NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
That is not at all how the system works and it has never worked like that. And we on this forum have been providing the English version for years. In fact I don't remember Avenger EVER releasing an English version in the entre lifetime of the project.
That's actually not correct. He did release (mostly MTL) english versions usually about 1-2 months after the original for his subscribers back in the days - at least for the last few versions since I've been around. However, I always replaced that with the community translated version as soon as it was ready :) With the sanctions in place, it is very hard to send financial support to Avenger. So I'm afraid his focus might rather be on the next russian BK version than do an english SOB v30 release.

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
It will take you literally years to do it in this manner. Look at Xorgoth's thread in the OP which has an almost fully translated version up until 0.29
Have answered this before, that project is a mess, and don't have time to learn all that if want to play this game. Also, the approach to doing this has already moved farther than just the prologue but decided to stop and see what people thought of the interface change which is really what I'm after, the machine translation is being done at the same time as work a page, instead of breaking everything which how this is coded is not possible but still can make it less prone to it.

Reactions: slexywexy

scummbagg

Oct 21, 2016
That is not at all how the system works and it has never worked like that. And we on this forum have been providing the English version for years. In fact I don't remember Avenger EVER releasing an English version in the entre lifetime of the project.
Try READING. IT HAS WORKED LIKE THIS.
https://f95zone.to/threads/son-of-a-bitch-v0-29-avenger.15/post-7578424

And FYI, Avenger HAS released Eng versions in the past

""My machine translations never had issues and your descriptions of possible issues don't make any sense at all. In fact me, PrEzi, Xorgoth and others have fixed numerous bugs Avenger introduced.""

BULLSHT, like I said, try reading this thread, there are PLENTY of people reporting PLENTY of bugs, in BOTH versions for years.

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016

""My machine translations never had issues and your descriptions of possible issues don't make any sense at all. In fact me, PrEzi, Xorgoth and others have fixed numerous bugs Avenger introduced.""

BULLSHT, like I said, try reading this thread, there are PLENTY of people reporting PLENTY of bugs, in BOTH versions for years.
I Dunno what your angle is, kiddo. But dspeed has been active in this thread for years. And he's been active translating SOB in english for years.

You're actually starting to make an even bigger fool of yourself.

Reactions: cx155 and Tim_457

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017

Most of MTL versions that this thread has comes from dspeed or Prezi. For those years you mentioned, in fact the Translation Project used a few of them to provide quick and dirty translations. Since people usually want stuff now instead of waiting for proper translations, which take awhile to do. Yeah there's been bugs but TP fixed quite a shitload of them. It's much more playable then the MTL ones but of course the MTL ones are mostly automated, so shit happens. Which is probably why dspeed mentioned HIS machine translated versions and not Avengers. Those were yikes.

Mahony

Jun 2, 2017
Tin foil hat moment but is anyone else kinda suspicious about why there's so many accounts in here trying to push for the abandoned tag to be removed before Avenger releases his English translation?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bardolio and al3mu

scummbagg

Oct 21, 2016
I Dunno what your angle is, kiddo. But dspeed has been active in this thread for years. And he's been active translating SOB in english for years.

You're actually starting to make an even bigger fool of yourself.
Kiddo ? LMAO
If people cannot read, that is not my fault, FYI, he isnt the only active "for years"
As for making a fool of myself ? LOL, if stating facts and posting "real issues" is making a fool of myself then thats "your" opinion, I dont care what you think anyway, I call it how it is, if you dont like it, tough.

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
Kiddo ? LMAO
If people cannot read, that is not my fault, FYI, he isnt the only active "for years"
As for making a fool of myself ? LOL, if stating facts and posting "real issues" is making a fool of myself then thats "your" opinion, I dont care what you think anyway, I call it how it is, if you dont like it, tough.
Thanks for proving my point.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Have answered this before, that project is a mess, and don't have time to learn all that if want to play this game. Also, the approach to doing this has already moved farther than just the prologue but decided to stop and see what people thought of the interface change which is really what I'm after, the machine translation is being done at the same time as work a page, instead of breaking everything which how this is coded is not possible but still can make it less prone to it.
The project isn't a mess. In fact, it's an incredibly clean project that uses similar workflows to how professional studios develop games. It's probably the best organised translation project I've ever seen on the forum - it has source control, proper makefile/build instructions, and an ecosphere of tools.

Your project is going to struggle, I can already tell. You "don't want to learn all that", which would take a few hours, so instead are going to repeat thousands of hours of work instead for reasons that I cannot seem to fathom.

Many of the people on this thread are making the same mistake in MTL translations. Several variable names have special characters which don't translate well (and basically all translate into the same variable name which means "error" or something), and sometimes the room order gets messed up in the text file before it gets reimported into QSP. Both are manual fixes which take 5 mins to prevent or solve. Outside of that, the game translates perfectly well.

Reactions: cx155

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
The project isn't a mess. In fact, it's an incredibly clean project that uses similar workflows to how professional studios develop games. It's probably the best organised translation project I've ever seen on the forum - it has source control, proper makefile/build instructions, and an ecosphere of tools.

Your project is going to struggle, I can already tell. You "don't want to learn all that", which would take a few hours, so instead are going to repeat thousands of hours of work instead for reasons that I cannot seem to fathom.

Many of the people on this thread are making the same mistake in MTL translations. Several variable names have special characters which don't translate well (and basically all translate into the same variable name which means "error" or something), and sometimes the room order gets messed up in the text file before it gets reimported into QSP. Both are manual fixes which take 5 mins to prevent or solve. Outside of that, the game translates perfectly well.
I second this. The translation project is excellent and well-organized. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to suspect that the numerous changes between v29 and v30 are likely to cause the end of it, unless somebody with a solid understanding of the project and the game steps up. It's not the additional content that's the problem, it's all the minor changes, such as renaming locations, moving sublocations between locations, and joining multiline strings into single-line ones that are the challenge. diff shows an unfathomable number of differences between the the v29 and v30 russian versions, and applying those changes to the english version, without totally fucking up the game, is not easy.

In addition, there are a handful of (very minor) bugs in the english version that aren't in the russian version. Of course, there are far more bug fixes, but figuring out which is which is not easy without a solid understanding of the game. Finally, although the translation project has been very thorough in manually translating the important bits (the menu options), most of the dialogue is still MTL. And I've noticed that machine translators now often do a much better job, so it makes little sense to keep the old MTL dialogue. On the other hand, parts of the dialogue has been manually translated/massaged, and it makes little sense to replace that with new MTL dialogue.

I admire DarkClone's fortitude in manually rewriting the entire game, and I wish him well. I just wouldn't want to be in his shoes when v31 is released.

Reactions: slexywexy and cx155

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I didn't know about the DeepL translator until recently, so I never used it and it does translate much better than Google or Yandex. I kind of loss track of what has and hasn't been translated. I was keeping track of locations for it but it got outdated pretty quick and I forgot to update it a few times.

The changes are easier to manage if you split the txt2gam files into separate files and compare it that way. At least between these two versions at least. Some is still kind of pain but not so bad as separate files. In previous versions using the entire merged txt files wasn't too teedius.

As for rewriting the game, good luck. It's not a small game, I was doing it for about a year or more and not even close to done. So yeah, have fun with that.

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
I second this. The translation project is excellent and well-organized. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to suspect that the numerous changes between v29 and v30 are likely to cause the end of it, unless somebody with a solid understanding of the project and the game steps up. It's not the additional content that's the problem, it's all the minor changes, such as renaming locations, moving sublocations between locations, and joining multiline strings into single-line ones that are the challenge. diff shows an unfathomable number of differences between the the v29 and v30 russian versions, and applying those changes to the english version, without totally fucking up the game, is not easy.

In addition, there are a handful of (very minor) bugs in the english version that aren't in the russian version. Of course, there are far more bug fixes, but figuring out which is which is not easy without a solid understanding of the game. Finally, although the translation project has been very thorough in manually translating the important bits (the menu options), most of the dialogue is still MTL. And I've noticed that machine translators now often do a much better job, so it makes little sense to keep the old MTL dialogue. On the other hand, parts of the dialogue has been manually translated/massaged, and it makes little sense to replace that with new MTL dialogue.

I admire DarkClone's fortitude in manually rewriting the entire game, and I wish him well. I just wouldn't want to be in his shoes when v31 is released.
Fortitude aside the misconception is that I'm re-writing the game, really I'm doing what everyone else is doing just in a different way, Translating only the text shown to the user and adding the HTML and other things that make the mention section work more like other engines.

Doing this section by section already so taking the time to translate the language while adding those pieces does not take any more time than taking the MTL and adding the HTML to it.

Not saying that it is not an effort or a long process, mentioned that at the beginning when showed the first images of it, as for the project mentioned above, don't doubt it works well, it is just not for me, mind you that I'm new to a lot of this which means that looking at that just doesn't currently make sense to me.

Last edited:

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
Eugenias/Mom's boyfriend doesn't seem to appear even after 6 months. Anybody remember the trigger? I looked up the 0.30 code but seem to be unable to find a clear trigger condition / event of his initial appearance.

mikesom

May 28, 2017
Eugenias/Mom's boyfriend doesn't seem to appear even after 6 months. Anybody remember the trigger? I looked up the 0.30 code but seem to be unable to find a clear trigger condition / event of his initial appearance.
Sry now its fix and Nina panty fix

Ps: For Masha's house open you have to work as a model for Antonia

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 26 Votes