sperg

Aug 6, 2017
while it is disappointing at least we are given a time frame unlike some devs who say it's delayed then say or do nothing, then you finally get a small update several months later. Like Akabur, no one knows whenever he gets stuff done but usually it takes like half a year for him to do one update.

LockeKosta

Sep 25, 2018
Ahh, vintage Locke; stay classy, brother!
Yeah, I know most people just dismiss when I write something like that and go, "ZOMG! He wrote so many words! Must be so mad and emotional." When the truth is far from that. I used to write 6000 publishable words every morning from 9am - 12pm for years. It just flows.

But I understand its easier to jump to assumptions and do the ZOMG bit than bother reading. And I accept its just how some people are going to react.

Reactions: Azie

andy776661

Oct 8, 2017
Why dont SR7 let someone do coding,writing instead of doing everything by himself. Coding is something that less personal style,if you dont tell nothing look different and what does the meaning of set up GG if he want to do the game by himself?(sorry my english is poor)

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
You know why I love the hell out of this team? Transparency. They own their mistakes. Unlike some devs who just make the excuse and say Coming Soon* or devs that literally say nothing for months, these guys make an effort to stay connected to everyone. EVERYONE. For that they will always have my faith and understanding.

But seriously my dudes, the let down sucks especially at 2am pst. Godspeed, good luck.
Transparency doesn't really absolve them of constant delays, buggy releases, releases missing content, releases with tiny amounts of content and so on, all while pulling in $12,000 a month. Owning your mistakes just means you made repeated mistakes.

LockeKosta

Sep 25, 2018
Transparency doesn't really absolve them of constant delays, buggy releases, releases missing content, releases with tiny amounts of content and so on, all while pulling in $12,000 a month. Owning your mistakes just means you made repeated mistakes.
I think you're in the wrong thread. This is for Something Unlimited, the game who's last update was one of its smallest with 9 new sex scenes and more that was made in a two month time span - who's "buggy release" was fixed within 12 hours. And has delayed less than a handful of times in 4 years.

Kraven213

Sep 7, 2018
Their trip wasn't "goin ta Didney Worl! and riding roller coasters". Yeah, they took advantage of the trip a bit and did go to two tourist places, but the vast majority of our time was spent on the business. Hammering out legalese details, planning for the future, talking about this build and the next 3, etc. It was first and foremost a business trip, one we'd already put off multiple times and finally got to the point where it just needed to be done. And we handled our business.

The dates are there to keep everyone informed, as are updates to when they get pushed. And yeah, there's a reason game release dates routinely get pushed back. There's a lot in this industry that you can't account for. Had everything worked after a test pass or two, the build would've released on time even with the last delay and the trip. Unfortunately, that didn't quite happen. And yeah, we still could've put out a build today by just cutting the content that wasn't quite right yet, but we've chosen not to do that. If that means to you have dates don't mean anything, that's your prerogative. But I know for a fact most people would rather be kept informed as to our intentions and what happens than not.

I'm not going to bother talking about the realities of game development, funding and how pay-per-release would make the vast number of nsfw projects impossible. If you don't like it, don't pledge. (Which, to be honest, I'd bet money you're not doing anyway considering this is something brought up 99% of the time by people who'd never financially support a dev team regardless of circumstance.)

As for the bleed issue, I don't recall someone asking that, but if they had then the answer would've correctly been no because we didn't think it would. We're not prophets. If everything had gone according to the plan, it wouldn't have happened. But it didn't. We didn't know there'd be an inordinate amount of bugs. We didn't know SR7 would get painful migraines for 24 hours after flying.

Allow me to dispel some bullshit: The Raven Update Was NOT "Buggy as Hell"

I can't express in words just how sick I am of seeing that. It was a simple switch and the fix was up in less than 12 hours. That's not "buggy as hell" by any stretch of the imagination. The sky isn't falling, Chicken Little. Stop over-exaggerating.

And finally, the main reason I'm addressing this on my personal account, I wrote both posts. I'll admit in retrospect that I can see how some people misconstrued the Who's that Pokemon post as "Piss-off", but that's not at all how it was intended. It was sincere, albeit exaggerated. What I think happened is that I swapped gears from happy-go-lucky teaser to we-might-need-to-delay in less than a minute and the first tone bled into the next.

Honestly, there was internal debate about saying anything at all until SR7 finished his assessment, but we ultimately chose to be upfront and let people know about the potential for a delay as soon as possible. At that time, there was still a very real chance SR7 looked at the test feedback and said, "Yeah, no problem, I can clean this up and still make launch comfortably."

I appreciate that you feel strongly enough about the project and our team to write all of this. But you're off-base with your assumptions, ill-informed, overly-exaggerating like crazy, and talking about things you don't have any actual experience with as if you do.

