pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Guys, I have the feeling many of the posts from last pages will be soon deleted. Perhaps, if you want exchange your opinions, do it through private massages :)

Reactions: Sam

hankfranklin

Jul 13, 2021
If we're talking about popularity polls, Ranli did a primary love interest poll back in April. I think the percentages may have shifted over time a bit, since Ranli doesn't close any of the polls, but the overall placements haven't really changed since then.
Cici ended up as the most popular female love interest, and, iirc, Ranli was surprised by her placing higher than Fatima.

I mentioned it before back when the update came out, but I think the May update ended up focusing on Chad and Anna instead of Cici and Anna to have both M/M and M/F focused content (and maybe because Chad ended up placing very high in the poll?), like how the December update is planned to have Cole and Cici dreams. No idea why Ranli picked Anna over Cici, though. I guess it's because Anna is more of a core main character?
Thanks for posting the poll, it was a mystery until you dropped it WazawaiDa.

As a hetero male, without seeming inconsiderate, Cis was the LEADING vote recipient that doesn't have a penis. As the #1 and most popular female LI once again I am left wondering how the dev's promise of a May update for her content was pushed back 7 months?

thaeral

Sep 21, 2019
...You do realize you keep mentioning this particular space that Ranli was chased out of many many pages back and doesn't give a fuck about anymore in the slightest? The Patreon is where all the action happens and the Patreon is run primarily by the gay community that prioritizes the male LIs. Most of you seem to just get butthurt by the content of the updates and go on to bitch about it in this 1 specific thread and have no clue what the actual context of the updates or the development procedures are.
^^THIS^^

Any poll on F95 is a token poll, at best. Some dev's may genuinely be curious about F95 feedback if they've had a history with F95, but all of these devs, in my Patreon experience, use the poll system built into Patreon to get feedback from their PAYING customers to drive parts of development. If you aren't a supporter on Patreon, you aren't helping them pay their rent, put food on their table, or keep the lights on. What could they possibly owe you in such a case? This is analogous to going into a store, stealing products, and walking to the manager to complain that they don't have the items you prefer to steal in stock.

hankfranklin

Jul 13, 2021
Any poll on F95 is a token poll, at best. Some dev's may genuinely be curious about F95 feedback if they've had a history with F95, but all of these devs, in my Patreon experience, use the poll system built into Patreon to get feedback from their PAYING customers to drive parts of development. If you aren't a supporter on Patreon, you aren't helping them pay their rent, put food on their table, or keep the lights on. What could they possibly owe you in such a case? This is analogous to going into a store, stealing products, and walking to the manager to complain that they don't have the items you prefer to steal in stock.
You are obviously confused about multiple topics.
1) To clarify, the poll that has been referred to by myself and others was on Patreon, not F95zone.
2) There was a planned update by the game developer for a Cis event update back in May, so your comment about "stealing products" from a merchant doesn't make any sense and seems wholly erroneous.
Thanks for stopping by however.

thaeral

Sep 21, 2019
It's completely relevant. We're still thieves in this thread. Your two points do not suddenly make you or anyone in this thread a paying customer of the developer. What was said 3 months ago, was not said to us. Not promised to us. Nor were any of us, that can be confirmed, except the one person who posed an image of a poll showing Cis didn't come out on top of a poll on Patreon. We are owed and entitled to nothing. If the Patrons are complaining about missing Cis content, that matters to the dev.

hankfranklin

Jul 13, 2021
It's completely relevant. We're still thieves in this thread. Your two points do not suddenly make you or anyone in this thread a paying customer of the developer. What was said 3 months ago, was not said to us. Not promised to us. Nor were any of us, that can be confirmed, except the one person who posed an image of a poll showing Cis didn't come out on top of a poll on Patreon. We are owed and entitled to nothing. If the Patrons are complaining about missing Cis content, that matters to the dev.
What IS relevant is the dev made a promise of upcoming content to paying customers. Not honoring or breaking that promise will compel people to leave his Patreon as well as prevent people from contributing $ in the future.
Incidentally amongst the female characters Cis was #1, so after a gay update (or two) it would seem the sensible decision to move in that direction.

The dev is free to do what he wants but at some point one must ask "am I in it for the money or personal gratification?"
At the end of the day, nobody ever got rich by NOT giving the people what they want.

