The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I understand, but there are already more than 3000 images, if they were in 4k... the game would already be more than 20GB... But this is just the beginning. I make the renders in 4k or 1440px but I voluntarily switch them to 720px for a story of size of the game.
There is a trick to that most creators use, if you change the format of the pictures it reduces size without reducing quality. I forget which file type it is at the moment though.

So quick question because I keep seeing alot of mixed comments.
Do love interests die in this game? I don't care if it's a spoiler, just not interested in games you have LI's die in.
Can you prevent the rape?

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
So quick question because I keep seeing alot of mixed comments.
Do love interests die in this game? I don't care if it's a spoiler, just not interested in games you have LI's die in.
There are several "worlds in the MC's head" Two people die at the beginning, including a child (who is obviously not a love interest). But since there are several parallel stories in the MC's head, it can be said that no one actually dies, as they are all potentially likely to return to one world or another...
In the long run, there will be more "paths", you can choose to avoid some scenes (like the one on the boat) and the story will take a different turn. No boat, no death so the adventure will be different. But I'm not there yet, before making different paths, the story has to move forward.

You can choose not to go to this scene. You can choose to help the girl, but in no case, you participate.

Last edited:
Reactions: namtab

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
You can choose not to go to this scene. You can choose to help the girl, but in no case, you participate.
Well, if I (as the player) knew beforehand this rape scene happened after that single harmless choice to "take a break" and letting the MC go on a search for supplies in the near surroundings, I would have avoided being forced to see this disturbing scene.
But I did not know this harmless (and somewhat logical) choice would ever lead me to being suddenly confronted with an ugly rape scene. It almost made me throw up and quit your game.

So DavyCroquette, please give the player enough agency to know beforehand when a choice is going to lead to such a disturbing scene like this, for example by notifiing the player when the choice has to be made with a simple and clear warning. That would certainly be much appreciated by more players beyond myself ;).

But nevertheless: thanks for your unorthodox and quite interesting story so far. Looking forward to the next update(s)!

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
So DavyCroquette, please give the player enough agency to know beforehand when a choice is going to lead to such a disturbing scene like this, for example by notifiing the player when the choice has to be made with a simple and clear warning. That would certainly be much appreciated by more players beyond myself ;).

But nevertheless: thanks for your unorthodox and quite interesting story so far. Looking forward to the next update(s)!
I take note of it

Reactions: Gorse

LewdDao

Jul 9, 2017
There is a trick to that most creators use, if you change the format of the pictures it reduces size without reducing quality. I forget which file type it is at the moment though.

It's Webp for images and webm for animations. Lossless or nearly so and a much smaller file size depending on how you set it, 30% smaller than jpeg, 26% smaller than png at lossless settings.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
It's Webp for images and webm for animations. Lossless or nearly so and a much smaller file size depending on how you set it, 30% smaller than jpeg, 26% smaller than png at lossless settings.
They are already in ".Webp"

Marlq

May 16, 2018
I've seen this game for a while now and i've to to admit that i wasn't thrilled by it because of the french title. Mind you im french myself but it kind set my expectation quite low.
Turn out i was dead wrong as you got quite a good story with an interesting plot. dialogue at first felt a bit cringy but its fine and i know its not easy to write.
All that to say i had a great time with it so keep at it.

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
There are several "worlds in the MC's head" Two people die at the beginning, including a child (who is obviously not a love interest). But since there are several parallel stories in the MC's head, it can be said that no one actually dies, as they are all potentially likely to return to one world or another...
In the long run, there will be more "paths", you can choose to avoid some scenes (like the one on the boat) and the story will take a different turn. No boat, no death so the adventure will be different. But I'm not there yet, before making different paths, the story has to move forward.

I'm confused. "Several worlds in the MC's head." So is the story about MC hallucinating?
Is this a multiverse thing where the MC is in two different worlds at the same time?

Morho

May 16, 2023
I'm confused. "Several worlds in the MC's head." So is the story about MC hallucinating?
Is this a multiverse thing where the MC is in two different worlds at the same time?
where someone is mentaly ill are there other words? or only one real word and one real illness?

Reactions: damnedfrog

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
where someone is mentaly ill are there other words? or only one real word and one real illness?
There is a difference between reality and the brain makin you hallucinate to cope with trauma.
So in reality, a child and a LI die and its unavoidable but MC might hallucinate them into his own world later is what your saying?

If that is the case I'll mosey on along, as I said, love interests dying is not my thing.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
There is a difference between reality and the brain makin you hallucinate to cope with trauma.
So in reality, a child and a LI die and its unavoidable but MC might hallucinate them into his own world later is what your saying?

If that is the case I'll mosey on along, as I said, love interests dying is not my thing.
We don't know yet what world is the real one, and what worlds are not.

I think the zombies apocalypse one isn't real, because the attitude of lot of characters here doesn't make sens.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But, I could be wrong.

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018

I think the zombies apocalypse one isn't real, because the attitude of lot of characters here doesn't make sens.
But, I could be wrong.
Yeah, that's going to be a nope from me then. I like more straight forward games. Especially if the "fantasy" and reality are bleak af. Ya just dont kill/rape LI's...

Reactions: ManifestDream

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022

But, I could be wrong.
thank you for your analysis. I really like the fact that you doubt it. :love:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
thank you for your analysis. I really like the fact that you doubt it. :love:
Well, this last update really got me more confused than before.

I thought that the mental hospital was the real world, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Now I think that all the worlds aren't real and our MC is still in a coma or trapped inside the videogame.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes