ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
The issue is that when you have tiers that start too high, most people will not find it justifiable and just come to forums like these to download the games for free anyway. The practice of lowering barrier of entry garnering more profits overall is a VERY old and VERY well-known principle.
I don't disagree with that. This particular creator doesn't have any really high tiers though, that's mainly what I was referring to.
People seem to really hate when creators offer high tiers with some mysterious reward hiding behind the paywall that they don't want to pay to get through. Even if it's just fluff.
Personally, I'm an advocate of creators offering a free version even if it's a couple of version behind the most current. And I don't mind when creators offer higher-tiered Patrons a window of exclusivity, so long as they don't intend on keeping the release paywalled indefinitely etc. But yeah, if you're treating it as a job then try making a wage from it. What you've said is just good practice as far as building a customer base goes.
If I were releasing a game, I'd probably offer high tiers first go if only to reduce the feedback for bugs and such to an easier to manage pool of people, but it'd still make its way to being free. In fact, I'd probably use you fine folk here as guineapigs.

jakefurry12345

Nov 15, 2017
I can't seem to find out what to do. I have clicked on everything, I think. Could anyone give me a heads up on where to start?

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I can't seem to find out what to do. I have clicked on everything, I think. Could anyone give me a heads up on where to start?
The game is still in development so some things are not implemented. If you're supposed to find something for someone there's a good chance that you can proceed by clicking on the person involved and it will skip the item obtaining section and allow progression.

There are a very limited number of locations that you can visit for now. From the map, you can visit your room, Lune's room, the captain's room, and the shuttle bay area. In the shuttle bay area, you can access the repair area but you have to speak with Lune when she is in the sauna looking thing in the corner of the shuttle bay to gain access. Do not try and open the rescued pod without scanning it etc. or you get stuck on a two-choice menu, scanning it first gives a third option to leave when you try opening it that wasn't there before.
I assume that 2.5 just adds the point and click mechanics and doesn't add much to the progression of the story from 2.0 but I'm not sure if it still tells you when you've exhausted all of the content as it did previously. If you've received a reward from Lune for helping her with her photoshoot then you've probably finished the current version.

Reactions: Morah SDG

JoyRideX

Jan 28, 2019
I don't disagree with that. This particular creator doesn't have any really high tiers though, that's mainly what I was referring to.
People seem to really hate when creators offer high tiers with some mysterious reward hiding behind the paywall that they don't want to pay to get through. Even if it's just fluff.
Personally, I'm an advocate of creators offering a free version even if it's a couple of version behind the most current. And I don't mind when creators offer higher-tiered Patrons a window of exclusivity, so long as they don't intend on keeping the release paywalled indefinitely etc. But yeah, if you're treating it as a job then try making a wage from it. What you've said is just good practice as far as building a customer base goes.
If I were releasing a game, I'd probably offer high tiers first go if only to reduce the feedback for bugs and such to an easier to manage pool of people, but it'd still make its way to being free. In fact, I'd probably use you fine folk here as guineapigs.
I think those are all reasonable cosiderations & arguments STAGWOOD :) But my personal reason to offer the game for just 1 dollar, was that I hope that this value-for-money-ratio will lead to a steady fan base- because it's affordable to stick around for a while. And seeing more people join the project, is just very motivating to me :)

And if you're really excited about the game (or if you can afford it), you can always donate a bit more (and I appricate it of course :) ). But I feel that should always be a clear addtional option with clear rewards -and not your only choice.

And I know, it's not the way to get rich fast. But I don't have to - I'm already at the point where I won't starve, so that's nice :) And if I can finish this game & earn something in the meanwhile, that's just great right?

PS. If you have good suggestions for extra rewards & such, I'm always interested to hear what others offer or what might be cool to get. At the moment my tiers are very limited, but in the future I might add a few more if the game has some more content.

!-Robin

Aerian

Oct 26, 2017
PS. If you have good suggestions for extra rewards & such, I'm always interested to hear what others offer or what might be cool to get. At the moment my tiers are very limited, but in the future I might add a few more if the game has some more content.

