4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

thedawg01

Oct 5, 2023
Anyone know why I can't click on the exclamation mark to complete the quest? I have had the same issue occur when trying to complete the bar girls mission quest in this area. *I do have all the items the quest needs.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Anyone know why I can't click on the exclamation mark to complete the quest? I have had the same issue occur when trying to complete the bar girls mission quest in this area. *I do have all the items the quest needs.
Don't click the exclamation mark. It is there to draw attention to the nearby location -- the bunch of asteroids to the right.

Reactions: Sean MacDonald

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
I'm not understanding how to use the Portal at my base. It says I need to activate a beacon in space. My Hyperdrive is maxed out on beacons, but I cannot seem to figure out how to "activate" one of them. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm not understanding how to use the Portal at my base. It says I need to activate a beacon in space. My Hyperdrive is maxed out on beacons, but I cannot seem to figure out how to "activate" one of them. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
When you are somewhere in another star system, click on the 'beacon' icon in the upper left corner of the screen and the beacon/return point will be placed where your ship currently is in the system. You will be transported to the Tenaris base, and you will jump back to that point when you use the portal to leave the base.

Note that you need to have beacons installed in one or more of the hyperdrive sub-module slots, which is consumed when you drop the 'return beacon'. Also, note that you need to have a Voron Hyperdrive installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nopenopeno

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
When you are somewhere in another star system, click on the 'beacon' icon in the upper left corner of the screen and the beacon/return point will be placed where your ship currently is in the system. You will be transported to the Tenaris base, and you will jump back to that point when you use the portal to leave the base.

Note that you need to have beacons installed in one or more of the hyperdrive sub-module slots, which is consumed when you drop the 'return beacon'. Also, note that you need to have a Voron Hyperdrive installed.
Much appreciated, thank you.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OhWee

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
damn, just came to check to see if this game had any update and its got a fresh "on hold" tag, did something happen? just wondering :)

Feb 5, 2018
From y.v. on Patreon:
Hi Everyone,

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

I am doing ok and hope that I can start some light computer activity in January to see how it goes. In February I will then hopefully be in a position to decide whether and in what fashion to continue. Maybe I can also find the time to write a bit of the storyboard for the remaining episodes while I am off-screen in January.

In any case I have suspended payments also for End of January, as this page will still be in a hiatus all of January.

More Updates around February.

y.v.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
I am just now getting around to 1.20, excited about some of the updates. Have we discovered the new "best" bot configuration yet? Where would I find the Elite items at? Are there any new shells and what are their designations (ie: SBPShell3Type?)? Can't wait to start tinkering again! Thanks up front.

Hoping YV recovers his health, and despite whether he is able to continue work on this project, hope it is a passing thing that does not follow him into the future.

Feb 5, 2018
Qu Thor is where elite items come from. Loot bots may contain elite parts and whatever item the Auctioneer (random encounter) sells is elite and expensive. For many players, that cost won't be a problem. 5 million, when you have little to spend credits on, should be doable. In many cases, combat there is significantly more difficult than any other area. I do not cloak there but cloaking will greatly enhance survival rates.

Delambo

Jan 10, 2018
I've searched this thread and can't see an answer to this - where do precursor map fragments come from?

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
I've searched this thread and can't see an answer to this - where do precursor map fragments come from?
Each Galaxy has a Precursor scrapyard (not 100% on the name, been a bit since I did one) that will require combat with a boss at the end. Defeating that boss drops a map fragment. You will have to do this in each Galaxy to get them all.

Reactions: Delambo
Feb 5, 2018
Precursor Junkyards have 3 levels. The 3rd level, Inner Circle, has a map fragment as part of the loot. T'Ris is very appreciative of map fragments.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I came up with a cleaner way to 'patch' the Xenos Library 'wait' messages blocking cargo delivery and bounty missions at the library in SJx 1.20.11, should you have any active missions to the library in the cue.

Short form, the first time the 'wait/nothing to do here right now' message pops up, a variable (xenoslibrary_talk_day) is set to the current game day, and for the rest of the day, the Xenos Library 'elif' routines will be skipped.

Setting the added variable xenoslibrary_talk_day to the current day (GAME.day) is an easy way to not have to reset this variable each day, as subsequent game days will have higher values than xenoslibrary_talk_day, at least until you activate the 'wait' message again later on.

Note that there is a generic 'nothing do do here' message at the end of the elif chain (else) in 556_sandbox_space.rpy, so you'll still get a message if you click on the Library after completing cargo or bounty missions, so that's already been covered.

New fix is attached. Simply drag the /game folder inside of the attached .7z inside of your SpaceJourney_X_v1.20.11 folder, merging said /game folder with your /game folder, and you will be asked if you want to overwrite 556_sandbox_space.rpy. Confirm this action and your game will be patched.

This is the only change I've made to this file, everything else is the same as before.

Changes should be applied the next time you start your game and load a save.

Sean MacDonald

Assuming that this patch is suitable, feel free to arrange to have this added to the OP as appropriate. I figure that you'll want to run it past yv0751 first.

Enjoy!
:cool:

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes