The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
And here I'm just wanting defloration scenes for the inexperienced superheroines....
I was really looking forward to popping super girl's super cherry and was horribly disappointed..
Doesn't make sense for the older heroines but the younger ones: Batgirl, Stargirl, Supergirl, Artemis, Miss Martian, Clone Terra... would of been nice, a good way to seal that they are Lex's and break them by taking/making them give him their first times.

Oct 8, 2017
Honestly all the ESL typos and language errors in the game get kind of annoying, especially when a lot of the same phrases are reused over and over again. I'd go in and fix them myself, but I've not got the first clue about coding and SU's code is apparently notoriously messy so I don't even know if it's a feasible idea
Hey, never said it was feasible, I just want to try lol. Speaking of...

I tried to find some dialogue text file, but I didn't know where to get it.
I sorta found it, sorta didn't. I opened up some of the files in the "Data" folder despite not knowing what type of file they are exactly, and I did find some of the dialogue. "level0" has the disclaimer, "level1" has at least part of the interaction between Lex, Roulette, and Tala, and I think "level3" has the first scene with Mercy, but it's a lot to sift through even with ctrl+f. So, if I understand what i'm seeing right, every scene is its own "level" file. On the one hand, that's super useful for finding a specific line of dialogue as long as you know when it happens. On the other, its fucking impossible to sort through these things because I don't know what kind of files they are. So, I'm at a bit of a stand still until I figure out what's going on there or someone just tells me.

LutherSpy42

Jun 15, 2018
Darci Mason is unlocked by going to the robotics lab every day so Lex can repair it. Then once repaired, go to the hideout, and it should trigger Darci Mason. Head back to the robotics lab so you can repair Darci and Darci should be there. After fully repairing Darci, Darci will be in one of your cells.

buff

May 29, 2017
I don't agree with this sentiment when it comes to handdrawn images. Illusion games sure but anything hand drawn or Daz created has been released every 2 months or more now. It is a lot more time consuming to produce. Either due to Daz long render times on med to low end comps and hand drawing images takes a lot of work on the artist. Also, the quality of content has been a LOT more since then. before you were lucky if you got a few scenes for one character. Now its 3 to full completion. That is definately and improvement overall.

I never remember this game being more than a Open Sandbox VN, and I've been playing since we only had batgirl, huntress, and canary and not even the meta bordello. I don't really know where Ixiah is coming from on that one.
The art isn't the problem. Writing a scene might take a few hours of coding followed by an hour of debugging, but writing a dozen scenes could easily take weeks of debugging because (a) the interactions are far more complex, (b) the changes are less fresh in your mind, and (c) the fixes will have to involve altering more (new) code. That's just the nature of all programming that is more sophisticated than purely linear content addition.

Compounding this, you have an amateur programmer with a poor methodology (everything is flags) using an inadequate framework (fungus); that means change are more difficult than they should be and you're going to have a lot of bugs. The laws of software engineering tell us that as this project grows the percentage of work time that SR7 spends drawing is dropping as the programming and debugging become more difficult.

"Release early/Release often" does mean more overhead in the form of creating software releases, but on a nontrivial project you more than make up for that by getting your testing (and therefore debugging) coming in a steady flow of issues with recent changes instead of occasional tidal waves of problems with something you did two months ago.

For the record, the Gunsmoke Games guys did recognize this problem and tried to take the correct action: They hired a professional coder so that SR7 could focus on what he does well (draw and write dialogue). Unfortunately that didn't work out for various reasons-- I have my opinions on the root causes of that one, but suffice to say that I personally wouldn't want Smoke as my boss.

menosky

Aug 3, 2020
now i find other bug in arthemis when i talk the game freeze and no continue more. Is same bug ,same of superwoman.
j'ai le même problème, il faut d'abord faire toutes les discutions avec cheschire "henchwoman", et ensuite tu peux faire les actions

GIBF

Jul 17, 2017
How do you move a save file from one pc to another? I got a new pc and I want to keep my progress but I can't figure out how to transfer it, any ideas?

Reactions: Jack0h
4.00 star(s) 163 Votes