4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
ynosharingakk

OK, I figured out what was going on with the job button/how to invoke/remove/append the old job listing in favor of the new one. Now I just need to figure out how to 'hack it' so that people don't need to start a new game. That's a goal of mine of course!

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Interesting that you should mention this. This is something that I'm currently working on in my personal mod. I just need to get the code to work. It's mostly there, just need to work out a variable error...

Short form, if a shell isn't in Nimhe's 'list', and you have a currently unused shell type, you'll be able to give this to Nimhe so that she can study it and build a prototype.

I'm also pondering a routine for the 'Build J type' that forces Nimhe to start with a basic shell type, then once she's built a Gen 1 shell, she can then build a Gen 2 next, and then finally a Gen 3, rather than building a Gen 1-3 randomly to begin with.

Again, setting up this routine is a bit complex, then there's the question of how to 'introduce' a 'choose shell type for Nimhe to build' thing (i.e. how to invoke a menu or popup screen). yv0751 seems to be alleregic to regular Ren'Py choice menus, so I haven't tried the 'easy way' yet...
That's already in v1.1. Once her tec skill is 20, she will upgrade all shells to mil if you have enough lower grades. Gen is not yet affected

Reactions: OhWee

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
ynosharingakk

OK, I figured out what was going on with the job button/how to invoke/remove/append the old job listing in favor of the new one. Now I just need to figure out how to 'hack it' so that people don't need to start a new game. That's a goal of mine of course!
There is a function GAME.patch(), which is invoked every night. If you change data that is only touched at game init, I recommend you add any update code there , then it is activated after one night of sleep. Make sure to do that only once, or your data might "multiply"...

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There is a function GAME.patch(), which is invoked every night. If you change data that is only touched at game init, I recommend you add any update code there , then it is activated after one night of sleep. Make sure to do that only once, or your data might "multiply"...
I have my evil ways...
:devilish:

I have the 'choose shell type' thing mostly working now, I just need to figure out how to add the shell part to parts...

Nimhe_shell_crafting_choice.jpg

I tried it this way, but the game is throwing an error...

$GAME.lab.parts.append(GAME.sbPartsData["SBPShellTypeJ"].clone())

I can concatenate the variable string easily enough, to substitute the "SBPShellTypeJ" with a 'combined' variable, but yeah even when using the part name directly, it's not liking this particular method, even though this method works fine in Ren'Py console...

The plan is to add a few values so that Nimhe gets better at building shells, i.e. the Shell Gen goes up as she builds more shells. As I said, I have a whole evil plan for this.

I already saw the code for Grade upgrades, I'm keeping that of course!

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
$GAME.lab.parts.append(GAME.sbPartsData["SBPShellTypeJ"].clone())
undifferentiated generic shell types do no longer exist in V1.00+, you need to add the generation key to the identifier (SBPShell3TypeJ, SBPShell2TypeJ, ...) etc

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
undifferentiated generic shell types do no longer exist in V1.00+, you need to add the generation key to the identifier (SBPShell3TypeJ, SBPShell2TypeJ, ...) etc
I AM aware. The part code listings still exist, so the plan is, for my 1.00b mod at least, to use the 'non Gen-specific' parts as prototype shells, i.e. the first shell that Nimhe builds of that type. It's still specified as Gen 1, under 'cat', but the idea is that Protoype shells will cost more to build than 'regular' Gen 1 shells as she's trying to figure it all out.

HOWEVER, it looks like I missed the 'commenting out' of those shells, which explains my error... so I may just give up on that idea in favor of a cost multiplier instead...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
(y)
Thanks for the coding help ynosharingakk and yv0751 !

I have things working more or less the way I want them to now. There's still an issue with IQ that I still need to ponder a bit, but I think I've achieved most of the things I was shooting for in my personal mod. After I get a chance to test some things and make some final tweaks, I'll share what I have.

About the only thing that I might want to change at this point would be when the new shell shows up. Since Nimhe is crafting a new shell, I'd like to time that to arrive in the lab parts inventory later in the day, to reflect that Nimhe is spending some time to acquire/build it, but I'm not quite sure where the best place to do that in the code structure would be. I can save the part string to a suitable variable to invoke later, just need to find the right place in the code to invoke the part addition at the appropriate time of day. Thinking around 1800 hours, when Nimhe goes to her room.

Thanks again for the help!
:cool:

sebbu

May 2, 2022
1 requires you to rescue the sister of the bartender of the main station (among other stuff), finish the deal with the pirate arms dealer, rescue the voron clones. you then unlock the second jumpgate that is the next step.
2 is easy, wait a few days.
3 is for save&load for new version
4 is thoses big wrecks, require argus2 and some other stuff (and it's required for the voron library quest)
5 giving her drinks at the 3rd floor heps
6 might require some luck with parts (preferably gen3 military), also you can get stat addons

tanz23

Jul 18, 2018
1 requires you to rescue the sister of the bartender of the main station (among other stuff), finish the deal with the pirate arms dealer, rescue the voron clones. you then unlock the second jumpgate that is the next step.
2 is easy, wait a few days.
3 is for save&load for new version
4 is thoses big wrecks, require argus2 and some other stuff (and it's required for the voron library quest)
5 giving her drinks at the 3rd floor heps
6 might require some luck with parts (preferably gen3 military), also you can get stat addons
I got T'ris and nimhe im lost for like an hour now and i cant acces the pirate base yet and my ship got no weapons idk where to get it

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
I got T'ris and nimhe im lost for like an hour now and i cant acces the pirate base yet and my ship got no weapons idk where to get it
Also, When you build the Bot, was it automatically put aside for Niume?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
No 6 is the most important one.
build such a bot (buy crates from shady or the scrap trader) as soon as you store that bot the quest progresses and you get a notification what to do next

LK2FK

Mar 27, 2020
yv0751 This looks like a good game and I want to start playin' it. I have seen that there will be a new version in the next week or so, should I wait for ver 1.1 or there will be no changes to the story or the missions? Thx!

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 40 Votes