langworthy1264

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I updated from version 20 to version 21, which corrupted a few video's. I download a new version. can someone tell me where I can find the save file? I like to move that file over versus start all over again. Any thoughts?

Deleted member 23006

May 3, 2017
I updated from version 20 to version 21, which corrupted a few video's. I download a new version. can someone tell me where I can find the save file? I like to move that file over versus start all over again. Any thoughts?
Savegames are stored in the Сохранения игр Quest Navigator folder in your documents folder. But every change in the qsp name will create a new folder. So if you only played 0.20 and now 0.21 you should have two folders.

Move your saves from the oldest folder to the new one and you should be golden.

Quacker

The Quacker
Donor
Respected User
Aug 6, 2016
Savegames are stored in the Сохранения игр Quest Navigator folder in your documents folder. But every change in the qsp name will create a new folder. So if you only played 0.20 and now 0.21 you should have two folders.

Move your saves from the oldest folder to the new one and you should be golden.
Well actually yes and no the save files more than likely will be missing stuff as each new version has new stuff added, so the old save file will be compatible to a point. Since the .20 save has the infprmation of the .20 qsp, not the .21 qsp.

Deleted member 23006

May 3, 2017
Well actually yes and no the save files more than likely will be missing stuff as each new version has new stuff added, so the old save file will be compatible to a point. Since the .20 save has the infprmation of the .20 qsp, not the .21 qsp.
Yes but by using the modded file it won't be that hard to edit the variables if one hits a brick wall.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Avenger posted recently that the game will be reduced in size by 40%, which would put it around 4GB-5GB, in the update coming in the next few days.

Not sure if he's added much content, getting the file sizes down seems to have been a big concern of his for the past few updates.

JulienJaden

May 15, 2017
Avenger posted recently that the game will be reduced in size by 40%, which would put it around 4GB-5GB, in the update coming in the next few days.

Not sure if he's added much content, getting the file sizes down seems to have been a big concern of his for the past few updates.
It depends. The file bloat in SoB comes from the video files. If he found the right program to cut them down to a lower resolution, it was as easy as pointing the converter to the unique_npc folder, go have a coffee and delete the redundant full-size webms afterwards.

The odds are fifty-fifty that he made his life harder than he had to when it came to the file size reduction, but there's still a decent chance that content addition was the focus.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Avenger is using webm which makes them pretty small but it's the older VP8 which didn't compress quite as much. So hopefully he's updating to VP9 or going to x265 which both work better. A lot of the videos are also from 720p or 1080p videos. Which I don't really need them that large myself, maybe he'll cut that down too.

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
And the last time I looked, plenty of the old gif's were still in the folders. (And with that, some lines of code pointed to the "new" webm file, but it doesn't [didn't] exist.)

Hoostevall

Aug 15, 2017
I'm having trouble opening this game. I've placed the english qsp, and the cheat qsp into the assets/standalone_contets folder but I get an error in russian. See attached. As well as the location of my qsp files

Quacker

The Quacker
Donor
Respected User
Aug 6, 2016
I'm having trouble opening this game. I've placed the english qsp, and the cheat qsp into the assets/standalone_contets folder but I get an error in russian. See attached. As well as the location of my qsp files
You can only have qsp in that folder the cheat qsp is a english qsp

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
When I copy in other qsp's and cheats I completely rename the file, making sure that the extension is changed as well so the only one ending in qsp is the one I want to run.

Reactions: Hoostevall
4.10 star(s) 26 Votes