On time would be today, March 31st our time, so that wouldn't exactly work. You might want to pay attention to our Patreon come April Fo- I mean, April 1st, though. ; )
Thank you Sir, you are a true gentleman, and thank you for all you efforts, i know the whole team are doing their best and wish you guys the best

Reactions: LockeKosta

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Currently in the game going by a walkthrough for Ivy....it says for her bordello scene to do so at the bordello with batgirl in a room...I've done exactly that but the scene has not shown up. Any pointers for how to acquire it?

raycala

Dec 21, 2017
Well, considering this is the end of the roadmap, it could be a good time to get rid of the hated timed release? Just give an estimate and release it when it's ready.

About the delay, kinda expected it, feels like it happens more often than not, but it doesn't really matter. What matters is the quality, and based off the last few releases, that's spot on. Sure bugs will be there, that's just unavoidable in software, but the different developments of the characters fit their personality I think.

Reactions: Danlorn

BrotherJoker

Nov 17, 2018
Going to dispel some myths.

All you need to get the scene with Ivy and Batgirl is to free Ivy and not hire her. That's it. If she's not currently in your inventory and Batgirl is assigned to the brothel you'll get the scene.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
Cruisin’ Right Along – Roadmap to 2.2.4

We’ve gotten through – or rather, soon will get through - our first round of Completion Updates.

To Recap

The round kicked off with Terra in 2.1.9, introducing the first Exhibition scene into SU along with a slew of yacht content, a splash of Tala, and Harley on a leash just for good measure. The yacht stuff proved to be a bit problematic but all-in-all it was a good first outing and we felt like it gave everyone a good idea of how we intended to move forward with these updates and our new communication standards.

What you might not know is that 2.1.9 was also the start of a major behind-the-scenes shift in the development process. The update wasn’t perfect but it still went pretty well, and we were confident going into 2.2.0.

2.1.8 – the yacht event – was development going perfectly, and 2.2.0 was the exact opposite. Of course, everything decided to go wrong when holiday shenanigans were already putting a strain on development– and thus the delay occurred. Then, due to some last-minute tinkering, a switch was forgotten and the Raven content – the big surprise and highlight of the update – wasn’t turned on properly at release.

From the outside looking in, you might think this would be call for a complete rethink of our new process and that we should be in panic mode. The truth is, had we not started revamping the dev process in 2.1.9 and development still operated the old way, 2.2.0 would’ve quite possibly had to be cancelled entirely – or at the very least been much worse.

While from your perspective it may have seemed like things were dire, from ours it was more proof that we were moving in the right direction with the new process. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong, multiple times, and we only wound up a week late. Yeah, the switch at the end made things look and feel a lot worse, but you’re not in bad shape if you can fix and put out an update of what people see as a major problem in less than 12 hours. That’s not really a major issue or, as some people like to put it, “buggy as hell”.

Now, 2.2.1 we mostly did to ourselves. The argument could certainly be made that we should’ve taken the time to focus on catching up from 2.2.0 and put every other aspect of the business on hold until then. Hopefully, throughout the rest of this year and beyond, most of you will come to understand that our decision not to do benefits everyone in the long run.

As plans come to fruition and more is revealed, we’ll take a look back and explain things in more detail. Maybe we’ll look back and feel validated, that we made the right call, and maybe we’ll feel like idiots. It’ll probably be a mixture of both on a case-by-case basis.
But right now we feel all of you will really enjoy and be pleasantly surprised with the upcoming update, as well as the things we spent the time to set in motion for the rest of this year.

TL:DR, Give Me the Roadmap!

After the first round we think we’ve made it clear how this works, but just in case, keep in mind that these are just the heroines who are the update’s primary focus and not the only ones who’ll receive content.

Also, we’re moving to release windows! It’s something that has been suggested by quite a few patrons, and if the majority of you are okay with it then we’re happy to adjust. We’ll of course shoot for the first date in the release window but, if things come up for whatever reason, you can rest assured the build will be made available within the window. We will still update everyone if the release isn’t going to fall on the first date of the window for whatever reason.

This will also hopefully help us c-ut down on, if not entirely avoid, bug fix builds in the future.

2.2.2 – Batgirl (May 31st – June 6th)
2.2.3 – Vixen (July 31st – Aug 6th)
2.2.4– Supergirl (September 30th – Oct 6th)

Thanks for reading,

Gunsmoke Games

Called two of them (Batgirl and Supergirl), but I would prefer Starfire over Vixen, either way the future looks good.

BastardX

May 13, 2018
Well it will be SWEET when all the characters that we got so far are done.. n after that NEW characters will come forth! :)

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
So far the releases have been more like collecting action figures, (get all the variants). I was glad to see the yacht scenario where it looks like Luthors' main adversaries are going to be other villians when it comes to actual gaming content.

We still really haven't seen any action regarding the heroes. While some of the heroes are boyscouts, others definitely enjoy a more open lifestyle. I find it hard to believe that they're getting blueballed every night for a year and haven't gotten suspicious, . . . What gives?

4.00 star(s) 153 Votes