VN Ren'Py Souls [v0.1] [ZVerse]

ZVerse

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2024
beginning of the game is sus as fuck, i think "Lost" forever ruined plane crush scenarios for me
on side note - this BlackWebGames style blurring effect on top of HS1 look like trash, i personally would prefer just clean picture... also, i'll hope dev finds few spare minutes to color everyone names, not like it takes much effort, but sure as hell helps with readability
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!

I didn't like how some of the names looked in different colors at first so I removed that part from the Demo, I will find a way to make the interface better.

As for the style, I will work on making the scenes higher quality but this kind of style is what I enjoy making and looking at so it probably won't differ much in chapter 1 release as I love retracing everything instead of how it originally was.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
I didn't like how some of the names looked in different colors at first so I removed that part from the Demo, I will find a way to make the interface better.
IMO most default ren'py gui what devs usually use works just fine, reinventing the wheel and going for something fancy only clutters UI and subtracts from usability, if you don't like the look maybe try to play with fonts and outlines, but don't overthink it man
i would say having colored names is a must either way and quite "industry standard", but aside from adding side images for characters - not much you can do in that regard, as is - it just blur of names, especially if you introduce dozen characters right from the start, hard to remember who is who and it takes a second to understand who is speaking right now
As for the style, I will work on making the scenes higher quality but this kind of style is what I enjoy making and looking at so it probably won't differ much in chapter 1 release as I love retracing everything instead of how it originally was.
just don't overuse it man, if current effect intensity is an acquired taste - anything more will result in a complete mess, again - as example (on DAZ though) "Dog Days of Summer" and "Mother Lovers Society", this dev completely gone bonkers with this effect

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZVerse

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!

You do you. But that art style is exactly why this went straight to ignore. I have no use for those overlays that make something looks like it was painted over.

I.S H

Nov 29, 2020
I'm telling ya, when it's 20 women and 1 guy, all feminism flies out the window. All of a sudden, the favorite gender becomes the male species.

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Решил и я свой комментарий оставить. Мне интересны игры которые сделаны с помощью HoneySelect2. Напишу немного слов. Хорошее или плохое я не знаю. Просто мысли и немного советы.
1) В сюжет особо не вникал. Играл без перевода, так что не всё понял. Как будет продолжении игры. Будет общее продолжение для всех персонажей или по отдельности с каждым персонажем будет своя история?
2) Качество изображения. Не вижу смысла улучшать качество. Если бы был больше к реализму стиль то можно было бы, тут стиль немного рисованный, так что на качество это не влияет. Судя по тому сколько персонажей в одной сцене то компьютер достаточно хороший раз позволяет сцены с таким большим количеством людей на них делай. У некоторых бы тормозил от такого количества. Насчёт картинки. Картинки формата png, они много весят, если перевести их к примеру в формат jpg то они будут минимум раза в три меньше весить. Качество особо не поменяется. Это важно, первый выпуск и уже половина гигабайта. Формат png можно оставить если надо будет картинку с прозрачным фоном в игру добавить.
3) Студия. Посмотрел на персонажей. Видно что не очень в студии уверенно пользуетесь при создании поз персонажей. Это заметно по рукам, по положению тела. Не говорю что плохо, просто пишу о том что это немного заметно. Камера и ракурс. Если собираетесь использовать один и тот же ракурс в нескольких сценах то лучше сохранить положение камеры. Так же есть кнопка которая не позволяет менять положение камеры. Просто заметил что немного меняться в некоторых сценах, задумана или случайно не знаю.
4) Девушки. Все действующие лица уже созданы так что не знаю что добавить, раз уже есть в игре то не поменять. Просто пока особо отличия нет. Раз их много то можно побольше разнице в личностях, одна скромная, другая интриганка, третья просто молчаливая и тд.
Что ещё не знаю написать. Видно что желание есть игру делать. Внизу по ссылке моя игра. Весит немного так что можно просто посмотреть как делал её я в студии.

I decided to leave my comment. I'm interested in games made with HoneySelect2. I'll write a few words. Good or bad I don't know. Just thoughts and some advice.
1) I didn’t really delve into the plot. I played without translation, so I didn’t understand everything. How will the game continue? Will there be a common continuation for all characters or will each character have their own story?
2) Image quality. I don't see any point in improving the quality. If the style was more towards realism, it would be possible, here the style is a little drawn, so this does not affect the quality. Judging by how many characters are in one scene, the computer is quite good at allowing scenes with such a large number of people to be done. Some people would be slowed down by such an amount. About the picture. Pictures are in png format, they weigh a lot, but if you convert them, for example, to jpg format, they will weigh at least three times less. The quality won't change much. This is important, the first release and already half a gigabyte. You can leave the png format if you need to add a picture with a transparent background to the game.
3) Studio. I looked at the characters. It’s clear that you’re not very confident in the studio when creating character poses. This is noticeable in the hands, in the position of the body. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just writing that it's a little noticeable. Camera and angle. If you are going to use the same angle in several scenes, it is better to maintain the camera position. There is also a button that does not allow you to change the camera position. I just noticed that there was a slight change in some scenes, whether it was by design or by accident, I don’t know.
4) Girls. All the characters have already been created, so I don’t know what to add, since they are already in the game, they can’t be changed. There just isn't much difference yet. Since there are many of them, there can be more differences in personalities, one is modest, another is an intriguer, the third is simply silent, etc.
What else I don’t know to write. It is clear that there is a desire to make a game. Below is the link for my game. It weighs a little so you can just see how I made it in the studio.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart

ZVerse

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2024
Thank you all for the informative feedback, I'm glad I released this short demo first before continuing so I don't have to start over again by changing too much. I'll take everything you said into account when making changes

JimmyJazz69

Jul 3, 2020
I am planning to incorporate kinks in multiple storylines so it would be nearly impossible to miss a kink. But if somehow the player misses a kink they can always go back after finishing a chapter and try another path.

The planned tags I mentioned will definitely be in future chapters. For example, one of the girls will start to hate the MC and have this femdom relationship with him. As for the multiple endings tag, the story will branch out where the MC's choices will affect which secrets will be revealed or stay hidden and by the end you will either uncover all the girl's secrets and what the island is, and also remembering what happened before the crash.

Thank you for the good luck!
Looks promising! (y)

• Red Heart