RPGM Completed Sonia and the Hypnotic City [v1.03] [StudioNAZE/Kagura Games]

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Welp, I tried "upgrading" the Kagura one to have the two extra scenes as well, but not surprisingly, adding the parts to CommonEvents and slightly changing up Map218 and MapInfos, also adding the "missing" files weren't able to ultimately do...jack shit, and I am not gonna touch the editor for this, so if anyone wants the "after-bad-end epilogues", they will have to see them in Thant San's generously shared fanTL+Kagura images version, from this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/sonia-and-the-hypnotic-city-final-studionaze.23432/page-9#post-7365935

Oh well, at least I tried. Probs didn't help that the Kagura version had the image and audio files encrypted (and a whole different 'img' folder structure, for that matter) and yada yada. Not gonna head down the rabbit hole for this one. :)

EDIT: I honestly think Kagura just effed up the recollection room at a point in time, and were just too lazy to fix it up, or just decided the recollection room was too much work to be made to look like it should or something, because the "Standing Picture" CG browsing options are also missing in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackbob24

Thant San

Jun 2, 2018
Welp, I tried "upgrading" the Kagura one to have the two extra scenes as well, but not surprisingly, adding the parts to CommonEvents and slightly changing up Map218 and MapInfos, also adding the "missing" files weren't able to ultimately do...jack shit, and I am not gonna touch the editor for this, so if anyone wants the "after-bad-end epilogues", they will have to see them in Thant San's generously shared fanTL+Kagura images version, from this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/sonia-and-the-hypnotic-city-final-studionaze.23432/page-9#post-7365935
Yeah I tried to add epilogue scenes to Kagura version too but it was really difficult so I gave up and just replaced the images in fan tl ver.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Can anyone please confirm if they get the same flicker for the standing pictures' view in the gallery room like I'm having? (it's not just the gallery room though, it's everywhere, just easier to demonstrate this way; technically during every CG or dialogue (switching to next CG or expression on the character or whatever), when viewed for the first time; quite jarring actually)

My fantastic 16 second long video for demonstration:

or

Wanna know if it's the game engine (MV) or my system.

SPVR

Jun 6, 2022
There is A TON of urination scenes probably more than actual sex scenes so if that's not your cup of tea i suggest you do not play this game and figure that out the hard way like i did. The game is more story based than an actual game 99.5% of the game is reading dialogue .4% is walking 5 feet to get to the next scene the the last .1% is actual combat. Take these into consideration if your looking into playing this "game".
Good "game" if you like things like that just not really my cup of tea

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
There is A TON of urination scenes probably more than actual sex scenes so if that's not your cup of tea i suggest you do not play this game and figure that out the hard way like i did. The game is more story based than an actual game 99.5% of the game is reading dialogue .4% is walking 5 feet to get to the next scene the the last .1% is actual combat. Take these into consideration if your looking into playing this "game".
Good "game" if you like things like that just not really my cup of tea
This is pretty much common in maybe 70-80% of these sort of games, they are basically choo choo trains, forcing you from one scene to the next, and the option/choices you get are pretty much stop playing the game as it does not continue until you choose the option we want you to, or take the option we want you to and see the scene, they are not really games, and would be better off as comics or vn, and the various choices removed as they basically do nothing for the so called game.

• Angry

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I really enjoyed the part where the 'game' gives me a 'choice' where one option is basically meaningless while the other is the one I must take in order to progress.

Example: Going into Jubil's room for the nightly reports, I get the option of whether I want to go in or not, and if I click No then I just have to wander the hallway till I choose the right option. Great fun!

Overall, this game has about as much depth as the puddle of piss the protagonist makes every other hour, seriously, this game feels like a pissing simulator.

blacksnipster

Jul 17, 2022
I know it's been a long time since this was uploaded, so I may not get an answer, but I'm trying to play it with JoiPlay, as I don't have a PC, but the overworld isn't spawning for me. Meeting the guards, the first lewd scene, and then when I finally get to move, it's just a black screen. Does anyone know what's going on?

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
How many endings does this game have?
Also is it possible for a virgin run?
Virgin run through, no, you can not in the small amount of play I have done avoid any of the hypnotic events, the first one that should be that springs to mind for me is the one very early in the game where at the end of the day you want a bath, and see three men having an argument with the bath man, the game offers you the choice of having a bath or not, choosing not basically stops the game dead as nothing continues, well unless I missed talking to somebody else who advances the day anyway. The entire game is one railroad into hypnotic slutdom, even though it is stated quite a few times in the game itself as a church knight you are supposed to be immune to this sort of thing.

• Angry

MeltyQuest

May 28, 2018
"Yeah... I'll just wait for a proper translation by Kagura" - Me when this game was posted.

Nearly 4 Years Later.... Someone might have started and finished their college degree while waiting for this game to be translated lol.

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
"Yeah... I'll just wait for a proper translation by Kagura" - Me when this game was posted.

Nearly 4 Years Later.... Someone might have started and finished their college degree while waiting for this game to be translated lol.
I played this before; was this fan-translated prior to this release? Can't remember. Might give it another go.

Secret Moofah

Dec 29, 2019

The fan translation is a proper legit translation, so dunno why you waited. The Kagura version has also been out for months now, so... *really* dont know why you were waiting.

Reactions: Urban Yeti

Bobbbobbin

Apr 21, 2022
When i try to play on Joiplay everywhere is black, game works but i can't see anything. Can anyone help?

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes