Ren'Py - Sorrow of Rebirth [v0.5] [Pepega]

1. 5.00 star(s)

JelF547

Review for 0.4.0

This game realy rocks. Despite first few events were about average, it soon became solid and interesting. As this game is still in early development, not all characters have received enough events to get them, but I already find most of them quiet interesting and remarkable

Plot: 5/10. Could be better, but it is too early to judge it I guess
    Characters: 8/10
    Writing: 10/10
    Renders: 8/10
    Sound : 6/10
    Sex scenes: none yet

My overall score is 9/10 nonetheless. I am going to follow this story till the end
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Gorrik

This is honestly an easy one to review - if you like the other Koikatsu school-based stories from the perspective of a sensei perving on their students, you will like this one. It is hard to not think of SO or LiL when playing this one though, it is so heavily inspired by those games.

So, is there anything here that honestly sets it apart from those big two, or any of the others trying to follow in their footsteps? My honest opinion is, not really. There is a couple repeated character tropes, the big glaring one being Ai - the girl who immediately decides she hates you, and so your Sensei decides the best thing to do is antagonize her as much as possible. Tropes aren't bad imo as a base, and this game is still young. So we will have to wait and see if the characters can grow into their own or if they will be just predictable copycats.

I can honestly look past all the reused tropes, setting, sudden-sensei kinda-isekai situation etc, because they work for me and there is plenty of room for the game to grow into it's own. My biggest problem is with Sensei. I groaned out-loud when they blurted out the nonsense about a "unique teaching approach" and letting the students do whatever the fuck they want. I'd REALLY like a sensei that actually tried to fit into their given role in this second-chance perfect scenario they've been blessed with, rather than immediately do something so suspicious as tell the students they are basically on their own, and then proceed to take naps / watch NetTube on their phone.

I hope this Sensei suddenly goes "Oh fuck, I'm responsible for the future of these students" and actively tries to fit that role. Maybe it can be a weekend thing where you do your own classes and our sensei can "have relations" with their own teacher. IDK, I'd just like this Sensei to be different. Actually try and be a decent person who isn't there to just perv on their students. Give me something to help me believe a classroom of students would be into this character beyond the reason "They're nice, when they're not being obviously degenerate."

Sensei's personality and the loud, disturbing, flashy sequences that come out of nowhere that I've never enjoyed are my primary complaints. I'm not done with all the content in 0.2 yet, but decided to review it now because I doubt what I have left will really change my feelings on it. Wanted to give 3.5, but since that isn't really a thing I rounded up because I enjoy the genre and the project is so new it can still become it's own thing.