Reactions: BGRW2020
Jul 2, 2019
Is there any preg content outside of Morgana? I made it to Part 2 and I'm happy to grind, but if there's no payoff for my kink... I don't want to waste my time.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Every update has story progression..."good" is subjective.
I don't think anyone would call it "fast" progression. Not sure what you mean by degraded? the first Season only covered one day, a single story line to introduce the main character and his companions to their new lives as cadets, now we are in the training phase with season 2. I'm not sure how to compare them, since the first season was by definition linear, while this phase was supposed to be about our choices. Still not sure how it will pan out.
yeah... I appreciate that Ranli tried to do something different than the usual VN for chapter 2, and I think the idea behind it is nice. I'm not sure that the execution is the ideal format for a monthly-updated game however, as it makes more sense when you have a substantial roster of missions to choose from, in addition to some amount of plot content.
I am wondering if he put too much hope on guest developers missions to fill up content, which I don't think it fully worked for the amount of material he needs.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
yeah... I appreciate that Ranli tried to do something different than the usual VN for chapter 2, and I think the idea behind it is nice. I'm not sure that the execution is the ideal format for a monthly-updated game however, as it makes more sense when you have a substantial roster of missions to choose from, in addition to some amount of plot content.
I am wondering if he put too much hope on guest developers missions to fill up content, which I don't think it fully worked for the amount of material he needs.
I suspect guest developers could never have produced much, the best games are the best, because they are consistant to themselves, each Guest Developer brings their own vision that without a central editor is going to muddy the story. I'm guessing doing that takes almost as much of Ranli's time (if not more) as making the content himself.

Any idea how structured his approach is? does he have a proper storyboard with everything mapped out or is he playing it by ear.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Is there any preg content outside of Morgana? I made it to Part 2 and I'm happy to grind, but if there's no payoff for my kink... I don't want to waste my time.
I don't imagine there will be a lot of pregnancy in this with it's Starship Trooper theme, but with the Dream & Holodeck angles anything is possible, if it does happen though I'm guessing it'll be a "one and done" type of scene.

perles75

May 16, 2020
I suspect guest developers could never have produced much, the best games are the best, because they are consistant to themselves, each Guest Developer brings their own vision that without a central editor is going to muddy the story. I'm guessing doing that takes almost as much of Ranli's time (if not more) as making the content himself.

Any idea how structured his approach is? does he have a proper storyboard with everything mapped out or is he playing it by ear.
Ah, good question... My feeling is that he has a strong worldbuilding, plus a clear idea of the direction of the game and the story, with most things mapped out, but not the step-by-step details. And we also know by experience that he tends to get a bit sidetracked and carried away by his ideas (most infamously the bunk bed conversations with the LIs). For example, I have no clue on how he'll manage to fill up the 90 days your training is supposed to last (and that covers the 2nd chapter), at this pace.
In the last year, except for the last couple of months, he has been rather regular in his updates, and he published a roadmap of the monthly updates with their content, so he must have some sort of medium-term plan. How far it stretches into the future, that's unclear.

And yes, I agree that the guest devs strategy wasn't really viable...

perles75

May 16, 2020
I don't imagine there will be a lot of pregnancy in this with it's Starship Trooper theme, but with the Dream & Holodeck angles anything is possible, if it does happen though I'm guessing it'll be a "one and done" type of scene.
yeah, that's definitely not a game for people that have a specific kink: it's mostly horizontal rather than vertical in terms of concept.
For sure Morgana's pregnancy is one of the storylines as it's referred to in several scenes, so my guess is it's more than just one and done, but for sure it won't be the main theme of the game. I don't think we'll see much pregnancy from other (not virtual) women of the game -possibly a female LI towards the faraway end of the game?

Reactions: Stil996

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
yeah, that's definitely not a game for people that have a specific kink: it's mostly horizontal rather than vertical in terms of concept.
For sure Morgana's pregnancy is one of the storylines as it's referred to in several scenes, so my guess is it's more than just one and done, but for sure it won't be the main theme of the game. I don't think we'll see much pregnancy from other (not virtual) women of the game -possibly a female LI towards the faraway end of the game?
I don't imagine Morgana will have any proper pregnancy content, My bet is that it's purely a setup for the MC's digital offspring that will magically appear in some future event.

Reactions: AlixWoe

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
My feeling is that he has a strong worldbuilding, plus a clear idea of the direction of the game and the story, with most things mapped out, but not the step-by-step details.
This has been my impression as well. I feel like a lot of the basic story ideas and the general plotline had been developed way back, probably before the development even started, but most details had changed along the way. I skimmed through the earliest Patreon posts a while back, it seems like there has always been influence from the polls and fan feedback on the course of the development, even as far as the very beginning, with character designs and names. There were also some story changes influenced by how popular some of the characters were. Sam was supposed to die at the end of Part 1, for example, but this was rewritten after he became such a popular character. Some of the characters like Ayewn, Krathi, and Chad also had their roles expanded over time.

As far as the planned structure of Part 2 goes, I know that all of the primary love interests are planned to have morning shower scenes that will cover an entire week, so with the number of PLIs we have right now there should be a minimum of 6 in-game week's worth of mission content. Every other week is planned to be a filler week in terms of the main story, so that bi players will be able to catch up on all of the content, while strictly gay/straight players will just get prompts to increase stats instead.

When he was asked about when he plans to start Part 3 on Discord, which I think may have been around last December or at the start of the year, Ranli said that he is currently aiming for Winter 2025, iirc. Not to be too negative, but, at the current rate of one in-game day every six months, even with the filler weeks, this is a bit too unrealistic, lol.

Reactions: Kane_Freeman
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes