Fovezo

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2023
1701463699136.png

Overview:
You have to play the role of the captain of a space city-ship, in addition, you are the guardian of 10 teenage girls. Develop relationships with characters and discover the mysteries of this new world.
Space of lost is a dating simulator with a pleasant atmosphere in an unusual spaceship setting. This is an experimental project made using neural networks. The game is built on the relationships between characters in the style of LIL.
There is not much content in the game at the moment, but many other activities are planned. I would like to know the opinion of the players to understand what direction to move next, I will be glad if you share it.​

Thread Updated: 2023-03-15
Release Date: 2024-03-15
Developer: Fovezo - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2.0
Language: English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - -
Mac:
- -
Android:
- -

00000-3124036848-123123124-7777777777.png 00028-3680356413.png 00090-2688529290.png 00017-742473935.png 00095-274351065.png 00098-3140981860-534.png

Last edited by a moderator:

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Absolutely. Look at any detail or text in the backgrounds. It's all nonsensical.

EDIT: Bonus WTF is going on with her mouth and teeth. Also, the image selection was done so sloppily that it not only left a lot of jagged edges, it flat out removed part of her right shoulder. That happens when you're using an auto-selection tool (like the quick selection tool in Photoshop) and give ZERO FUCKS checking your work and just assume the program did it cleanly and correctly.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 121811.png

Just another in a long trend of grifters expecting people to fork over Patreon money for zero effort. Not a one of them understands that you can't make a second first impression. When your inaugural release is this embarrassingly bad, what are you even doing?

BIG EDIT 2:

It is bad. It is all bad. The writing is off, in weird and unsettling ways. Also, the game is available in 6 languages (they forgot French in the OP). Now, is the creator a multi-lingual savant? Or did they take their script and shove it through 5 different MTL translators? I know which one seems more probable.

That being said, is it just poorly written at base? Well, for as odd as the writing is, it remembers to capitalize sentences and put in punctuation. It's just that there is A LOT of run on sentences and weird word choices that make everything come off as very unnatural. Again, is this just poor writing at the source? Is it an artifact of MTL translation (weird word choices with good basic grammar)? Or was the script largely machine generated like the visuals themselves? I can't say 100% for sure, but I know where I'd place my bets; plus what is here just isn't good.

The intro name drops Bertrand Russel (and his teapot) in just about the most pretentious and ham-fisted way possible, as a long winded setup for an amnesia Isekai fantasy where you're dropped right into the life of another living soul and completely replace their existence with your know-nothing dumbass. You're some kind of pilot on a massive space colony generation ship. Sounds cool, huh? So why does everything look like early 21's century suburbia?

Screenshot 2023-12-07 125806.png

GO FUCK YOURSELF! That's the laziest crock of shit ever. It's looks like 21'st century urban centers because that makes it easier for the AI to generate your images. There's a whole world full of images that have been scraped to fuel these generative models, so getting something modern day reality-adjacent is way easier than trying to do anything original or creative (even when you farm it out to AI). Getting Stable Diffusion to make a mangled collection of blobs passably looks like a city street at a glance, and getting it to do that over and over again, is way easier than getting something consistent or that would pass the at-a-glance test with a sci-fi aesthetic. If humanity ever does make spacefaring colony ships where people are expected to live on them for generations, I don't know what they will look like, but I can guarantee you they won't look like 21'st century cityscapes (asphalt and all). Also notice, this girl also suffers from the same bad cut-paste job that also left her with a very jagged outline.

Plus, the premise is even dumber than that. You're not just a pilot, you're the ONLY PERSON on a whole fucking generation colony ship whom the AI will let direct the ship. Whole fucking ship, and the chain of command begins and ends with you. This would maybe be acceptable on something the scale of the Millennium Falcon, and even then everyone knows Chewie is the second in command if something happens to Han. But even then, the amnesiac MC has opinions about the café décor. Sure, this café might look 'ordinary' to you or me here on 21st century Earth, but by what metric is an amnesiac isekai protagonist on a far-future spaceship judging the design aesthetics here? Just fucking awful, lazy writing through and through.

Just for fun, I took the exposition info-dump for the 10 'love interests' just to point out how damn near every frame of this script is problematic (outside of the greater meta-critique of how such info-dumps are just really poor story telling). Since this part relies on a lot of cut images, I've taken the liberty of hiding it behind Spoiler tags for the sake of keeping the post a manageable length (also to preempt any mods having to do it, and me getting a passive-aggressive post about it in my notifications).

It reads like if you asked ChatGPT to write you a script in the style of Lessons in Love. While I'm not a fan of LiL (note to OP, that's how you do a proper abbreviation, after you use the full name so people know what your otherwise niche abbreviated term actually stands for), I get what they're going for. While I think that the writing of Lessons in Love gets stuck with its head up its own ass all the time, I get that there is still a human there writing a script and there is a particular feeling and vibe they're trying to evoke with their writing. It's not my cup of tea, but it's a flavor made with care and for an audience that's happy to consume it. This? This reads like an alien trying their best to mimic the superficial style, but with no understanding of the underlying work. So if you were to tell me that all of this is just ChatGPT I wouldn't be surprised in the least; since it reads like a search-engine-optimized nonsense version of LiL written by pattern recognition rather than any shred of understanding (which is exactly how large language models work).

Plus, this takes LiL's general format as well. Just day after day after day of selecting to go to a place to raise an affection number up one, rinse and repeat ad nauseum until hopefully something different happens. The MC even has a voice in their head that is not their own. This game is not just a homage, or takes inspiration from Lessons in Love. It is the 'We Have Food At Home' meme version made manifest, not as the punchline of a joke but rather an actual game. One who's asset generation has seemingly been entirely offloaded to AI, in the vain hope that the target market is not discerning enough to notice. Given how many people white knight and stan for the developers of such low-effort slop, they're probably not just shooting into the dark here. You don't need a ton of backers to get a decent return when your investment is this low.

TL;DR

For anyone who think's I'm being 'too mean' or I have an axe to grind, I'd kindly ask you to re-read the description posted by the developer themselves. Give special attention to the last sentence.

"I would like to know the opinion of the players to understand what direction to move next, I will be glad if you share it."

If I knew nothing else about this game, this sentence alone would be enough for me to dismiss the developer and the project as a hack. They're not doing this because they themselves have some great creative vision. They are not some tortured soul with a story trapped inside themselves that they're desperate to share with the rest of the world. They're not even a particularly devout fan of a prior work, looking to take a stab at a homage piece to demonstrate both their appreciate of and their desire to display their creative take on a similar idea.

No. That sentence is indicative of someone with no personal drive, no creative process. They took the premise of a popular game, probably asked ChatGPT to write a script in the style of said game, and now they want to attract a base of supporters to just VOTE for content. They then can use those votes as the input for them to feed back into the generative AI mill, making fresh low-effort slop for their paying audience; rinse and repeat. Honestly, probably not a bad grift if you can manage to stick the landing. It all screams of putting in the lowest amount of effort possible, and for the most cynical of reasons. They probably saw Selebus' $10K+ a month Subscribestar and thought they could get a tiny piece of that, but without doing anything of substance to earn it.

Even if you are a fan of Lessons in Love and enjoy what that game has to offer and you want more, don't help enable this type of behavior. The best we can do is make people aware that this is a cheap and cynical knockoff not deserving of anyone's time. I played this game, so nobody else has to.

Last edited:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
SpaceOfLost-0.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

tvc204

Mar 17, 2018
Anyone know what ai generator the game using? Do you know any ai app that could generate something similar like this game?

• Haha
Reactions: Satelyte

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Sure you can, just abandon your current identity and adopt a new one. Doing that would only be an issue if you leave a noticeable digital footprint, which most rational people will do their best to avoid.
Are you trying to be obtuse? Or do you genuinely not understand what I wrote?

I didn't think it would be controversial pointing out that first impressions are important, because trying to change them takes a lot of time and effort (even if your solution is to burn everything and start over). But here we are...

Also, side note: Most people are not rational actors. So every time I see that line or train of thought, it makes my eyes practically roll out of their sockets. People are, by and large, dumb hyper-emotional animals.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesonwulf

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Are you trying to be obtuse? Or do you genuinely not understand what I wrote?

I didn't think it would be controversial pointing out that first impressions are important, because trying to change them takes a lot of time and effort (even if your solution is to burn everything and start over). But here we are...

Also, side note: Most people are not rational actors. So every time I see that line or train of thought, it makes my eyes practically roll out of their sockets. People are, by and large, dumb hyper-emotional animals.
So dev left out tag AI because he/she knows how bad it is. Reading that one screenshot even looks like they used AI to write the story so looks and reads like total garbage. No effort at all into it.

Thanks for the warning not touching this crap with a 100' pole.

Reactions: qaywsx
Oct 8, 2019
Are you trying to be obtuse?
Yes, but you are practically begging for it

Most people are not rational actors. So every time I see that line or train of thought, it makes my eyes practically roll out of their sockets. People are, by and large, dumb hyper-emotional animals.
Skill issue, but unironically. If you act irrationally and end up having issues due to it then it's your own fault

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
If we remove the horror and psychological tags, the game seems interesting (harem, romance, exhibicionist, Dating sim, comedy). With them and knowing that it's inspired by LiL, I'm not sure if I'm going to start it.

Oct 10, 2019
Absolutely. Look at any detail or text in the backgrounds. It's all nonsensical.

EDIT: Bonus WTF is going on with her mouth and teeth. Also, the image selection was done so sloppily that it not only left a lot of jagged edges, it flat out removed part of her right shoulder. That happens when you're using an auto-selection tool (like the quick selection tool in Photoshop) and give ZERO FUCKS checking your work and just assume the program did it cleanly and correctly.

View attachment 3152160

Just another in a long trend of grifters expecting people to fork over Patreon money for zero effort. Not a one of them understands that you can't make a second first impression. When your inaugural release is this embarrassingly bad, what are you even doing?

BIG EDIT 2:

It is bad. It is all bad. The writing is off, in weird and unsettling ways. Also, the game is available in 6 languages (they forgot French in the OP). Now, is the creator a multi-lingual savant? Or did they take their script and shove it through 5 different MTL translators? I know which one seems more probable.

That being said, is it just poorly written at base? Well, for as odd as the writing is, it remembers to capitalize sentences and put in punctuation. It's just that there is A LOT of run on sentences and weird word choices that make everything come off as very unnatural. Again, is this just poor writing at the source? Is it an artifact of MTL translation (weird word choices with good basic grammar)? Or was the script largely machine generated like the visuals themselves? I can't say 100% for sure, but I know where I'd place my bets; plus what is here just isn't good.

The intro name drops Bertrand Russel (and his teapot) in just about the most pretentious and ham-fisted way possible, as a long winded setup for an amnesia Isekai fantasy where you're dropped right into the life of another living soul and completely replace their existence with your know-nothing dumbass. You're some kind of pilot on a massive space colony generation ship. Sounds cool, huh? So why does everything look like early 21's century suburbia?

View attachment 3152246

GO FUCK YOURSELF! That's the laziest crock of shit ever. It's looks like 21'st century urban centers because that makes it easier for the AI to generate your images. There's a whole world full of images that have been scraped to fuel these generative models, so getting something modern day reality-adjacent is way easier than trying to do anything original or creative (even when you farm it out to AI). Getting Stable Diffusion to make a mangled collection of blobs passably looks like a city street at a glance, and getting it to do that over and over again, is way easier than getting something consistent or that would pass the at-a-glance test with a sci-fi aesthetic. If humanity ever does make spacefaring colony ships where people are expected to live on them for generations, I don't know what they will look like, but I can guarantee you they won't look like 21'st century cityscapes (asphalt and all). Also notice, this girl also suffers from the same bad cut-paste job that also left her with a very jagged outline.

Plus, the premise is even dumber than that. You're not just a pilot, you're the ONLY PERSON on a whole fucking generation colony ship whom the AI will let direct the ship. Whole fucking ship, and the chain of command begins and ends with you. This would maybe be acceptable on something the scale of the Millennium Falcon, and even then everyone knows Chewie is the second in command if something happens to Han. But even then, the amnesiac MC has opinions about the café décor. Sure, this café might look 'ordinary' to you or me here on 21st century Earth, but by what metric is an amnesiac isekai protagonist on a far-future spaceship judging the design aesthetics here? Just fucking awful, lazy writing through and through.

Just for fun, I took the exposition info-dump for the 10 'love interests' just to point out how damn near every frame of this script is problematic (outside of the greater meta-critique of how such info-dumps are just really poor story telling). Since this part relies on a lot of cut images, I've taken the liberty of hiding it behind Spoiler tags for the sake of keeping the post a manageable length (also to preempt any mods having to do it, and me getting a passive-aggressive post about it in my notifications).

It reads like if you asked ChatGPT to write you a script in the style of Lessons in Love. While I'm not a fan of LiL (note to OP, that's how you do a proper abbreviation, after you use the full name so people know what your otherwise niche abbreviated term actually stands for), I get what they're going for. While I think that the writing of Lessons in Love gets stuck with its head up its own ass all the time, I get that there is still a human there writing a script and there is a particular feeling and vibe they're trying to evoke with their writing. It's not my cup of tea, but it's a flavor made with care and for an audience that's happy to consume it. This? This reads like an alien trying their best to mimic the superficial style, but with no understanding of the underlying work. So if you were to tell me that all of this is just ChatGPT I wouldn't be surprised in the least; since it reads like a search-engine-optimized nonsense version of LiL written by pattern recognition rather than any shred of understanding (which is exactly how large language models work).

Plus, this takes LiL's general format as well. Just day after day after day of selecting to go to a place to raise an affection number up one, rinse and repeat ad nauseum until hopefully something different happens. The MC even has a voice in their head that is not their own. This game is not just a homage, or takes inspiration from Lessons in Love. It is the 'We Have Food At Home' meme version made manifest, not as the punchline of a joke but rather an actual game. One who's asset generation has seemingly been entirely offloaded to AI, in the vain hope that the target market is not discerning enough to notice. Given how many people white knight and stan for the developers of such low-effort slop, they're probably not just shooting into the dark here. You don't need a ton of backers to get a decent return when your investment is this low.

TL;DR

For anyone who think's I'm being 'too mean' or I have an axe to grind, I'd kindly ask you to re-read the description posted by the developer themselves. Give special attention to the last sentence.

"I would like to know the opinion of the players to understand what direction to move next, I will be glad if you share it."

If I knew nothing else about this game, this sentence alone would be enough for me to dismiss the developer and the project as a hack. They're not doing this because they themselves have some great creative vision. They are not some tortured soul with a story trapped inside themselves that they're desperate to share with the rest of the world. They're not even a particularly devout fan of a prior work, looking to take a stab at a homage piece to demonstrate both their appreciate of and their desire to display their creative take on a similar idea.

No. That sentence is indicative of someone with no personal drive, no creative process. They took the premise of a popular game, probably asked ChatGPT to write a script in the style of said game, and now they want to attract a base of supporters to just VOTE for content. They then can use those votes as the input for them to feed back into the generative AI mill, making fresh low-effort slop for their paying audience; rinse and repeat. Honestly, probably not a bad grift if you can manage to stick the landing. It all screams of putting in the lowest amount of effort possible, and for the most cynical of reasons. They probably saw Selebus' $10K+ a month Subscribestar and thought they could get a tiny piece of that, but without doing anything of substance to earn it.

Even if you are a fan of Lessons in Love and enjoy what that game has to offer and you want more, don't help enable this type of behavior. The best we can do is make people aware that this is a cheap and cynical knockoff not deserving of anyone's time. I played this game, so nobody else has to.
I will start this saying that I hate LiL, in my opinion it ruined the school harem or even just the slice of life harem genres because now after the success it had everyone wants to put existential horror and strange "you are not actually the MC" stuff in their games. It is extremely difficult to find a decent game of that type without horror. Having said that at least most variations of it that I have seen actually try to put a dfferent spin on it, some even manage to make something decent if you ignore the horror. Now I will not try to defend the dev, what you said is just a very detailed version of what I myself could deduce from the screenshots and descriptions alone, but there is a sentence you may have missed in the description, "This is an experimental project made using neural networks". This sentence, to me personally, screams "this was completely made by AI". I am not sure if it makes it worse or better, I will let everyone else decide for themselves, but it does sound at least descriptive to a degree.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text and the probably bad punctuation, I am not good at that, but then again at least I am not a writer.

Oct 10, 2019
If we remove the horror and psychological tags, the game seems interesting (harem, romance, exhibicionist, Dating sim, comedy). With them and knowing that it's inspired by LiL, I'm not sure if I'm going to start it.
I know the feel, I would not get my hopes up if I where you. You are probably not missing much anyway but yet another potential harem game ruined by the LiL treatment still feels bad to see, even if it's not good.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I know the feel, I would not get my hopes up if I where you. You are probably not missing much anyway but yet another potential harem game ruined by the LiL treatment still feels bad to see, even if it's not good.
The truth is that I didn't last long in LiL, I tried to ignore the strange part and focus on what was more normal, but at the first scene that was supposed to be psychological horror or whatever, I discarded the game, included it in my ignored list and proceeded to never return to the thread or the game again. I've never felt any desire to pick up the game, and it's basically impossible for me to change my mind.

Reactions: telefonomusica
Oct 10, 2019
The truth is that I didn't last long in LiL, I tried to ignore the strange part and focus on what was more normal, but at the first scene that was supposed to be psychological horror or whatever, I discarded the game, included it in my ignored list and proceeded to never return to the thread or the game again. I've never felt any desire to pick up the game, and it's basically impossible for me to change my mind.
I sadly lasted way longer than you, and it only gets worse. The horror is not even the worst thing about it.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I sadly lasted way longer than you, and it only gets worse. The horror is not even the worst thing about it.
It seemed difficult, but you have managed to reduce even more my lack of desire to play it again. Simply knowing this, I'm going to automatically rule out all games based on LiL, I don't see any reason to even consider trying them.

• Haha
Reactions: telefonomusica