!-Robin
not the original poster, but if i may offer a suggestion. other creators that i enjoy (MITY and Belle) offer the chance at input and art requests. (well, the art requests have gone away because it was problematic on patreon.)

aside from that i gotta say i love your game! my only gripe so far, and it may just get "fixed" in the feature is that the story is a bit lackluster. she goes from being shy about saying she wants to shoot nudes, to getting him to shoot her, to getting him to fuck her in the ass straight up. it escalates a bit fast. and the MC is just like...yes please... all the while being too shy to even show his tent. perhaps in the future offer directions, like purposely showing his tent to get to a more fuckbuddy style path or being shy leading to a more intimate style path like you have now!

just my 2cents

JoyRideX

Jan 28, 2019
not the original poster, but if i may offer a suggestion. other creators that i enjoy (MITY and Belle) offer the chance at input and art requests. (well, the art requests have gone away because it was problematic on patreon.)

aside from that i gotta say i love your game! my only gripe so far, and it may just get "fixed" in the feature is that the story is a bit lackluster. she goes from being shy about saying she wants to shoot nudes, to getting him to shoot her, to getting him to fuck her in the ass straight up. it escalates a bit fast. and the MC is just like...yes please... all the while being too shy to even show his tent. perhaps in the future offer directions, like purposely showing his tent to get to a more fuckbuddy style path or being shy leading to a more intimate style path like you have now!

just my 2cents
Thanks! Input & art request are great tier-rewards & fun to do, I'll certainly consider it!

And your input is appricated too & I see what you mean. Keen probably won't become a real womanizer, but at a certain point he could indeed go more with flow...and be less akward about it. I'm trying this now with the next storyline.

And I'll probably update Lune her story too somewhere down the line, to make it all work a bit better/ make it more convincing.

It's actually the first time I make a game like this, so it's all still a bit unfamilliar terrain. But I hope to get better at and input like yours really helps, thanks! :)

ILW

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
I'm at the very beginning, but I've clicked everything and tried everything in the tool box and I just don't know where to start. How do I get Lune out of the sauna.
i`m stuck at the very beginning, need to get to repair bay and have to find a key, also where`s fcking luna, no clues, or i`m so stupid
jakefurry12345 After you talk to Lune, you click on the green tape that is laying there on the sauna's glass. When you hover on it, it'll display a repair icon which you can click it. From there you progress

Menno Coehoorn There is no key to find, haha. You will find Lune at the shuttlebay area, there's is a small top right corner of the Sauna that you click on. From there you will see Lune sitting there in the Sauna.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menno_Coehoorn

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Re: Getting to anal too quickly.
I just took it as being a part of the demo. Like an example of what later content will be like for demonstration purposes and not really representative of the actual pacing since things such as acquiring items and such aren't implemented yet. I would expect more build-up to be added in as the demo pads out and leads into a more fleshed-out version. A first reward being a kiss for example, with more intimate/erotic interaction happening as you progress with a character's story.
But for now, I just expect the game mechanics to get implemented, with the story that is there being more for working the mechanics into.

If you do open up to custom art pieces, make sure to limit the number of patrons on that tier or you run the risk of getting too busy to actually do what everyone supporting you is actually supporting you for in the first place.
Alternatively, you could open up polls and offer exclusive wallpapers or something. People tend to like interactivity and getting people discussing who the best girl is, for example, can be good lowkey market research. You'll know which paths and girls or other things to prioritise your work on without straight up asking people.
Don't give patrons the reigns completely to vote on which paths to work into the game next etc. or you may find yourself working on parts you aren't currently feeling as enthusiastic or inspired about yet. Limit any choices to things that you are interested in working on next. Also, if you get them voting on fluff like wallpapers etc. you keep your creative freedom as far as the main game goes while still giving them content they're eager to get.
With the idea of holo-pinups already being an aspect of the game, making them as tier rewards would fit the theme of your game perfectly in my opinion. And you can get away with having more fun by putting characters into non-canon situations if you feel like it.

Reactions: JoyRideX
Jul 18, 2018
Is anyone else having issues installing on Android? I'm on Oreo with unknown sources enabled. Installation stops at about 3/4 of the progress bar. Just says "app not installed."

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Is anyone else having issues installing on Android? I'm on Oreo with unknown sources enabled. Installation stops at about 3/4 of the progress bar. Just says "app not installed."
I get this issue all the time with RenPy games in general if I don't have waaaay more free space than needed. I just stopped even trying to use them on Android. My giving up is no help to you but try clearing as much space as you can and see if that helps.

Reactions: carnivoracious
Jul 18, 2018
@Stagwood
I get this issue all the time with RenPy games in general if I don't have waaaay more free space than needed. I just stopped even trying to use them on Android. My giving up is no help to you but try clearing as much space as you can and see if that helps.
I would figure 15gb and some change would be enough, but no dice.

I've also tried downloading it again (a couple of times). Still nothing.

ToastyOats

Aug 5, 2016
Where the hell is Ron, I want my damn HOLO-Magazines back you fucker. (No seriously, I'm getting tired of clicking all over the ship for no obvious response. Where the shit is Ron)

JoyRideX

Jan 28, 2019
Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that Demo 3.0 is out :)
In this demo you can now play Sophie her story-line.... and discover the truth about the strange alien plant that recently came into keen's possesion!

Well, I really hope you will enjoy it!

Last edited:
Reactions: balldicks
4.20 star(s) 47 Votes