Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

JackHammer

May 30, 2017
Why is this thread now full of AI generated stuff? What happened to the sprite-remixes and actual fan-art?
It's more the latter right now than the former, I guess. The AI stuff is fan art. If people want to do sprite remixes, that's cool too. Plus, there's like 150 pages of that here already. Enjoy the variety!

Reactions: Jimwalrus

deadshots2842

Apr 30, 2023
Why is this thread now full of AI generated stuff? What happened to the sprite-remixes and actual fan-art?
I mean there's only so much can de done by just remixing art and it's also time consuming. If AI helps getting new things in same or similar art style I don't see problem in that. Also I love this
games art style there for wanting more in similar art.

NuYellow

May 2, 2021
I'm starting to think we're losing the original purpose of this thread
The sub as far as I know is about SU and using sprites of the game to create new things to wait the next SU updates. It's not about sharing random arts of DC characters. it's why I feel that sharing 3D arts of my own 3D models of DC characters wouldn't fit. Especially when you could promote a business.

I thought it was a place for people wanting to see more of Sunset artstyle for the fans. Maybe it could be more fitting to create a new forum if it overshadows the sprites remix made by the fans.
The thread is mostly a gathering hub for people who are interested in finding out ways to modified ingame assets, and express they love for characters ingame that they are passionate about. It didn't limited to ingame spites from the begining, as we have had talks about 3D interputation and AI background for different projects along the way. So I dont really think AI should be excluded if it is fan who are creating them.

But as far as my opinion goes, the only thing commonly shares between asset edits and AI generation is this discussion space only. Spite edits are made because the person feel like they can interput SU differently from its original format, be it the same background or characters. Besides our normal experiment on rematching different spites, fan edits like from MusicVideoGuy and _edit both use assets to visualize different SU storytelling methods. You can even go to create new background and characters, if you are as skilled as Lovekaurt and vyv_ilya. For most of us, this is an individual size project, AI could be a good helping tool if it can shape as we like , but then when it lacks thereof, what can you extract from it for yourself?

At the end, the edits that you made should be for yourself alone, since this is just fan projects and the exchange we made to share our personal fantasy. Cheers, and keep up the good work if you have something cooking.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes