Aksrox

May 7, 2017
For those asking about the SOB western mod 88Gig version (Actually 84Gig on my PC), the game is identical to the original v29 version but pretty much all videos and images have been replaced.

Comparison of mod versus original;

Example used Mom folder:

SOB v30:
756 files total size 1.1gb

SOB Western Mod:
756 files total size 6.28gb

SOB v30:
14 files longer than 40 seconds
0 files longer than 1 minute

SOB Western Mod:
185 files longer than 40 seconds
58 files longer than 1 minute

From a game perspective you end up with the same plot lines but completely different videos images and duration. Also much higher resolution than the originals.

Granted the download size is a bit excessive but you end up with a completely different game to the original, however it allows anyone who has played the original several times to play a 'new' game.

For version v30 I just over wrote the SOB V30 files with the V29 mod files, so all the carried over files are changed without damaging the new v30 files, unless Avenger had already updated some of them. To date he tends to add new stuff rather than replacing/updating old files.
Is there a torrent file with seeds? I cant download western mod when i put it on torrent it stays at zero
thanks!

liodos

Feb 19, 2019
cant download western mod..already reloged nothing happen..can anyone give a compressed link for western mod pls?

rallie2

Feb 18, 2018
the western mod is for 0.29 version , is there a way to make it work 0.30 version?
This is what I did.

1) Downloaded and installed SOB v30 and tested with the v30 english qsp (pg 521 this thread)

2) Made a copy of v30 and used the copy for the western mod.

3) Copied the 'pic' folder from the western mod (assets/standalone_content/pic)
and over wrote the v30 files.

4) Cannot remember exactly why but I did tweak the CSS style sheet in the skins folder assets/standalone_content/skins/sob. (I have attached mine - just copy and save the originals before using)

The logic I used is most of v30 content is v29 PLUS new v30 files/images, so over writing the existing v29 files with the western mod versions shouldn't break anything as the file names remain the same. New v30 files will not be over written (As they did not exist previously) likewise the v30 qsp file should not have any conflicts.

Main thing is backup and copy before playing with an update.

Reactions: xxxtent

xxxtent

Feb 26, 2018
This is what I did.

1) Downloaded and installed SOB v30 and tested with the v30 english qsp (pg 521 this thread)

2) Made a copy of v30 and used the copy for the western mod.

3) Copied the 'pic' folder from the western mod (assets/standalone_content/pic)
and over wrote the v30 files.

4) Cannot remember exactly why but I did tweak the CSS style sheet in the skins folder assets/standalone_content/skins/sob. (I have attached mine - just copy and save the originals before using)

The logic I used is most of v30 content is v29 PLUS new v30 files/images, so over writing the existing v29 files with the western mod versions shouldn't break anything as the file names remain the same. New v30 files will not be over written (As they did not exist previously) likewise the v30 qsp file should not have any conflicts.

Main thing is backup and copy before playing with an update.
ok thanks will try this

Dickstains

Mar 20, 2020
i thought avenger was back but it's been 6 months already, any news?
the guy posts on his blog on the main page however do not expect an update anytime soon the guy can take months and i mean months due to the volume of content he adjusts and adds and with the game system he is using im sureprised he gets the updates out at all tbh

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
i thought avenger was back but it's been 6 months already, any news?
On the first page there is a link to his web blog....which is pretty much dead.
BUT...on the web blog there is a link to his Russian web blog which is pretty active.
As early as August he has been posting that he is almost ready to release the next content patch.
As of September he posted it'll be delayed to October which will include a Persian new character and some improvements.

All there's left to do is hope it doesn't get delayed again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: hichy13
4.10 star(s) 26 Votes