 154 Votes

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
9.8a has been posted on Patreon about 5h ago. I've attached the changelog below.

I would not recommend using it right now. While testing Monkey, we encountered a UI soft lock that may occur when you remove clothing. When this occurs you can no longer press tab, and can only move the player head. So you lose any progress up to this point.

Bug report has been filed on Discord, and I'm trying to narrow down the repro steps. I suspect this is the input proxy not getting reset.

On the positive side, Monkey appears to be working fine so far. Of course if you encounter any issues, please let me know.

-T-

--

Changes
-Added interactions for upper body clothing.
-When the dialogue options "Show part of the body" or "undress a piece of clothing" are selected, animations will be performed.
-If the "Show part of the body" dialogue option is selected, clothing interactions will be used if they are available.
-You can also gain favor by switching outfits if the new outfit now covers a portion of the body that was previously shown.
-Now, taking pictures generates favorability only if the model agrees to pose for the camera.

Fixes
-When photographing in a different outfit, a large amount of favorability is no longer generated.
-Some pieces of clothing were not undressed when changing outfits.
-When a model's favorability reached its peak, an error was thrown, and the player was frozen while the model spoke. Known issues
-When using custom poses, the neck or head bones behave incorrectly.
-Some clothes come out with the wrong materials; it is very rare.
-Outfit changes are incompatible with clothing items that have been altered by interactions.

gozdal

Jun 1, 2017
thats really strange, are your drivers up to date?
yep, ive checked after update, same problem.
also removing all local files doesn`t help at all. files from appdata and my docs

EDIT. i`ve fixed it. seemes like game doesnt like to be in folder hidden by method, when i renamed folder all worked, monkey and issue with penis lol

Last edited:

CubeRhythm

Jul 9, 2022
I got Better Experience loaded, I don't want the full consent stuff (wanna work for my price I guess) but I do want the alternate genetics, any way I can set the consent to default?

Edit I just unguided the personality settings
View attachment 2168265
Does anyone know if it's still possible to do this in the newest version? When I pull up alternative genetics with the f7 key I can see the values for personality in a new tab but there's like 100 of them and they're all in spanish. I just want to use the better genetics without the personality cheats.

qwertyuq123

Dec 21, 2017
I just want to use the better genetics without the personality cheats
Me too. But it is very bad at searching for hundreds of values. It fails even at 4 butt size related values. And tens for some personality aspects is just too hard.

You still can unguide in latest version: unguide, save, and restart game. You may also need to press Reset button for each pool to make it forget everything.

But I cannot recommend alternative genetics for personality. You can use enable button from screenshot to disable personality related pools, and use game's genetic algorithm. It will be more diverse.

While alternative genetics may look fun to watch, it completely ruins actual gameplay fun. I made some attempts to train AG through game's autorating profiles. With additional patches, it took 3k ratings to reach "Low" values instead of "Very Low" of sluttify or AG. And result was not very good(due to how profiles rate). I wouldn't call it low difficulty. And 3k ratings is not a thing you want to do by hand.

Good part, I'm making new thing: photo-rating. Drop few character portraits to auto-rating profile, and it will use them to auto-rate appearance and assist in character generation, so game wont run too far away from profile. Early results look promising, it still provides visual quality similar to AG, while using much less complex code. Another nice part, is that when it is used with sluttified template, it just gives easy start: game's 0 level models are so random, that it provides quite diverse output. And you can tune difficulty by dropping new portrait into profile.

I think I'll upload some demo after 0.9.8 or 0.9.8.1 leaks.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Good part, I'm making new thing: photo-rating. Drop few character portraits to auto-rating profile, and it will use them to auto-rate appearance and assist in character generation, so game wont run too far away from profile. Early results look promising, it still provides visual quality similar to AG, while using much less complex code. Another nice part, is that when it is used with sluttified template, it just gives easy start: game's 0 level models are so random, that it provides quite diverse output. And you can tune difficulty by dropping new portrait into profile.

I think I'll upload some demo after 0.9.8 or 0.9.8.1 leaks.
Will there be a way to determine matching levels for certain characteristics? For example, I may want all of the women to follow a certain preferred body type and figure, but I don't care as much about the hair color, style, skin tones, etc. It would be great to allow for certain levels of variance so this doesn't end up becoming a clone generator.

qwertyuq123

Dec 21, 2017
Will there be a way to determine matching levels for certain characteristics? For example, I may want all of the women to follow a certain preferred body type and figure, but I don't care as much about the hair color, style, skin tones, etc. It would be great to allow for certain levels of variance so this doesn't end up becoming a clone generator.
Yeah, for each gene it computes mean and standard deviation. This way it tries to detect the most significant values for this profile and flatten anomalies. Lower variance => higher probability.

When game generates level 1 character(which is quite random), it is pushed towards mean value with non linear strength, that depends on score. Non linearity here prevents fast averaging. And additionally there's some randomness, reducing how far it will move, to avoid collapse to average, and make things interesting.

If value is within statistical expectation, it remains unchanged. Styles, colors and other strange things are not averaged, and pushed towards nearest (whatever that means).

It never changes personality traits because I don't understand how they work, and don't want to now. That's why it works with auto-rating profile to ask for personality rating. And this competition is part of diverse personality output.

Pictures are arranged as a few folders: there's separate dir for appearance, personality, and for each slider. So you can drop generally nice chars into appearance, and drop big breasted ones into breasts dir to force bigger boobs. Group's directory override more general one, so there's no need to think about other folders.

Grain of salt: at this moment levels 2,3 may collapse into clones as game tries to choose best variant.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
And what is wrong with my cape ?????
I look good in it ,,, it's the lycra pants i'm self conscious about

9.8a

Side note,, as Thora said Monkey currently freezes the game... playing without it i have not experienced any issues
Thanks for sharing!

I don't think it's just Monkey freezing the game. I'm playing 0.9.8a without mods and I get locked (can't WASD move, can't interact with model) every time if a model refuses a request and I'm either skipping the messages by holding [Ctrl] key or if I click anywhere on screen to dismiss the dialog message.

Seems to not lock if you click directly on the message next button. I can still access the main menu with [Esc] key so as a workaround I just reload save with the Continue option.

Probably best to hang on and play an earlier game version until this is fixed.

bloodbeetle

May 13, 2018
And what is wrong with my cape ?????
I look good in it ,,, it's the lycra pants i'm self conscious about

9.8a

Side note,, as Thora said Monkey currently freezes the game... playing without it i have not experienced any issues
The bug has been fixed, SMA 0.9.8b has been released.

Could you please please post that one aswell?

Reactions: rebL and getboros
4.10 star(s) 154 Votes